+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yet another dog attack...

Re: Yet another dog attack...

I've got an American bulldog (not to be confused with and American pitbull) he's the most docile sod you'll ever meet, you can Chuck a toddler on his back and he won't even bat an eyelid. He's been brought up as part of the family, great with other dogs....If someone broke into my house, he would probably stroll up to the burglar and wait for a smooth, although the size of him woul be enough to scare most off. Like a previous poster said. It's how you treat them and look after them that makes the difference. Any dog, no matter what breed will attack if it's been mistreated

" Hard " dogs are for chav people with little cocks.

They are compensating for their personal inadequacies.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Bull mastiff I assume?

The exception to the mastiff breed which I wouldn't consider as an option.
    French Bullmastiff. Not that I spoke to him much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Irrational fear? Many fears are irrational. However your dog should be on a lead in a public place. Your dog could be lovely, but how would it react if a child smacked it or poked it on the eye?
    I totally agree, my dog (my daughter's, really) is always on a lead when out and he's only a Bichon Frise.

But the dog I had as a kid was a border collie cross, and the local kids used to dress it up, complete with sunhat and sunglasses!!, one toddler even pulled the dog's whiskers - the dog simply walked away when 'freed' by the little terror.

As said before, 90% of a dog's temperament is due to it's upbringing.

There have been six dogs living in my house over the past forty five years, four of them I've been happy to let off the lead when I take them for walks and two I would never do that with - nothing to do with their breed, it's their temperament that makes the decision for me. My current dog is a Staffy who I inherited at the age of six and she's now almost twelve, based on what I've seen during those half a dozen years, I've no problems with taking her for a walk off her lead.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There have been six dogs living in my house over the past forty five years, four of them I've been happy to let off the lead when I take them for walks and two I would never do that with - nothing to do with their breed, it's their temperament that makes the decision for me. My current dog is a Staffy who I inherited at the age of six and she's now almost twelve, based on what I've seen during those half a dozen years, I've no problems with taking her for a walk off her lead.
    There I was thinking I was the only irresponsible owner!

I used to have a German Shepard who I muzzled when out too