+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: NEW MUSIC VENUE in Cardiff, for lovers of this type of thing

NEW MUSIC VENUE in Cardiff, for lovers of this type of thing

Put it in another thread, but thought some of you may be interested in this type of thing.

Only a 5 minute walk from town as well (well the station)

http://www.godisinthetvzine.co.uk/20...e-music-april/

Re: NEW MUSIC VENUE in Cardiff, for lovers of this type of thing

Great stuff. Just round the corner from the Tramshed too. Looks like they'll be putting on up and coming bands too rather than the karaoke covers band bollox you get in the likes of the terrible Brewhouse.

Great news.The developments in Womanby street are still a big worry though.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Great stuff. Just round the corner from the Tramshed too. Looks like they'll be putting on up and coming bands too rather than the karaoke covers band bollox you get in the likes of the terrible Brewhouse.
    Music for all, I like original music, a few weeks ago I was in Paris watching original music, Friday night I was in the Globe watching original music but when i go out with Doris for a regular Sat night out, we generally end up in the Brewhouse or the Live Lounge to watch some brilliant local musicians knocking out covers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Music for all, I like original music, a few weeks ago I was in Paris watching original music, Friday night I was in the Globe watching original music but when i go out with Doris for a regular Sat night out, we generally end up in the Brewhouse or the Live Lounge to watch some brilliant local musicians knocking out covers.
    I'm sure they can play, they have some perfectly capable artists in there but I'm not just not that keen on listening to Dancing in the Moonlight and Wonderwall done in a fake American accent, which is all I seem to hear when I'm in there. Feels like being at a wedding reception.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I'm sure they can play, they have some perfectly capable artists in there but I'm not just not that keen on listening to Dancing in the Moonlight and Wonderwall done in a fake American accent, which is all I seem to hear when I'm in there. Feels like being at a wedding reception.
    I would agree with your comments about the Brewhouse, the venue and acts are not great, however the Live Lounge early afternoon can see some good talent , it's way cheaper and easier to watch the bands.

Always good to see a new music venue open, especially with the recent closure of Dempseys. Pity it wasn't bigger though

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Put it in another thread, but thought some of you may be interested in this type of thing.

Only a 5 minute walk from town as well (well the station)

http://www.godisinthetvzine.co.uk/20...e-music-april/