+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Happy Brexit Day

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Happy Brexit Day

One of those days to get shelter and waits until it all blows over.

In similar news Carwyn Jones admits Labour cannot manage the economy. What an admission by the man. Wales will struggle to survive after Brexit. Well its about time we let someone take charge who can take control.

Happy Brexit Day to you all!

Re: Happy Brexit Day

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    One of those days to get shelter and waits until it all blows over.

In similar news Carwyn Jones admits Labour cannot manage the economy. What an admission by the man. Wales will struggle to survive after Brexit. Well its about time we let someone take charge who can take control.

Happy Brexit Day to you all!

Have you got a link to that? I'd be interested to know if that is what he actually said and if so, in what context.
    All I can find online so far is this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-39424361

"The current First Minister Carwyn Jones, who was on the Remain side last year, said he stood "ready to work constructively with the UK government to secure a deal which protects Welsh businesses, our economy and the future prosperity of Wales".
    "If, as negotiations progress, we believe our priorities are not being championed or our representation falls below a level we find acceptable, we will not remain silent," he said.
    Mr Jones added: "As a leader of a country which voted to leave the EU, we are wholly focused on securing Wales' future
    ."

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Have you got a link to that? I'd be interested to know if that is what he actually said and if so, in what context.
    All I can find online so far is this:

"The current First Minister Carwyn Jones, who was on the Remain side last year, said he stood "ready to work constructively with the UK government to secure a deal which protects Welsh businesses, our economy and the future prosperity of Wales".
    "If, as negotiations progress, we believe our priorities are not being championed or our representation falls below a level we find acceptable, we will not remain silent," he said.
    Mr Jones added: "As a leader of a country which voted to leave the EU, we are wholly focused on securing Wales' future
    ."
    Paraphrasing a news report, which appears to be paraphrasing his rant in assembly.

This is about all I can find on it.

Seems to be saying Wales are ****ed with Brexit. My view is it is his job to make sure Brexit is an opportunity. Carwyn seems determined to play the battered wife role, and bring us down with his rhetoric

Paraphrasing a news report, which appears to be paraphrasing his rant in assembly.

Seems to be saying Wales are ****ed with Brexit. My view is it is his job to make sure Brexit is an opportunity. Carwyn seems determined to play the battered wife role, and bring us down with his rhetoric
    What is the 'battered wife role'?

Wales does a good enough job of that as it is

It took an age to get to sleep last night. With Theresa's letter on its way to the continent I could barely contain my excitement. Despite getting little kip and being somewhat bleary-eyed, I sprang from beneath the duvet to skip downstairs. All morning I couldn't stop myself from merrily humming and whistling patriotic ditties. Is anyone else feeling equally optimistic?

I suspect Mrs Steve R is. Something tells me her unwieldly Dyson DC40, which weighs a ton, felt as light as a feather when she zoomed round the lounge with her Tony Bennett CD playing at high volume.

Below is one of Tone's most popular songs. Without Googling, which blockbuster film has it become synonymous with?

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    It took an age to get to sleep last night. With Theresa's letter on its way to the continent I could barely contain my excitement. Despite getting little kip and being somewhat bleary-eyed, I sprang from beneath the duvet to skip downstairs. All morning I couldn't stop myself from merrily humming and whistling patriotic ditties. Is anyone else feeling equally optimistic?

I suspect Mrs Steve R is. Something tells me her unwieldly Dyson DC40, which weighs a ton, felt as light as a feather when she zoomed round the lounge with her Tony Bennett CD playing at high volume.

Below is one of Tone's most popular songs. Without Googling, which blockbuster film has it become synonymous with?

Goodfellas - A true masterpiece

So if Brexit works, it will all be down to the Westminster Government and if it doesn't, it'll be the WAG's fault?

Happy brexit day?

I thought today was the start of the process which in approx 2 years leads to brexit day?

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird View Post
    Happy brexit day?

I thought today was the start of the process which in approx 2 years leads to brexit day?
    If you want to be pedantic, then it is -2 years anniversary to when we leave. You doughnut!

Don't worry, Wales will be far better off out of the EU. The tories will look after us. They always do.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Amongst other things it has gone on transport infrastructure (A55, A40, one section of the A465 alone received £85m)

Town Centre regeneration projects in places like Ebbw Vale, Aberdare and Pontypridd.

