+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Neil Warnock in Caerphilly social tonight

Neil Warnock in Caerphilly social tonight

good couple of hours. retold the stories that were discussed on goals on Sunday. hopes zahore will score 20+ next season. sounds like magna will stay. doesnt sound that idriss Saddi will be with us next season. pre season mid July in Cornwall 3 games, also game v Plymouth. first pre season game v Taffs Well including first team.
    also felt some u23 players were in easy Street which is why he released them

Re: Neil Warnock in Caerphilly social tonight

Surprised that Manga might stay. His high wages make him one of the first out if the door, surely? Will have no trouble finding a club abroad on decent wages, more than we can afford. Think transfer for Saadi arranged ages ago.

Is Zohore fit for Wolves?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Surprised that Manga might stay. His high wages make him one of the first out if the door, surely? Will have no trouble finding a club abroad on decent wages, more than we can afford. Think transfer for Saadi arranged ages ago.
    I'd be surprised if Manga stayed given what's been said on both sides in the past couple of years. However, provided he gets on the pitch more for us next season, you have to say that getting someone who is better than him on a permanent contract would, in all likelihood, cost us more than giving Manga a contract he'd be willing to sign.

Top quality player, we will need a few of them to progress up the league.

I didnt know they were interested in him?

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'd be surprised if Manga stayed given what's been said on both sides in the past couple of years. However, provided he gets on the pitch more for us next season, you have to say that getting someone who is better than him on a permanent contract would, in all likelihood, cost us more than giving Manga a contract he'd be willing to sign.
    I would have thought the same. But given his injury proneness and his commitment to Gabon at the African Cup of Nations, perhaps his value has dropped back into affordability for us.

Surely so, they will eat anything.

Think it was more that a new contract offer had been presented to Manga ( but not accepted yet), for a lot less money, however as Warnock himself said, he's had it good on his current contract for years and owes us. Also Warnock can make him a better player and he'll enjoy it here .. and we'll have the 3 best centre backs in the Championship 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I didnt know they were interested in him?
    Big Ken is not for sale.
    Warnock said he'll improve him and in a year or 2 Ken will have real big clubs after him.
    Sounds like he's got big hopes of Ken scoring the goals to get us up.
    Neil also said he might sell players but should be able to keep all the ones under contract that he wants to.

Hopes to have clarity on Hoilett, Manga and Harris in a few weeks

Is King Kenny likely to start on Saturday?

Who arranges these events? This is the first I'd heard about it but would have liked to have attended.