+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much is Zohore worth?

Re: How much is Zohore worth?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I hope you are right and we keep him and get Warnock's transfer kitty. He's unexpectedly turned into one other that gets you on your feet when he in full flow.

But if he goes and we quickly bring in 3, 4 or 5 decent signings in all areas then the interest will still be there.

For the record I think Noone will go and bring in some cash along with Whitts unless he takes a pay cut, Manga will go but I think he's free anyway isn't he?
    Ye I thought that after I wrote it. If they get 10 million to spend on quite a few players then that may be for the best.

First time I saw him.... I thought ...this guy is the real deal......

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    As others have said if he is flogged many will lose interest.

Hopefully I am wrong. They dug their feet in over Manga?.
    Who dug their feet in over Manga?

I don't think there have been any offers (last summer or January) and he came back from the AfCON with an injury so there was no real option to sell him or agree to cancel the contract to save wages. If the club manage to agree a new contract with him on much lower wages, and not be pressured into paying over the odds, then I think it would be right to praise them. If that happens I assume it would be because Manga and his agent have concluded they are not going to get a better offer anywhere else, and because Manga 'loves playing for Warnock'.

If Zohore is sold in the summer for a very big fee (£10m or so) and that is re-invested wisely in the squad, I doubt it would create any major backlash by fans. However, I can't see that kind of offer coming in on the back of just a few months of very good Championship centre forward play and I don't think he will leave.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think an offer of £10 million this summer would be very tempting for the club and, given the prices that Championship strikers go for these days, I wouldn't rule out us getting such a bid.

You really believe he's worth £10 million? You can't be serious, played just over half a season and scored 11 goals.
    People on here are living in cloud cuckoo land.
    Last edited by Cleve van Leef; 06-04-17 at 15:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    You really believe he's worth £10 million? You can't be serious, played just over half a season and scored 11 goals.
    People on here are living in cloud cuckoo land.
    This is what I said in a subsequent post;-

"£10 million for Zohore would be an awful lot for someone who has, in essence, been playing really well for a bit less than half a season - that said, if he was to start next season like he is finishing this one, then such a figure would be too cheap and I'd be thinking in terms of £15 million if anyone wanted him in the January 2018 window."

However, when I look at how much other Championship clubs have paid for strikers who Zohore at his best compares well with (Rhodes, Kodjia, Hogan, Vydra etc.), I don't see £10 million for him this summer as "living in cloud cuckoo land". I always used to say that Gestede really caused problems for good Championship centrebacks, despite the weaknesses in his game, the same applies, but even more so, with Zohore because he has more strengths to his game than Rudi had - I think £7 to £8 million would be a realistic price for him at the moment.
    Last edited by the other bob wilson; 06-04-17 at 15:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    First time I saw him.... I thought ...this guy is the real deal......
    You little liar James. Are there any other players at the club who you don't rate?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think an offer of £10 million this summer would be very tempting for the club and, given the prices that Championship strikers go for these days, I wouldn't rule out us getting such a bid.
    £5M with add ons

Quote Originally Posted by JKB View Post
    You little liar James. Are there any other players at the club who you don't rate?
    Yeah . Now you ask, Pilkington.

When I said Zohore was dreadful , he was ****ing dreadful . Fair door the guy has turned it round and we could get 10 million for him. He is special .