+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much is Zohore worth?

How much is Zohore worth?

Should the unthinkable happen and the powers that be decide to sell a prized asset. What should we get for him?

He's young, quick, strong and got a decent goal scoring record albeit only the latter part of this season. And not just tap in's - some quality finishes.

£5 million?

But if he stays and does well next year and we are higher in the league and more high profile - at least double that.

I hope he goes nowhere.

Re: How much is Zohore worth?

If the club sold Zohore then season ticket sales would collapse at once.

We would be back to being a club with no ambition.

Zohore must not go !

10 mill at least, at today's rates. McCormack was sold for 11mill was he? I'm sure rudy gestede got sold for similar by someone, so deffo 10mill. If we keep hold of him then he could be worth twice that in a few yewrs

Yeah about 5million seems fair for someone who has had half a good season by the age of 23.

I'd rather keep him, if he can improve next year for the whole season he'd be worth 3 times that

Blue in the Face

100 quid an hour

Z'whore

Two pound ten a tit, and a fiver for his arse.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Leave Tony out of this !

Blue in the Face

You don't get much change from a cock and hen these days

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    If the club sold Zohore then season ticket sales would collapse at once.

We would be back to being a club with no ambition.

Zohore must not go !
    We've always been a club with no ambition though.....

Nothing. Jursset said he was shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Silures View Post
    10 mill at least, at today's rates. McCormack was sold for 11mill was he? I'm sure rudy gestede got sold for similar by someone, so deffo 10mill. If we keep hold of him then he could be worth twice that in a few yewrs
    On our previous transfer business, about £350k (Steven MacLean excepted).

Going by Gestedes worth , I would say 10 million at least .

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Nothing. Jursset said he was shit.
    Jursett did forecast relegation for Bristol when they were in the top six . That showed real football knowledge .

If he keeps his form up for a full season he'll be worth a small fortune.

Today's rate definitely 10m+. Five years ago about 3m.

I honestly wouldn't sell him for less than 35 mil

...well thats what Newcastle got for Carroll

Sixpence or thrupence oh i how luv them words

Quality comment from "I".

Even a stopped clock tells the correct time twice a day !

I think an offer of £10 million this summer would be very tempting for the club and, given the prices that Championship strikers go for these days, I wouldn't rule out us getting such a bid.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think an offer of £10 million this summer would be very tempting for the club and, given the prices that Championship strikers go for these days, I wouldn't rule out us getting such a bid.
    I would be surprised if we got an offer as high as that.
    He's played well for what, about 4 or 5 months now?
    The players who have gone for more than 8 figures from this division have usually proven themselves over at least a season.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I have to be honest I couldn't blame the club for selling him if that offer came in - as long as a decent proportion of that was made available to Warnock.

He's said he needs £6m to make us competitive, so if I was Tan and had £10m from Zohore and said to Warnock 'there's your £6m have another £2m to replace Zohore, I'm keeping the other £2m for myself or the running of the club - would that be a wise move.

It's all speculation mind as I don't think we'll get offered £10m.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/champ...wettbewerb/GB2

Here's the list of transfers in the championship, some over 10m maybe look a worse bet than zohore, but the vast majority are significantly more proven.
    Some near the bottom of the list are a better bet as well.
    I would estimate 6 or 7 mill for zohore looking at that list, but obviously that figure can fluctuate wildly depending on how much the selling club needs to sell and how much the buying club needs to buy, whether there is a bidding war and erratic chairman (something we can call the ridsdale factor).
    Perhaps instead of a single value, a range makes more sense.
    Something like between 3 and 10 million for zohore at the current moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I have to be honest I couldn't blame the club for selling him if that offer came in - as long as a decent proportion of that was made available to Warnock.

He's said he needs £6m to make us competitive, so if I was Tan and had £10m from Zohore and said to Warnock 'there's your £6m have another £2m to replace Zohore, I'm keeping the other £2m for myself or the running of the club - would that be a wise move.

It's all speculation mind as I don't think we'll get offered £10m.
    That's exactly what I think. £10 million for Zohore would be an awful lot for someone who has, in essence, been playing really well for a bit less than half a season - that said, if he was to start next season like he is finishing this one, then such a figure would be too cheap and I'd be thinking in terms of £15 million if anyone wanted him in the January 2018 window.
    However, if someone did put that £10 million bid in for him in the summer, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the club accepted it for the reasons you set out - clubs of our size and with our financial resources have to base their team building in the transfer market on using the money they receive from an annual transfer out of their most prized asset wisely. This is what we used to do ten years ago under Ridsdale and clubs like Leeds, Fulham, Brentford, QPR, Birmingham and Bristol City have done it this season - albeit with varying degrees of success.

As others have said if he is flogged many will lose interest.

Hopefully I am wrong. They dug their feet in over Manga?.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    As others have said if he is flogged many will lose interest.

Hopefully I am wrong. They dug their feet in over Manga?.
    I hope you are right and we keep him and get Warnock's transfer kitty. He's unexpectedly turned into one other that gets you on your feet when he in full flow.

But if he goes and we quickly bring in 3, 4 or 5 decent signings in all areas then the interest will still be there.

For the record I think Noone will go and bring in some cash along with Whitts unless he takes a pay cut, Manga will go but I think he's free anyway isn't he?