+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Event Tickets

Event Tickets

Is it just me or have they suddenly just got bloody expensive recently.

I was looking for tickets for the Mrs birthday and John Legend in Cardiff is charging £80 (£81 if you take into account that stupid £1 renovation charge for that vile CIA building) Bruno Mars in Birmingham is £84.

I always said it would have to be someone really decent for me to go to pay above £50. Now it seems you can't even get much even for £50!

Re: Event Tickets

Renovation charge?

Am I reading this right? They ave a venue, charge the promoter for the use thereof, then want to charge the punters separately, to do the place up?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Renovation charge?

Am I reading this right? They ave a venue, charge the promoter for the use thereof, then want to charge the punters separately, to do the place up?
    Crazy prices l noticed Paul Simon tickets were over a hundred pound recently and as much as l admire some of his work l could never justify paying that much,I've got tickets for Dylan in early May and they were expensive but a Christmas present from my son so all good there,it is however still possible to get cheap tickets l saw Drive by truckers in Bristol Uni tickets were twenty two pounds and possibly the best show I've ever been to l guess it's supply and demand

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Renovation charge?

Booking Charges are equally ridiculous.

Concerts tickets go for outrageous prices now. Metallica tickets at the O2 started from £90 I heard?.

They say they love the fans and they cash in like that.

Paid the going rate £81.90 for the Who in Birmingham on 12th April, £92.55, well over the odds to Viagogo to see Paul Weller in Reading the following night, something I said I'd never do, tickets actually cost about £47. Also, going to see City in Sheffield the following day, and the Commitments musical in Cardiff the day after that. Busy old week.

Its most artists primary income stream these days in case you haven't noticed.

Blame the illegal downloaders and the type that think Kodi is justified.

Musical artists, actors etc have the right to get paid too

An evening with Pele in a couple of months is £80 too

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post

I Agree with this ^^^^

I can't remember the last time I bought an album or single I've been streaming and downloading all my music for years

Long may it continue

The CIA is a soulless barn. Sucks every ounce of pleasure out of what should be memorable evenings. Just buy some warm Carlsberg and sit on an upturned waste paper basket at the opposite end of your room to your telly and watch it on a VHS version/quality if possible. Always turn your speakers up so the sound is distorted for a near real life experience.

I imagine, as in football, the fans actually contribute relatively little to a big act's income whereas TV appearances and sponsorship deals make up the majority.

Don't forget that on top of these prices the fans will be locked in an arena who will be ripping you off for merchandise, food and drinks also. Or that some of these act's won't even be paying their fare share of tax on their income.

Ummmmm dont most just stream now, you do not really need to DL anything these days, streaming ( legal streams ) in the musci world is the norm

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Ummmmm dont most just stream now, you do not really need to DL anything these days, streaming ( legal streams ) in the musci world is the norm
    I'm a bit of a minimalist and don't like the clutter of CDs (probably bought a handful in the last decade) but still want to contribute to the industry I love so I'm happy to pay for Apple Music and Spotify before it for a quality ad free streaming/downloading service.

If you like the product, pay for it

I'm a bit of a minimalist and don't like the clutter of CDs (probably bought a handful in the last decade) but still want to contribute to the industry I love so I'm happy to pay for Apple Music and Spotify before it for a quality ad free streaming/downloading service.

Unfortunately, artists only get a tenth of the fees paid by those who download.

DON'T waste money on expensive iPods. Simply think of your favourite tune and hum it. If you want to "switch tracks", simply think of another song you like and hum that instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Unfortunately, artists only get a tenth of the fees paid by those who download.
    ....its always been the way that the artist is a poor relation when it comes to cutting the pie no matter what the format but denying them any payment has lead to the spike in ticket prices.
    Personally I'm far more concerned with the likes of Ticketmaster and the way they're playing the market

I heard you're a big 'Drake' fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    I heard you're a big 'Drake' fan.
    never heard of her

....its always been the way that the artist is a poor relation when it comes to cutting the pie no matter what the format but denying them any payment has lead to the spike in ticket prices.
    Personally I'm far more concerned with the likes of Ticketmaster and the way they're playing the market
    True .... but in the digital world there is not the same expense in delivering the product to the customer. No need to have boxes of LP's travelling all over the country in lorries after the vinyl has been cut in a factory.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Is it just me or have they suddenly just got bloody expensive recently.

I was looking for tickets for the Mrs birthday and John Legend in Cardiff is charging £80 (£81 if you take into account that stupid £1 renovation charge for that vile CIA building) Bruno Mars in Birmingham is £84.

I always said it would have to be someone really decent for me to go to pay above £50. Now it seems you can't even get much even for £50!
    why do you need a ticket to go to your mrs'ss birthday? she ****ing hate you or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    True .... but in the digital world there is not the same expense in delivering the product to the customer. No need to have boxes of LP's travelling all over the country in lorries after the vinyl has been cut in a factory.
    CD's / downloads are cheaper now than when they first came out 20 odd years ago and sales have dropped through the floor too so artists have been being squeezed for a long time.
    £80 odd pound for a ticket is not cheap by any means but you'll only pay that if the artist in question is a must see for you and that being the case it's about the going rate for a top end performer

Parasites like Viagogo rip off the public by making tickets available at double what the face value is. It shouldn't be allowed but thsts "the market" for you.

CD's / downloads are cheaper now than when they first came out 20 odd years ago and sales have dropped through the floor too so artists have been being squeezed for a long time.
    £80 odd pound for a ticket is not cheap by any means but you'll only pay that if the artist in question is a must see for you and that being the case it's about the going rate for a top end performer
    Good lord. I would never have worked that out myself

Bought tickets a few days ago for a show at £20 each. Then added on transaction fees.

Suddenly, two tickets which should add to £40 had now been changed to £54.

It's not right!

I now stay away from big tours it's obscene prices, you get see some great music at the Globe,The Full Moon , Clwb Ifor Bach,Gwdihw,Cardiff Uni, Tramshed. 10 Feet Tall, Chapter ,etc ,stick with the indie scene save some dosh.