+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Grass Fires-Rhondda

Grass Fires-Rhondda

Apologies if it wasn't the Rhondda-According to the Welsh news Last night, you know, the news with what seems to have only three subjects-job losses-The NHS (in Wales of Course) and the Tidal Lagoon in Swansea-Surprised me last night in introducing a new subject for us all to be proud of-Grass Fires-I'm sure I heard that over the last couple of weeks, there had been 60 fires reported on mountainsides across the South Wales Valleys, not trying to cast aspersions on the fantastic folk that inhabit these areas, I came to the conclusion that some of these fires must have been by-products of a previous fire, because I can't ****ing believe that people can so bored that their only form of entertainment is to set fire to a mountainside and kill a load of wildlife, plus endanger the lives of local residents.

I know that many areas of the south wales valleys (and North Wales) are in desperate need of investment, jobs and infrastructure, Boredom and desperation can lead to alcohol abuse, sickness, depression and drug abuse, extreme behaviour, but somewhat understandable when the future looks bleak, But, when you have to set fire to the side of a Mountain, 60 times, then there is something seriously wrong, forget the substance abuse, this kind of behaviour is much more worrying!

Re: Grass Fires-Rhondda

Some fires may be deliberate (Idiots!), but some may be accidental, eg a discarded cigarette (idiots!).

Anyway, it's raining tonight.

Some pretty spectacular ones over rudry the other day

70 separate ones were started in South Wales last weekend, says this article: http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...-stop-12801469

I suppose it's very difficult to nab those who set them as they're probably quite a distance from the scene before the fire spreads.

coming back from west wales last sunday night....about 7.30 ish......came off M4 at Pyle (j37 I think)..to then go through Bridgend.

As the road goes back over the M4 the field to our left was totally ablaze, thick smoke just starting to look threatening, police sirens just starting to respond by the looks. My lad couldn't believe it, got a bit scared (but that could have just been my driving !)

This has been going on for decades but nothing positive has ever been done to
    stop it. Everyone just seems to put up with it.