+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The walking dead

The walking dead

Yes I'm well behind on this programme, somewhere in series 5, so please no spoilers.
    But...

If that all kicked off in real life in the UK, where would you try to go?
    We wouldn't have nearly as many firearms as they do on the show, or as many wild animals to hunt.

I think i might try to head to Caerphilly castle. Strong enough walls to keep the walkers out, and decent line of sight to look for attackers

Alternatively somewhere like steep/flat Holm would be pretty good.

Re: The walking dead

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Yes I'm well behind on this programme, somewhere in series 5, so please no spoilers.
    But...

We wouldn't have nearly as many firearms as they do on the show, or as many wild animals to hunt.

I think i might try to head to Caerphilly castle. Strong enough walls to keep the walkers out, and decent line of sight to look for attackers

So,so close to giving up on the Walking Dead. don't know how many more filler episodes I can take.

You do know zombies could just walk under water don't you..

I think I would go classic shopping centre.

Feedback

I've had experience of a zombie apocalypse. I got off the tram at Eccles once. **** me it was an experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    So,so close to giving up on the Walking Dead. don't know how many more filler episodes I can take.

You do know zombies could just walk under water don't you..

I think I would go classic shopping centre.
    I guess they could walk under the water, but they wouldn't be able to see where they were going down there, so they'd just end up getting lost and stuck in the silt.
    You might get the occasional one but should cut out the bigger hoards

Stayed in Warwick once, it was as if we had landed on some alien planet.

Really weird f uckers survive there.

But...

Get a boat.

Get across to zombie free Ireland.

End of programme.

Edit: one slight flaw in your plan btw, if you get to Caerphilly how would you be able to distinguish between zombies and locals?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Get a boat.

Get across to zombie free Ireland.

End of programme.
    Ireland has zombies too, it's everywhere

What?

You said UK in the original post.

Make your bloody mind up man.

You'll need to be far more decisive when it all kicks off.

St Patrick drove the snakes out of Ireland, maybe zombie St Patrick has driven the zombies out of Ireland?

Cardiff Castle and lock the gates.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    What?

You said UK in the original post.

Make your bloody mind up man.

You'll need to be far more decisive when it all kicks off.
    I meant you are in the UK, the zombie outbreak is pretty much everywhere. Maybe some isolated tribes somewhere that don't have it but that's it

its a great series, i love it

the lastest S7 has started to pick up a little now, the first 1/2 of it is as slow as it gets, i stuck at it, of course you would afterall you have watched the last 6 series improving now though

as for survival, i think you would stand a better chance on the move at the start, till things settled down and you had more spaces to set up camp, the prison must be a fav, its secure and you can grow crops ( like they did ) in the grounds
    maybe even one of these massive distribution centres, the be a little quick to block up the gates ( with blocks on the inside ) with only 1 entrance / exit , space to grow on the roof, plenty of space inside

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    its a great series, i love it

the lastest S7 has started to pick up a little now, the first 1/2 of it is as slow as it gets, i stuck at it, of course you would afterall you have watched the last 6 series improving now though

as for survival, i think you would stand a better chance on the move at the start, till things settled down and you had more spaces to set up camp, the prison must be a fav, its secure and you can grow crops ( like they did ) in the grounds
    maybe even one of these massive distribution centres, the be a little quick to block up the gates ( with blocks on the inside ) with only 1 entrance / exit , space to grow on the roof, plenty of space inside
    Yes, it has picked up a bit - just in time for the S7 finale next week!

Big punch up (ok, shoot-out) with Negan, gonna be some goodbyes, will the other communities join in or run away?

Without question my favourite TV show

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Without question my favourite TV show
    One of my faves.
    I like fantasy, so my others are Grimm (in its last season)
    Game of Thrones (last 2 short seasons coming up)

What do i watch next?

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    One of my faves.

What do i watch next?
    we have decided to sky plus the latest ( and last ) series of Grimm and watch it in one hit

we loved Revolution, if you didnt see it and can find it online / catch up, its great, but of course it ended rather quickly and randomly when the 3rd series wasnt taken up which is another JJ Abrams series that ended abruptly, Alcatraz went the same way

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    One of my faves.

What do i watch next?
    I'm also a big GoT fan as well as Grimm, although I'm kinda glad Grimm's finishing as I think they've run out of ideas and the last two seasons have just got a bit silly.

When Thrones and Grimm do finish though, I'm going to be in the same boat as you

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I'm also a big GoT fan as well as Grimm, although I'm kinda glad Grimm's finishing as I think they've run out of ideas and the last two seasons have just got a bit silly.

When Thrones and Grimm do finish though, I'm going to be in the same boat as you
    Just watched last night's Grimm (ep7 - "Blind Love") It's hilarious!