+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Swansea - Do you want them to go down?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

49 84.48%
  • No

9 15.52%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swansea - Do you want them to go down?

Re: Swansea - Do you want them to go down?

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    Are you a catholic kingbilly??? Just asking like
    are you ill or something

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Willie Kivlichan.

Rangers to Celtic transfer in 1907. A notional fee as it was a swap deal - but a transfer nonetheless. Then the Rangers 'culture' kicked in and it was all union flags, red hands, GSTQ, 'no surrender' and all the rest of that mindless sectarianism that we all know and some love.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_Kivlichan

Granted they usually have to serve time somewhere else before making the move!

https://betting.betfair.com/betting/...51113-629.html
    its not sectarian it is culture.

1907 doesnt really count ether.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    Are you a catholic kingbilly??? Just asking like
    Of course he is!!he luvs boys mind so don't befriend the confused clown!!

to my Swansea City friends, my official reply is that I would enjoy a Welsh derby again

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It's a start but we need to stop the greedy cash cow clubs grabbing talent for the sake of it , there should be a postcode ruling for accademy players under 18 not being able to play for anyone but thier nearest foot league club , any player taken from accademy between the age of 18 and 21 should compensate that club by 2 million as a minimum ,that money ring fenced for development facilities only and shown on the account books , anything over 2 million us the receiving clubs profit.
    What if their local club doesn't want them?

Blue in the Face

It's a start but we need to stop the greedy cash cow clubs grabbing talent for the sake of it , there should be a postcode ruling for accademy players under 18 not being able to play for anyone but thier nearest foot league club , any player taken from accademy between the age of 18 and 21 should compensate that club by 2 million as a minimum ,that money ring fenced for development facilities only and shown on the account books , anything over 2 million us the receiving clubs profit.
    Think England need to fail in a few more major tournements before the FA see sense and revamp the system away from the Darwinian nonsense they have now. That said, the PL elites run the FA so it might not happen anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    ... And does Swansea's fate effect Cardiff in any way? i.e fanbase, youth recruitment etc...

Hell yeah!!

Yep. Wanting your local rivals to fail is all part of the fun.

Hope Jacks stay up for the sake of Welsh football, but not really bothered. The Wurzels, on the other hand, I hope the kents go out of business.

If if wasn't Swansea I would feel somewhat for a club built and run in the right way, however to maintain thier status in the cash demonising league they gambled on American money.

Sadly they showed us up in staying up in a very tough environment, we put our destiny in the hands of a very naive bunch who failed us and Wales .

Imagine two Welsh clubs punching thier weight in the top league in the world, Derby games with big viewing figures , and young top players wanting to be part of it , I can't help think it would have benefited the whole not just the few.
    I don't think it has anything to do with gambling on American money. They were always going to go down. Small club, punching above their weight, stranded 3 hours away from their nearest Premier League rival, unable to hang on to decent players, managers and working against the odds to attract new players. I'm impressed they had such a good run.