I have lost my flair for the ladies, it's all gone tits up

Yours

A broken man

Re: Dating disaster

No, no no.
    Dust yerself down .. an go' again.

It is only fair on the ladies that you continue your lovequest

C'mon Sludge keep going , Ms Right is out there somewhere mate.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    C'mon Sludge keep going , Ms Right is out there somewhere mate.
    May as well look for Mr right ff sake

I am wallowing in a maggot ridden cesspit

All hope is gone
    Last edited by SLUDGE FACTORY; 30-03-17 at 15:11. Reason: Crap spelling

1. Join a gym and get fit
    2. Dress smart
    3. Find an hobby that intelligent women also like - e.g. language learning, archaeology, book clubs. This is where you will find your dates.

Look for single women venues:

Shopping M & S late evening and Saturday afternoon
    Coffee shops M&S , John Lewis
    Church and Events
    Jumble Sales
    Libraries
    Taff Trail Walks
    Fitness Clubs
    Suit up
    Book Clubs
    Voluntary work
    Charity Shops

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    2. Dress smart
    3. Find an hobby that intelligent women also like - e.g. language learning, archaeology, book clubs. This is where you will find your dates.
    1, At 20 stone and size 44" inch waist the prospect of him becoming fit is unlikely.
    2, Difficult considering his wardrobe consists entirely of Sports Direct clobber.
    3, He avoids intelligent women like the plague. That's why he's almost superglued near to the entrance of Bridgend's Bargain Booze most days.

As you've answered his post directly, expect a PM from him asking if you have any photos of Nicola Sturgeon's camel toe or, at a push, Lorraine Kelly's.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    May as well look for Mr right ff sake

I am wallowing in a maggot ridden cesspit

All hope is gone
    Use rohypnol fella.

The added bonus is they can't talk so it's a win, win.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Look for single women venues:

Shopping M & S late evening and Saturday afternoon
    Coffee shops M&S , John Lewis
    Church and Events
    Jumble Sales
    Libraries
    Taff Trail Walks
    Fitness Clubs
    Suit up
    Book Clubs
    Voluntary work
    Charity Shops
    Or join millions of other men who use Rentabroad. That will get it out of your system.

2. Dress smart

Having attended evening classes for German, Dutch, French, Italian, Spanish and Japanese over the years I would like to refine point 3.
    The best totty is to be found amongst those learning the Latin languages. German is by far the worst: the demographic is usually predominantly male and/or decidedly aged. There's not a single person in my Advanced German class who is not eligible for B & Q's Diamond Club or a Ł229 season ticket at the City.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    1, At 20 stone and size 44" inch waist the prospect of him becoming fit is unlikely.
    2, Difficult considering his wardrobe consists entirely of Sports Direct clobber.
    3, He avoids intelligent women like the plague. That's why he's almost superglued near to the entrance of Bridgend's Bargain Booze most days.

As you've answered his post directly, expect a PM from him asking if you have any photos of Nicola Sturgeon's camel toe or, at a push, Lorraine Kelly's.
    You make Sludge out to be a real dinosaur. But they were actually sensitive lovers and never knocked over a display at Mothercare!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...-a7658451.html

cefin mably farm on a saturday is the best for single mothers.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post

Sludge sent a private message to one of my previous incarnations. The cheeky bugger wanted to give me life style advice.

I would echo Taunton Blue Genie's advice about Latin scholars. I lived with a Latin teacher. She was 6' tall and had the longest legs I have ever seen.

Sludge is still a young chap and has yet to peak.I predict many glorious nights ahead with some of the nation's finest women for the Sludgemeister.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I have lost my flair for the ladies, it's all gone tits up

Yours

A broken man
    I always find it helps if you don't request a pair of her used undercrackers at the end of said first date.

Yours helpingly,

Arfur

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    I always find it helps if you don't request a pair of her used undercrackers at the end of said first date.

Yours helpingly,

Arfur
    Yer mate don`t asked just pilfer them - What the eye don`t see the heart don`t grieve.
    Chin up Sludge stick some Sabbath on and Rock out.

Sludge sent a private message to one of my previous incarnations. The cheeky bugger wanted to give me life style advice.

I would echo Taunton Blue Genie's advice about Latin scholars. I lived with a Latin teacher. She was 6' tall and had the longest legs I have ever seen.
    Were you ever caught together 'in flagrante delicto' whilst engaging in 'coitus interruptus'?

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    cefin mably farm on a saturday is the best for single mothers.
    Is that where they rear them?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Is that where they rear them?
    Show some respect mun!

Take them home first

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Were you ever caught together 'in flagrante delicto' whilst engaging in 'coitus interruptus'?
    A gentleman never tells. You seem to have studied a lot of languages. I like to keep my brain active by constant learning but I like to learn on my own and in my own way. My methods are relaxing and stress free but they are very inefficient. Have you found language classes to be effective? Also what parts of these lessons help you the most? Do they involve written homework or is it mainly conversational practice? Do you think you have got value for money? I know none of this will help poor Sludge get a leg over but you might be able some of us on here with more cerebral concerns.

