+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FT: WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS 3 - 1 CARDIFF CITY.

FT: WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS 3 - 1 CARDIFF CITY.

Match facts

• Wolves have scored in all but one of their last 19 home league games against Cardiff.
    • Cardiff have won five of their last seven league meetings with Wolves.
    • Cardiff have scored more goals via set-pieces (27) than any Championship side in 2016/17.
    • Only Nottm Forest (129) have made more changes to their starting line-up this season than Wolves (111).
    • Kenneth Zohore has netted eight goals in his last eight appearances for Cardiff.
    • Wolves have won just 18 points at home this season out of a possible 51 - the third lowest haul in the division after Wigan Athletic (15) and Rotherham United (16).

Re: WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS v CARDIFF CITY. Matchday thread

Match Officials

Referee: ANDY DAVIES
    Assistants: Geoffrey Russell and Daniel Robathan
    Fourth Official: Richard Wild

Wolves v Cardiff. Match preview

City travel to Molineux to face a Wolves side still looking over their shoulders

Wolves boss Paul Lambert will continue to monitor the fitness of goalkeeper Carl Ikeme ahead of his side's Sky Bet Championship clash with Cardiff.

Ikeme was ruled out of Nigeria's friendly last week with a slight hamstring injury.

Jordan Graham, Michal Zyro and Silvio are back in training after long spells out and could return before the end of the season.

C:WindowsTempphpBEE2.tmp

Wolves are currently 16th in the table and will be looking for their fourth straight win in the league.

Cardiff hope to include in-form striker Kenneth Zohore at Molineux.

Zohore was unable to report to the Denmark Under-21 squad during the international break because of a calf problem.

But Zohore, who has scored nine goals in his last 10 appearances, has trained this week and will travel with the rest of the Cardiff squad.

Iceland midfielder Aron Gunarsson, who has been away on international duty and did not return to training until Friday, and striker Rickie Lambert will also be assessed.

Match Officials

Match facts

• Wolves have scored in all but one of their last 19 home league games against Cardiff.

• Cardiff have scored more goals via set-pieces (27) than any Championship side in 2016/17.

• Only Nottm Forest (129) have made more changes to their starting line-up this season than Wolves (111).

• Kenneth Zohore has netted eight goals in his last eight appearances for Cardiff.

• Wolves have won just 18 points at home this season out of a possible 51 - the third lowest haul in the division after Wigan Athletic (15) and Rotherham United (16).

Last edited by Michael Morris; 01-04-17 at 12:02.

Re: Wolves v Cardiff. Match preview

Wolves boss Paul Lambert will continue to monitor the fitness of goalkeeper Carl Ikeme ahead of his side's Sky Bet Championship clash with Cardiff.

Ikeme was ruled out of Nigeria's friendly last week with a slight hamstring injury.

Jordan Graham, Michal Zyro and Silvio are back in training after long spells out and could return before the end of the season.

C:WindowsTempphpBEE2.tmp

Wolves are currently 16th in the table and will be looking for their fourth straight win in the league.

Cardiff hope to include in-form striker Kenneth Zohore at Molineux.

Zohore was unable to report to the Denmark Under-21 squad during the international break because of a calf problem.

But Zohore, who has scored nine goals in his last 10 appearances, has trained this week and will travel with the rest of the Cardiff squad.

Iceland midfielder Aron Gunarsson, who has been away on international duty and did not return to training until Friday, and striker Rickie Lambert will also be assessed.

Match Officials

Match facts

McGregor, Richards, Bennett, Manga, Bamba, Morrison, Ralls, Gunnarsson, Hoilett, K Harris, Zohore.

Murphy, John, Connolly, Halford, Whittingham, Noone and Pilkington

I like that line up. Not sure if Warnock is playing three CBs or if Manga or Bamba is in midfield. Either way something different.

Excellent that Zohore is fit too. Maybe he always was?

Strong looking side that.

Come on you mighty Bluebirds!!!!!

4-1 to us just like the photo on the front of the Wolves programme.
    we went up there in87/8 when we were going for promotion and they were top and won 4-1 so same again please.

Is anyone despairing of the childish clickbait nature of Wales Online. Not only do they tweet the same thing over and over again and use the most ambiguous subjects in their tweets (like for example 'he's in big trouble now' or 'it's just incredible' - tempting you to click to discover a non story) - Oh and the BBC are heading this way as well, but today in my view they dropped to another level.

This is our national media and they tweet

I can do that because I'm a unprofessional hack, but I'd expect a better output from the professionals.

Or am I being a grouch

I suspect Bamba in front of the back four like he did earlier in the season. Very solid defensively.

Cmon smash them midlands gypsys

it does look really balanced and it feels so good to look at a city line up and feel confident .... words of caution though Wolves on a roll and need the points !

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Cmon smash them midlands gypsys
    That's a bit harsh

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Is anyone despairing of the childish clickbait nature of Wales Online. Not only do they tweet the same thing over and over again and use the most ambiguous subjects in their tweets (like for example 'he's in big trouble now' or 'it's just incredible' - tempting you to click to discover a non story) - Oh and the BBC are heading this way as well, but today in my view they dropped to another level.

This is our national media and they tweet

I can do that because I'm a unprofessional hack, but I'd expect a better output from the professionals.

Or am I being a grouch

Dont be so hard on yourself.
    No disrespect to you but these guys are of the same ilk.
    It's not just WOL that works in this way, it is mainstream news.
    Unfortunately this divisive journalism has become the norm.

I, like yourself, think that newspapers and news should be a level above and share your despair

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I suspect Bamba in front of the back four like he did earlier in the season. Very solid defensively.
    ^^^this^^^
    Gonna test Ken's fitness

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    4-1 to us just like the photo on the front of the Wolves programme.
    we went up there in87/8 when we were going for promotion and they were top and won 4-1 so same again please.
    I'll always remember that day - for not being there. Instead I attended my first (and last) egg game, England v. Wales at Twickenham. Wales won, but none of us cared, it was just a p!ss up.

Aw balls

FFS

Wolves 1 - 0 Cardiff. Danny Batth for the home side on 9 mins.

ZOHORE!!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    ZOHORE!!!!!

Get in Ken