Wales Coastal Path

Swansea University's new campus

Cardiff University science development and research

Job creation projects

Welsh Government Apprenticeships programme

Agricultural fund for rural development

Fisheries fund

Renewable energy funding

Cardiff Capital region deal

Let's be honest, Wales voting to leave the EU has to rank amongst the most stupid decisions in the history of our country.

Funding for small business competitiveness.
    All that and it still didn't really benefit the region. Could that be why they voted a higher percentage out. Summarised as gentrification. Without actually helping people.

And a question no one can answer. How much of that would be funded by the UK or WAG if the EU didn't. Certainly some would have, some less, and maybe different projects may have received funding.

It doesnt provide for people like it needed to.

All that and it still didn't really benefit the region. Could that be why they voted a higher percentage out. Summarised as gentrification. Without actually helping people.

And a question no one can answer. How much of that would be funded by the UK or WAG if the EU didn't. Certainly some would have, some less, and maybe different projects may have received funding.

It doesnt provide for people like it needed to.
    Other than improvements to the town centres, I don't think you could describe any of those as gentrification.

One of the many great things about the EU in my opinion is that the wealthier countries are helping to improve the less well off regions, providing assistance for infrastructure improvements and job creation schemes that they may otherwise not get. Once we've left I feel we are going to have to fight tooth and nail for every penny we can get from Westminster.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Other than improvements to the town centres, I don't think you could describe any of those as gentrification.

One of the many great things about the EU in my opinion is that the wealthier countries are helping to improve the less well off regions, providing assistance for infrastructure improvements and job creation schemes that they may otherwise not get. Once we've left I feel we are going to have to fight tooth and nail for every penny we can get from Westminster.
    Absolutely. The poorest regions of Wales will be a very low priority for this right wing Tory Government.

I have no problem with people expressing concerns. But for some it's constant negativity.
    So what exactly are the positives?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    So what exactly are the positives?
    We apparently regain our sovereignty albeit only when it suits the Brexiteers. We regain control of our borders although immigration is not going to come down any time soon apparently. The pound will continue to fall which is great news for our exporters. We just need to forget imports becoming more expensive and inflation rising well above pay increases.

Its a win win situation.

The positives? Britain managed its affairs perfectly well for many centuries without outsiders creating thousands of rules to abide by, and it can again. Immigration levels may not decline, but we can then point the finger at British politicians who can be held to account via the ballot box. The pound's currently low by design. A 0.25% base rate whilst CPI, the lowest inflation gauge, is at 2.3% equals outright manipulation. It's also called currency wars or the race to the bottom because all the major currencies are heading to their intrinsic value which is precisely nothing... the pound and US Dollar, for example, have lost 96% of their purchasing power in the past 100 years.

The positives? Britain managed its affairs perfectly well for many centuries without outsiders creating thousands of rules to abide by, and it can again. Immigration levels may not decline, but we can then point the finger at British politicians who can be held to account via the ballot box. The pound's currently low by design. A 0.25% base rate whilst CPI, the lowest inflation gauge, is at 2.3% equals outright manipulation. It's also called currency wars or the race to the bottom because all the major currencies are heading to their intrinsic value which is precisely nothing... the pound and US Dollar, for example, have lost 96% of their purchasing power in the past 100 years.
    So, the referendum gave us the chance to maybe eventually identify who is to "blame" for the record immigration figures - always said it was a referendum on immigration, as opposed to EU membership, for an awful lot of people.

So amongst all that rhetoric, the best you can come up with is "outsiders not writing our rules"? Meanwhile the government is currently hard at work writing those very same rules into our statute books????

Britain will once again be able to control its own destiny. That was at the crux of the referendum. Didn't you notice?

Britain will once again be able to control its own destiny. That was at the crux of the referendum. Didn't you notice?
    Broadly speaking, we always did. The quid pro quo for the benefits we received were the adoption of EU regulations.

We used to rule half the world. Things change.

Whilst I accept that we will no longer have to worry about the shape of our bananas or the suction power of our vacuum cleaners again, any future trade deal will inevitably come with strings attached that won't be all that dissimilar to those already imposed on us by Europe.

I'm still looking for some tangible benefits of leaving the EU, but at the moment all I'm getting is the ideology of "controlling our own destiny". Is that all there is? Is that why we've rolled the dice with the stake being the futures of our children and the poorest in society?