A gentleman never tells. You seem to have studied a lot of languages. I like to keep my brain active by constant learning but I like to learn on my own and in my own way. My methods are relaxing and stress free but they are very inefficient. Have you found language classes to be effective? Also what parts of these lessons help you the most? Do they involve written homework or is it mainly conversational practice? Do you think you have got value for money? I know none of this will help poor Sludge get a leg over but you might be able some of us on here with more cerebral concerns.
    Qvestions, qvestions......

A few of those languages I learned for short periods in anticipation of visiting the countries concerned. Believe it or not, I have been in the same Advanced German class for 22 years and with the same tutor. He is the most magnificent teacher and not only knows the language inside and out but can explain things in different ways to students who are at different levels. I learn things from him every week and will never be as good as him - and I enjoy the classes. We don't have homework but I access German TV occasionally to top up, as it were. The first hour of his class is of limited value to me as it's when everyone speaks (and most of them at a lower level than me) but the second hour involved getting down in the weeds with the complicated grammar.
    The only other languages I have learned long-term are French and Spanish (both of which at a lower level than my German). I changed horses from the former to the latter as I found it easier to make friends in Spain than in France. Unfortunately, I jacked in Spanish a few months ago as the only evening class teacher available is absymal. Her English is appalling, her teaching is chaotic and she's very rude to all and sundry. I was granted a refund and have been in contact with her employer expressing my desire to continue learning next September if they can offer an alternative lecturer.
    I'm no expert but I think that it's best to learn from a variety of sources - and I do think that learning on one's own does have its drawbacks regarding pronunciation.
    For my part, I am taking Partial Retirement at the end of next month (reducing to 2.5 days a week) and I also intend enrolling in German and Spanish daytime classes with the University of the Third Age and have registered with a local infants school to help remedial readers with their English.
    I have never done any homework! Although I need to for Spanish.
    One retired chap in my German class is also learning French, Latin and Spanish!
    Last edited by Taunton Blue Genie; 31-03-17 at 13:35.

Twenty two years in the same advanced German class with the same teacher ! That's more than a bit unusual but it is also a coincidence because I was thinking earlier about that great movie Groundhog Day. I don't think Sludge would watch a film without tits but it might help him. He'd need to watch it over and over until the film's messages sink in.

It seems that for you language learning is just as much a social thing as an intellectual challenge. You like sitting a room for two hours every week and chatting in a foreign language with friends or acquaintances.

There is an interesting link here to an oldish man who reached the highest level in Italian in just two years. He admits that he didn't start from nothing, but I think he wasn't far off being a beginner. He also got to the highest level in German.

http://brianjx.altervista.org/#_Toc415599058

Twenty two years in the same advanced German class with the same teacher ! That's more than a bit unusual but it is also a coincidence because I was thinking earlier about that great movie Groundhog Day. I don't think Sludge would watch a film without tits but it might help him. He'd need to watch it over and over until the film's messages sink in.

It seems that for you language learning is just as much a social thing as an intellectual challenge. You like sitting a room for two hours every week and chatting in a foreign language with friends or acquaintances.

There is an interesting link here to an oldish man who reached the highest level in Italian in just two years. He admits that he didn't start from nothing, but I think he wasn't far off being a beginner. He also got to the highest level in German.

http://brianjx.altervista.org/#_Toc415599058
    I don't attend my German classes as a social thing - it's what I learn that interests me. Neither do I attend in order to talk to the other learners in the language. In fact, I sit next to a lovely older guy whose German is the weakest in the class. I get nothing from the pairing (we are meant to talk to each other at the outset and later relate to the class what the other has said) except for having a bit of satisfaction helping him.
    After the conversational stuff has finished we don't ever follow a course or stick to the same material - so it's a matter of learning something every week and to be able to rattle on in German for days on end when I visit my German friends in the town I lived in several decades ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I don't attend my German classes as a social thing - it's what I learn that interests me. Neither do I attend in order to talk to the other learners in the language. In fact, I sit next to a lovely older guy whose German is the weakest in the class. I get nothing from the pairing (we are meant to talk to each other at the outset and later relate to the class what the other has said) except for having a bit of satisfaction helping him.
    After the conversational stuff has finished we don't ever follow a course or stick to the same material - so it's a matter of learning something every week and to be able to rattle on in German for days on end when I visit my German friends in the town I lived in several decades ago.
    If I had more time or if my life was more organised I would like to join a few classes, but it can't be done at the moment. My language learning is mainly a memory exercise.

If I had more time or if my life was more organised I would like to join a few classes, but it can't be done at the moment. My language learning is mainly a memory exercise.
    That's the fourth time you have told me....