+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Some thoughts on today

Some thoughts on today

I wouldn't say it was a particularly bad performance, but can't really argue with the result too much.

Seen that it has been said Bamba was playing the "anchor" role. He was centre mid, simple as that. His distribution isn't good enough to play there and this was not a rip-roaring success. Don't want to see it again.

Hoilett was piss poor - not for the first time. Not sure whether he's already signed for next season. If he hasn't, I wouldn't go offering him over the odds. There's a reason he didn't have a club at the start of this season.

I see McGregor has been lambasted on WalesOnline, not for the first time. Can't see what he did wrong today.

I'm not a big fan of either Richards or Bennett to be honest. Think a lot of people judge fullbacks on the occasional foray forward but defending has to be the number one aim.

Zohore had hardly any of the ball and had to drop deep. Fair play to him for getting a goal and for trying to get involved.

Noone looked lively when he came on - but we've seen all that before.

Bad, bad miss by Gunnarsson. Big moment in the game that.

The game was quite a physical one and we stood up to that challenge. In the end I guess Costa was the difference between the teams. That's £13m for you.

We're not a million miles away from being a decent team, but Warnock does have a bit of work to do.

Re: Some thoughts on today

Fair shout, although I thought Richards was OK defensively.

Wolves looked a good side going forward, full of pace - bit of an eye opener for how much work needs to be done for next season

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Fair shout, although I thought Richards was OK defensively.

Wolves looked a good side going forward, full of pace - bit of an eye opener for how much work needs to be done for next season
    My thoughts - with safety secured the players are now on the beach.

It was always going to be a difficult one to get motivated for as we are largely safe but Wolves are still scrapping for everything.

Yes we have problems, but I have full faith in Warnock to identify, acknowledge and then resolve these during the summer.

I believe that Manga was CB and Bamba played in front of them? This looked good in the home game when we first employed it, but I'd really like to see Manga and Bamba paired up as CBs. I can't see many teams getting through that pairing.

Interesting to hear that Noone had a good showing. We all know only too well how good he can be, but is frustratingly sporadic!!

Think we also need some assistance upfront for Zohore. This would hopefully stop him needing to drop deep to see the ball.

How did Gunnarsson do? Was his miss really that bad?

Banned

At the end of the 2014/15 season the manager was slated by a few on here for not playing youngsters when there was nothing to play for. Why aren't the same people so vocal about our current manager? All this talk about youth development seems to be a load of rubbish at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    At the end of the 2014/15 season the manager was slated by a few on here for not playing youngsters when there was nothing to play for. Why aren't the same people so vocal about our current manager? All this talk about youth development seems to be a load of rubbish at the moment.
    The brightest from the development squad have appeared in the squad and on the field in recent weeks though - Healey, Harris amongst others.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    The brightest from the development squad have appeared in the squad and on the field in recent weeks though - Healey, Harris amongst others.
    Healey is 22 and M Harris yet to get a first team appearance.

I was quite disappointed when I saw the team and saw neither Mark Harris nor Ibrahim Meite even on the bench, what's the point in having a player like Halford on the bench when we're already safe? Surely now is time to experiment with younger players?

O
    I'm pretty sure Harris has come off the bench for the first team. Meite has also been in the match day squad. Can you remind me what youngsters were given a chance back in 14/15
    Last edited by Nick; 01-04-17 at 21:08.

The first 2 goals we conceded were terrible in my opinion.
    With Bruno, Morrison and Sol in the side how did we lose a game of head tennis in our 6 yard box for the 1st? and the 2nd Morrison got completely out muscled on the far post again.
    We did compete, it could easily have been 3-3 Gunnarson missed a sitter from the best move of the game and Noone hit the post.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    The first 2 goals we conceded were terrible in my opinion.
    With Bruno, Morrison and Sol in the side how did we lose a game of head tennis in our 6 yard box for the 1st? and the 2nd Morrison got completely out muscled on the far post again.
    We did compete, it could easily have been 3-3 Gunnarson missed a sitter from the best move of the game and Noone hit the post.
    i did not see the game but hearing it on the radio you are so right

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    It was always going to be a difficult one to get motivated for as we are largely safe but Wolves are still scrapping for everything.

Yes we have problems, but I have full faith in Warnock to identify, acknowledge and then resolve these during the summer.

I believe that Manga was CB and Bamba played in front of them? This looked good in the home game when we first employed it, but I'd really like to see Manga and Bamba paired up as CBs. I can't see many teams getting through that pairing.

Interesting to hear that Noone had a good showing. We all know only too well how good he can be, but is frustratingly sporadic!!

Think we also need some assistance upfront for Zohore. This would hopefully stop him needing to drop deep to see the ball.

How did Gunnarsson do? Was his miss really that bad?
    manga and bamba ? .....ffs

Banned

O

I'm pretty sure Harris has come off the bench for the first team. Meite has also been in the match day squad. Can you remind me what youngsters were given a chance back in 14/15
    If you would have read my original post properly where I said that the manager then 2014/15 season was slated for not PLAYING youngsters. Our current manager played Harris for 20 minutes in a FA cup game apart from that the youngsters haven't had a look in.

If you would have read my original post properly where I said that the manager then 2014/15 season was slated for not PLAYING youngsters. Our current manager played Harris for 20 minutes in a FA cup game apart from that the youngsters haven't had a look in.
    Ralls for Whittingham, Harris for No one - I'd certainly say younger players are getting a chance. Zohore is only 23, Bennett little more. It's a much more youthful looking team than 14/15.

Banned

Ralls for Whittingham, Harris for No one - I'd certainly say younger players are getting a chance. Zohore is only 23, Bennett little more. It's a much more youthful looking team than 14/15.
    Ralls and Harris played in the 2014/15 season

https://twitter.com/sparkyharris11?r...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Think Saturdays result summed up our problem ,no hunger, youth or pace on the bench that could revitalise a side that given its all to get to mid table , and is now running empty