+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Meaningless advertising claims

Meaningless advertising claims

Does anyone else find these really irritating?

Claims that sound as though they're impressive but really they aren't.
    Like head and shoulders , leaves your hair "up to 100% flake free".

So what they're claiming there is it leaves your hair somewhere between 0% flake free and 100% flake free - much like every other shampoo on the market, or indeed most other liquids.

Perhaps I'm over thinking these, but does anyone else notice these bullshit claims? Are there any other good ones?

Re: Meaningless advertising claims

They use 'up to 100%' or 99.99% to cover their arses. If they say 'kills 100% of germs' then they leave themselves open to claims against them.

Me, I've never been able to roller-skate. I guess it's because I don't have periods.

Weight watchers bagels that say less fat or calories, whatever it is. All they do is make the hole bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Weight watchers bagels that say less fat or calories, whatever it is. All they do is make the hole bigger.
    Nimble bread that was aimed at slimmers and dieters just had thinner slices.

Richyrich

Head and Shoulders is the best thing on the market for a flaky scalp though by far, nothing really compares to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
    Head and Shoulders is the best thing on the market for a flaky scalp though by far, nothing really compares to it.
    Agree

'Ille caseii imunitas' was one completely made up 'friendly bacteria' that marketing people for Danone peddled at one time or another.

I was offered sex from a beautiful 21 year old woman today...
    In exchange I was supposed to advertise some kind of bathroom cleaner on social media...
    Of course I declined because of my morals and strong willpower...
    Which is just as strong as AJAX.
    The super strong bathroom cleaner, now available in Lemon scent and Vanilla..