+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Selfish parent forced to take child on holidays during School Holidays

Re: Selfish parent forced to take child on holidays during School Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If you don't tell anyone you're going away and phone the school each morning for a week to say your child is ill, the school would be none the wiser.
    Just wondering, would you do the same with your boss (i.e. fake sickness for a week just to have a holiday)?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    You make it sound like kids and parents are in school/work 7 days a week and 16 hours a day.

I work 60 hour weeks (plus commutes) and I get plenty of time with my kids. Not sure why others find it so difficult.
    Perhaps because you are assuming everyone is the same as you.

You make it sound like kids and parents are in school/work 7 days a week and 16 hours a day.

I work 60 hour weeks (plus commutes) and I get plenty of time with my kids. Not sure why others find it so difficult.
    Yes. You are so much cleverer and wiser than the rest of us. Not bad seeing as you had those 2 weeks off school.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Perhaps because you are assuming everyone is the same as you.
    Give me a scenario where kids and families are unable to spend time together (apart from the obvious family separation).

Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    Yes. You are so much cleverer and wiser than the rest of us. Not bad seeing as you had those 2 weeks off school.
    I'm sure there is a point to this reply somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    When are they going to fine teachers for withdrawing their services and going on strike, allowing teachers to decide, is just a slap in the face to parents.
    They lose a day's pay.

I wonder if he had 2 weeks off every year. Think about it.

A school year is 38 weeks. Johnny takes off 2 weeks every year for a family holiday. He is in school from age 4-16. 24 weeks off for holidays (plus sickness). It's quite likely that for 1 year of those 12 years in school he has not attended a single lesson.

Blog Entries

With that extra two weeks he could have sussed the multi-quote function.

Give me a scenario where kids and families are unable to spend time together (apart from the obvious family separation).
    There are loads of scenarios, my dad used to work away all week, if my mum had to work weekends (she didn't) we would have never spent any time all together as a family, everyone is different, people work weird hours and for some families it's impossible to get time off work at the same time, you can't just assume everyone is the same.

With that extra two weeks he could have sussed the multi-quote function.

There are loads of scenarios, my dad used to work away all week, if my mum had to work weekends (she didn't) we would have never spent any time all together as a family, everyone is different, people work weird hours and for some families it's impossible to get time off work at the same time, you can't just assume everyone is the same.
    So, you could spend time with dad on weekends and mum on weeknights. They could then book some leave - assuming we're not talking the Victorian era here - for a family holiday in the summer (whether that be Barbados, Porthcawl, or your back garden)?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCPhil View Post
    So, you could spend time with dad on weekends and mum on weeknights. They could then book some leave - assuming we're not talking the Victorian era here - for a family holiday in the summer (whether that be Barbados, Porthcawl, or your back garden)?
    This is not about me, I went on plenty of holidays, we also moved house a couple of times to new areas so I had to start new schools, oh the horror of it all, I managed to survive though.

You say it like everyone can just have their holidays in the summer, if you own an ice cream shop are you going to close it for a week in the school holidays? of course not, like I said, everyone is different.

This is not about me, I went on plenty of holidays, we also moved house a couple of times to new areas so I had to start new schools, oh the horror of it all, I managed to survive though.

You say it like everyone can just have their holidays in the summer, if you own an ice cream shop are you going to close it for a week in the school holidays? of course not, like I said, everyone is different.

Correct Mrs R. My son who is in the army, CAN'T pick when he wants his holidays, so has to take the kids out in term time.

He does get permission though.

60 quid per child per parent,

so a family with the average 2 children take them out of school and get fined 240 quid

its not going to stop anyone, we take them out for 3 days in Oct, have my children suffered, of course not, infact the youngest had her annual school report come home on Wednesday, how many days did she have of school yes 3, no other days of at all

armed forces

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    60 quid per child per parent,

so a family with the average 2 children take them out of school and get fined 240 quid

its not going to stop anyone, we take them out for 3 days in Oct, have my children suffered, of course not, infact the youngest had her annual school report come home on Wednesday, how many days did she have of school yes 3, no other days of at all
    Where do you take them?