+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Event Tickets

Re: Event Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I now stay away from big tours it's obscene prices, you get see some great music at the Globe,The Full Moon , Clwb Ifor Bach,Gwdihw,Cardiff Uni, Tramshed. 10 Feet Tall, Chapter ,etc ,stick with the indie scene save some dosh.
    Totally agree.

Much prefer smaller venues.

Seen some great rock/metal gigs over the last year or two at Tramshed, Cardiff Uni, Sin City in Swansea - all at realistic prices too.

As much as I like Metallica they can kiss my arse if they think I'm paying 100 notes per ticket.

The only exception I've made is paying £55 a ticket for Iron Maiden and that's because it's been a while since I've seen them.

as for those kvnts on get me in etc. - fecking parasites.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Its most artists primary income stream these days in case you haven't noticed.

Blame the illegal downloaders and the type that think Kodi is justified.

Musical artists, actors etc have the right to get paid too
    True, but do they have the right to be (multi-) millionaires at the expense of their fans' pockets?

Actually there is research to suggest that those who download music in such a manner spend more money on it than anyone else

Besides which I think it's right that the primary source of income for a musician is to actually go out and play music

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    An evening with Pele in a couple of months is £80 too
    can get an evening with my ex for 20 quid and a few jagerbombs.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I now stay away from big tours it's obscene prices, you get see some great music at the Globe,The Full Moon , Clwb Ifor Bach,Gwdihw,Cardiff Uni, Tramshed. 10 Feet Tall, Chapter ,etc ,stick with the indie scene save some dosh.

Here's a new one for you,

http://www.godisinthetvzine.co.uk/20...e-music-april/

Quote Originally Posted by Ring_Peace View Post
    The CIA is a soulless barn. Sucks every ounce of pleasure out of what should be memorable evenings. Just buy some warm Carlsberg and sit on an upturned waste paper basket at the opposite end of your room to your telly and watch it on a VHS version/quality if possible. Always turn your speakers up so the sound is distorted for a near real life experience.
    I'm with you here. The CIA/Motorpoint Arena is total dross, as a music venue. The worst part of an evening there, are the thick, scummy Showsec w@nkers who 'police' the music events at the venue. To call them rude, bad mannered, unpleasant, brain dead, irrelevant imbeciles is putting it politely. None of them have a love for music and all are irritating jobsworths.