+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Well Done Bridgend Street

Well Done Bridgend Street

Bridgend St from the Welsh League division 3 played Haverfordwest County last night in the Welsh League Cup semi final, Haverfordwest are in 3rd place in Welsh League division 1 after many years in the LOW. Must have been an amazing game to play in and watch. Bridgend St go one up in the first half yet have a player sent off early in the second, Haverfordwest then have a man dismissed. The third red card in a few minutes is then shown to the Street's captain, Paul Fowler, so 9 against 10. Haverfordwest score two quick goals, followed by another later on making it 3-1, their 'keeper, rather arrogantly, runs over to the Bridgend St followers with a huge shout of 'Boom Boom'. On 91 minutes somebody spots a tweet congratulating Haverfordwest on reaching the final, The Mission pull one back, one tweet t'w'early as Bridgend St equalise with the last kick of normal time.
    Into extra time and the 9 men take the lead on 99 minutes, the linesman indicates that there are 20 secs left in the half, yet the ref plays another 2 minutes and 23 seconds (very precise Splott boys y'know) and the inevitable equaliser goes in. Bridgend St's manager is sent from the dug out for his protests. 114 minutes and Haverfordwest take a 5-4 lead against the flagging 9 men yet in added time they slot home a penalty to tie things up again.
    Penalty shoot out time and Haverfordwest's arses go (like all West Walians), miss two (well saved) of their first four while Bridgend Street net all 4, game over. What a game, 0-0 at Barnsley would do well to match that.
    Second semi is tonight between Caerau (Ely) and Lee Trundle's Llanelli Town.
    Sorry it was long winded but I'm just so proud of my old club.

Re: Well Done Bridgend Street

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I watched a Bridgend street game once they were playing another cardiff team playing in dark blue and black.

To say it was a war is an under statement, and because each team supplied their own lino - it was one dodgy throw in call after the next. Highly entertaining - but how there was no broken legs I will never know.
    You've pretty much just described every welsh league game I've ever played in

That is an amazing story.
    What a fantastic comeback.
    Well done Bridgend St

Yeah, well done Bridgend St. Cracking result and what football is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Bridgend St from the Welsh League division 3 played Haverfordwest County last night in the Welsh League Cup semi final, Haverfordwest are in 3rd place in Welsh League division 1 after many years in the LOW. Must have been an amazing game to play in and watch. Bridgend St go one up in the first half yet have a player sent off early in the second, Haverfordwest then have a man dismissed. The third red card in a few minutes is then shown to the Street's captain, Paul Fowler, so 9 against 10. Haverfordwest score two quick goals, followed by another later on making it 3-1, their 'keeper, rather arrogantly, runs over to the Bridgend St followers with a huge shout of 'Boom Boom'. On 91 minutes somebody spots a tweet congratulating Haverfordwest on reaching the final, The Mission pull one back, one tweet t'w'early as Bridgend St equalise with the last kick of normal time.
    Into extra time and the 9 men take the lead on 99 minutes, the linesman indicates that there are 20 secs left in the half, yet the ref plays another 2 minutes and 23 seconds (very precise Splott boys y'know) and the inevitable equaliser goes in. Bridgend St's manager is sent from the dug out for his protests. 114 minutes and Haverfordwest take a 5-4 lead against the flagging 9 men yet in added time they slot home a penalty to tie things up again.
    Penalty shoot out time and Haverfordwest's arses go (like all West Walians), miss two (well saved) of their first four while Bridgend Street net all 4, game over. What a game, 0-0 at Barnsley would do well to match that.
    Second semi is tonight between Caerau (Ely) and Lee Trundle's Llanelli Town.
    Sorry it was long winded but I'm just so proud of my old club.
    Yeah, but how many of em are from Splott ?