+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our defence continues to concede goals!

Our defence continues to concede goals!

Batths header put Wolves in front after Andreas Weimann headed Ben Marshall's free-kick across the penalty area with Cardiff punished for defensive mistakes.

The goals conceded suggest that those of us who think we have good defenders are wrong.
    I know some don't like Morrison, but it can't all be his fault!

Re: Our defence continues to concede goals!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Batths header put Wolves in front after Andreas Weimann headed Ben Marshall's free-kick across the penalty area with Cardiff punished for defensive mistakes.

The goals conceded suggest that those of us who think we have good defenders are wrong.
    yes it can

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    yes it can

But it wasn't.

Wolves got easy crosses in for the first and 2nd and won 3 headers in our box for the first one.

Third one Morrison was left isolated whilst Manga was dreaming again and Mc Gregor left his near post open.

Defensive midfielder Bamba pulled all over the shop and passed it worse than Gunnar who'd be dangerous if he could only shoot.

Morrison was poor today, but I'm struggling to think of anyone who wasn't.

Ralls, Richards and maybe Zohore the least crap of a very poor bunch

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post

I have to admit, I've never thought Bennett was a good defensive defender, even though some were raving about him on here not that long ago.

The fact is that a good centre half is commanding in the air which I have not seen many times from Morrison.

That said, a "new" CH pairing takes time to bed in and with his usual partner playing in, what sounds like centre midfield, and Manga returning after months away, one could give Morrison the benefit of the doubt today.

I wasn't at the game today but sounds like, even though we had a couple of chances, we were under the cosh.
    The way we have played under Warnock, at home anyway, we will give chances.... but also create them.
    I would take that over Slade and Trollope sides every day of the week.
    Some defensive work needs to be done by next season though for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I have to admit, I've never thought Bennett was a good defensive defender, even though some were raving about him on here not that long ago.

The fact is that a good centre half is commanding in the air which I have not seen many times from Morrison.

That said, a "new" CH pairing takes time to bed in and with his usual partner playing in, what sounds like centre midfield, and Manga returning after months away, one could give Morrison the benefit of the doubt today.

I wasn't at the game today but sounds like, even though we had a couple of chances, we were under the cosh.
    The way we have played under Warnock, at home anyway, we will give chances.... but also create them.
    I would take that over Slade and Trollope sides every day of the week.
    Some defensive work needs to be done by next season though for sure.
    The last sentence is the point.
    These guys who individually appear good enough have got to improve individually and as a unit or replaced befor then.
    Playing three centre backs may have been an experiment and might need more time, but today it didn't work.
    Surely better to play two with an extra defender in front.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    But it wasn't.

Wolves got easy crosses in for the first and 2nd and won 3 headers in our box for the first one.

Third one Morrison was left isolated whilst Manga was dreaming again and Mc Gregor left his near post open.

Defensive midfielder Bamba pulled all over the shop and passed it worse than Gunnar who'd be dangerous if he could only shoot.

Tim, Tim, Tim, take those rose tinted glasses off, the guy is shite in OUR BOX.

He gets bullied out of headers by dwarfs

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    But it wasn't.

he wouldnt jump if his boat was sinking

Morrisons stats show he wins more aerial challenges than any of our players, and nearly all the central defenders in the rest of the league, yet a couple of old duffers on here calling him rubbish!!

Thankfully, Warnock knows a little more about the game than these numpties, and Mozza will be the first name on the team sheet next season, and with the captains armband!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Tim, Tim, Tim, take those rose tinted glasses off, the guy is shite in OUR BOX.

He gets bullied out of headers by dwarfs
    Neither Baath or Kodija are dwarfs.
    Morrison wins most ball too, his stats back that up.
    Overall he's the best in the air of all of our centre halfs.
    However he does seem to find in difficult coping when the striker is jumping behind him.
    It's something he's got to sort, just like Bamba needs to judge his diving in better and Manga needs to concentrate and also not get rolled when he tries to nip in front.