+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Should human's drink milk?

Should human's drink milk?

Away from the animal welfare side, I've read a number of times that humans should not drink the secretion of cows. It is for calves, not human beings.

It has terrible affects on our hormones apparently. That is why we've seen in a surge in man moobs around the world. It isn't solely responsible but it hasn't helped. Soy is the devil with raising estrogen levels as well. Estrogen is the female hormone and testosterone the males apparently. Milk raises estrogen levels.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-10192238.html

I saw camel's milk is an in thing now as well. How anyone who has met a camel can drink that spitting beasts milk I will never know.

People bang on about plant based milk and nut milk being better for you. Ingredients of an almond one:

Water, Sugar, Almond (2%), Calcium (tri-calcium phosphate), Sea salt, Stabilisers (Locust bean gum, Gellan gum), Emulsifier (Sunflower lecithin), Vitamins (Riboflavin (B2), B12, E, D2)

How can all that be rubbish be better for you?.

People say they've seen huge improvements in their health when they've cut out milk completely.

Anyone got an idea?. Previously I'd wolf down over 3 pints of milk daily with breakfast etc. Now I question whether it is a good idea.

Yes I do know I will inevitably die and milk isn't the worst thing in the world.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 29-03-17 at 14:41.

Re: Should human's drink milk?

I suspect that there are lots of things that we wouldn't touch with a bargepole if it wasn't already an established foodstuff/habit.

I suspect cows milk would be one of very, very many that - if 'new' - might be met with some hostility or even revulsion.

Have you ever thought what it would be like if cows were the size of Guinea pigs? It would be a very different world indeed. Milk would cost an arm and a leg and steaks would be facking tiny. So let's all just be thankful that cows are actually the size that they are.

I'll drink it as long as it full fat and not any of that skimmed milk nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird View Post
    I'll drink it as long as it full fat and not any of that skimmed milk nonsense
    Get a load of this real man guys! Mad bastard

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Have you ever thought what it would be like if cows were the size of Guinea pigs? It would be a very different world indeed. Milk would cost an arm and a leg and steaks would be facking tiny. So let's all just be thankful that cows are actually the size that they are.
    Indeed, thank feck, imagine the carnage the Bull would make of a Guinea Pig.

How has there beenow a recent surge in manboobs when humans have been drinking cows milk for years?

Heard someone on't radio the other day talking about this. Cows milk is meant for their calfs not humans. Yet everyone (most anyway!) would baulk at the idea of drinking human breast milk - the guy reckoned that was conditioned into us to avoid adults stealing the food from babes mouths. However logically human milk is what we should be having. Maybe there is something in the op point

IMG_0884.jpg

Kind of brings it into perspective?

It is just plain weird and pretty sick too

I'm guessing the reason why we drink cows milk and not pig, rat or human milk is down to taste.

I remember trying breast milk when my eldest was born - not straight from the tit mind, I'm not that weird.

Naturally when my mates missus had a baby a few months later I convinced him it was quite nice so he had a go.

No wonder babies are always crying.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    I suspect that there are lots of things that we wouldn't touch with a bargepole if it wasn't already an established foodstuff/habit.

I suspect cows milk would be one of very, very many that - if 'new' - might be met with some hostility or even revulsion.
    Ye, I suppose we just evolve and adapt.

I was thinking as well how are human beings still unable to eat raw chicken?. I would have thought that over the thousands of years of eating chickens it would have evened out.

And then I read that the world has no definitive colour. Evolution has made humans create these colours out of convenience. Animals in wildlife see the world in different colours, some because their survival depends on it. The world is an illusion and all that.

Too early in the day for this stuff... I am going on about it mainly because I've read a few chapters of that Sapiens book. It is eye opening.

^^ Thanks for the reminder - been meaning to read Sapiens for ages - off to order it now .

Like the good Lord (Kenwyne) said, we have evolved....there must be hundreds and thousands of thing we eat and drink that are not native to our diet. Lets not forgot all the products that derive from milk as well...I don't find it any weirder than half the other stuff I eat.

The ethics and how it get to us i understand isn't very sustainable but that is for another fred.

I don't drink milk anymore if that influences anybody's viewpoint at all. I imagine it will.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post

I was thinking as well how are human beings still unable to eat raw chicken?. I would have thought that over the thousands of years of eating chickens it would have evened out.

It's not really the chicken meat itself, it's the bacteria that lives within. For us to evolve to eat raw chicken meat, we would have to evolve to be resistant to the nastiness that the bacteria brings - unfortunately for our stomachs, the bacteria are evolving too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    ^^ Thanks for the reminder - been meaning to read Sapiens for ages - off to order it now .
    I can't vouch for all of it but the 1st few chapters definitely make you think about the world in a different way.

It can be hard to follow as well as there are a lot of complex names going on. I didn't know there were so many different types of human. I had no idea what homo sapiens actually meant.

Personally I think Beer is more to blame for Moobs than milk.

And all that junk food with massive doses of added sugar.

Now that is unnatural.