+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Was your own cars!!

Was your own cars!!

Who are these lazy people who use these roadside manual car washes. They sit inside their cars while hoards of workers (very often foreign) work hard to get their car gleaming. Why can't they clean their own cars?? It's no wonder there is an obesity crisis in this country.
    Very lazy some people.

Re: Was your own cars!!

I did mean wash of course

Quote Originally Posted by PerryJason View Post
    I did mean wash of course
    Mare but yes i wash my own car, weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Mare but yes i wash my own car, weekly.
    And me butt, keeps us fit and healthy init bruv

Maybe they value an hour of their time at more than £5...

Sainsbury's jet wash for me, but good to see people choosing to earn a few quid and people supporting them.
    Why does it matter if they're foreign by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Sainsbury's jet wash for me, but good to see people choosing to earn a few quid and people supporting them.
    Why does it matter if they're foreign by the way?
    Some of them are English but of course that's not a problem

Not a problem but apparently deserving of a mention.

Interesting

Some of them are English but of course that's not a problem
    We spend every other Saturday watching foreign people work for thousands a week.

Not worth the hassle for a fiver.

The poles every time for me

I love an illegal Hoovering my boot

I usually take the car to the hand car wash on North Road heading out of town. The guy there always charges a couple of quid more than the sign says but he doesn't speak a lick of English so it's less hassle to just pay him than to try to argue, plus he does a pretty good job.

While he washes my car I pop across the road to the cafe and order the biggest, greasiest breakfast on offer, drink a nice cup of coffee and browse Facebook on my phone.

Once I've eaten I go outside and smoke a cigarette on my way back to the car wash, usually he's done but sometimes I have to wait around for a few minutes so I go in the garage and buy some chocolate, more smokes and some scratchcards which I take outside and scratch against the wall.

If I get a winning scratchcard I'll take it back inside to exchange for more scratchcards and repeat the process over and over until I've lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    I love an illegal Hoovering my boot

I prefer the actual car wash with the big spinny brushes.

I often imagine as I'm going through that when I get out the other end I'll have entered another dimension where the world is completely different, possibly even back in time like Nicholas Lyndhurst in that programme where he went to WWII.

When I was younger I used to think everyone did stuff like that, but apparently not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post

I often imagine as I'm going through that when I get out the other end I'll have entered another dimension where the world is completely different, possibly even back in time like Nicholas Lyndhurst in that programme where he went to WWII.

When I was younger I used to think everyone did stuff like that, but apparently not.
    I like to fool the automatic car wash by gently driving backwards and forward in time with the brushes. This makes it think you're in a stretch limo, so you get a longer super duper wash for 1.99 in Morrisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I like to fool the automatic car wash by gently driving backwards and forward in time with the brushes. This makes it think you're in a stretch limo, so you get a longer super duper wash for 1.99 in Morrisons.
    Won't work for me.

I drive a stretch limo.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post

I wrote a similar play for a drama exam at school, we went back in time through the old air raid shelter at the bottom of the garden though.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I usually take the car to the hand car wash on North Road heading out of town. The guy there always charges a couple of quid more than the sign says but he doesn't speak a lick of English so it's less hassle to just pay him than to try to argue, plus he does a pretty good job.

While he washes my car I pop across the road to the cafe and order the biggest, greasiest breakfast on offer, drink a nice cup of coffee and browse Facebook on my phone.

Once I've eaten I go outside and smoke a cigarette on my way back to the car wash, usually he's done but sometimes I have to wait around for a few minutes so I go in the garage and buy some chocolate, more smokes and some scratchcards which I take outside and scratch against the wall.

If I get a winning scratchcard I'll take it back inside to exchange for more scratchcards and repeat the process over and over until I've lost.
    Cheers Matt

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Not worth the hassle for a fiver.

The poles every time for me
    Are u a fatty?

Feedback

if you want a proper job done on your car, you need to use a mobile valet. the car wash stuff is just cookie cutter

I wash my own car about every two months

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I wash my own car about every two months
    Nice story Bro

Is it parked next to that fence, you're always sat on.

See you Saturday.

Who are these lazy people who use these roadside manual car washes. They sit inside their cars while hoards of workers (very often foreign) work hard to get their car gleaming. Why can't they clean their own cars?? It's no wonder there is an obesity crisis in this country.
    Very lazy some people.
    Shows how opulent folk are now ,don't ask the same people to pay £1 extra on their tax for the NHS though .

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I wrote a similar play for a drama exam at school, we went back in time through the old air raid shelter at the bottom of the garden though.
    Remember that kids tv series from the 70's, Timeslip?

I wash my car at least twice a year. Any less than that and the drag coefficient due to dirt build up gets significant.