Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
You can book holidays at work, so the point is irrelevant. In a medium sized business with all of us with families all trying to get time off in a 6 week period is too difficult to schedule.

I havent had any term time holidays for the last 3 years, i just have smaller UK based vacations. However i do believe there should be an option there to book a weeks leave from school. At 4 and 7 i'm sure i could cover their work load for a week.

Maybe cut down the 6 weeks holiday to 4 weeks and give each child 2 weeks annual leave.
The problem with that is that, whilst your child is having 2 weeks of annual leave, the other kids are learning and advancing. It is, as teachers have pointed out to me, a nightmare when you have a couple of kids a few days/weeks behind.

Yes, you can book holidays with work. I had a situation, though, where I was unable to book leave at all from July to mid September. If that happened to the one who brought the court case, would he have taken his employers to court and moaned about infringements to his human rights?