+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Happy Brexit Day

Re: Happy Brexit Day

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Sterling has dropped 15% against the dollar - I think, so anything we import is going to cost more - at the moment. A lot of forecasts I have seen seem to believe that it will go back to pre brexit levels within 12 months - that is just someone else's prediction though.

Post Brexit in theory the UK can import from any non EU country and not have to apply the EU tariff. For example there was a program on bbc4 re shipping and how the container system is now a global std. To transport on a ship a flat screen TV from China to the UK cost £1. Given the economies of scale with large manufacturing in China and cheap labour - there is no way any UK / EU company can compete with that.

I am self employed - my standard of living changes every single year, good years it's great , bad years it's terrible. You should always cut your cloth accordingly as the saying goes.
    Agree with you,and have lived by those wise words all my life,but l do fear for the younger generations who seem to want everything yesterday,and l despair of some of the baby boomer generation who amongst them are some of the most selfish people l have met

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    Let's get on with it then!

But in all seriousness, the best thing that'll come from brexit is the increasing debate about welsh independence.
    it's not if, it's when

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    I get the idea, but it's not the EU that controls the education of Wales, nor the majority of the funding of Wales. Those are both for the Welsh Labour government, and the UK tory government. Both doing an equally bad job imo.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    I get the idea, but it's not the EU that controls the education of Wales, nor the majority of the funding of Wales. Those are both for the Welsh Labour government, and the UK tory government. Both doing an equally bad job imo.
    The LibDems have the education portfolio. Wales is being failed by all governments, including Brussels. Our convergence funding applications are held up as the model of good practice by the Commissioner at EU HQ. We have spunked most of the money - and it is only, annually, less than 1% of Wales' GDP - on third sector projects to help people write CVs and the like. We should have used it for transport infrastructure as that is what is clearly third-rate in Wales.

That programme was so bad. Not even filmed on busy nights in cardiff as well. It made the city look like a rubbish night out.

The LibDems have the education portfolio. Wales is being failed by all governments, including Brussels. Our convergence funding applications are held up as the model of good practice by the Commissioner at EU HQ. We have spunked most of the money - and it is only, annually, less than 1% of Wales' GDP - on third sector projects to help people write CVs and the like. We should have used it for transport infrastructure as that is what is clearly third-rate in Wales.
    What the funds are spent on isnt down to the EU. Again, that's our government in Cardiff and Local Authorities.