+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bristol City - do you want them to go down ?

Bristol City - do you want them to go down ?

I sure do. Being from an 'older' generation I still see Swansea as a sort of distant cousin rather than an old adversary. In all the years working/visiting the place I've never had anything other that a good welcome, and football conversations have been friendly 'banter' at worst.

Bristol on the other hand is a weird place - it was known in the past as 'the commercial travellers' graveyard' as Bristolians shunned anyone from the 'outside'. Whenever I talk to colleagues etc from around the UK about Bristol, I always comment that it's a City with a village mentality, and it's surprising how most often comment 'yes, your dead right.'

They especially have a dislike for everything 'south Wales', an irrational trait which goes back almost a century when a lot of us went over the channel in search of employment.

I generalise, of course, but in the main give the the Jack, Swansea, and our Welsh cousins any day over the Bristolians..

Re: Bristol City - do you want them to go down ?

yes. bristol ***** are hated by us rangers crew. love chelsea leicester and manu tho

Yes. The wurzels have always been "my" rivals.

Only recently have I nurtured a dislike of the jacks.

I'd like them to stay up as it's a good away game for me. And it would be a pity if the Swans were relegated as they have made every effort to play good football on a limited budget.

Uhhhm - Yes

The super duper triple header of jacks, wurzels and tinpot county going down would be tidy as fack. Chuck in leeds losing in the play offs and liverpool missing out on the top four, for a tasty bonus and that would be marvellous.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    The super duper triple header of jacks, wurzels and tinpot county going down would be tidy as fack. Chuck in leeds losing in the play offs and liverpool missing out on the top four, for a tasty bonus and that would be marvellous.
    ^^^ this plus Manure^^^

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    ^^^ this plus Manure^^^
    That's just reminded me. I need some for the garden. Does anyone know anywhere letting it go for free?

That's just reminded me. I need some for the garden. Does anyone know anywhere letting it go for free?
    I would say let them hover around relegation losing to us as usual, but I think a few years in league 1 below rovers would be good...

We would miss the 6 easy points and the opportunity to laugh loudly. And the unintentional comedy gold of Jursset.

Definitely

Lovely City
    Never had a problem with the club

In summary couldn't give a toss either way.

Swansea Town however.....

I'd prefer to see Swansea come down. I don't think they would ever get back in the premier division if they come down now.

Got friends in both Citys,fcuk them both go down

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I sure do. Being from an 'older' generation I still see Swansea as a sort of distant cousin rather than an old adversary. In all the years working/visiting the place I've never had anything other that a good welcome, and football conversations have been friendly 'banter' at worst.

Bristol on the other hand is a weird place - it was known in the past as 'the commercial travellers' graveyard' as Bristolians shunned anyone from the 'outside'. Whenever I talk to colleagues etc from around the UK about Bristol, I always comment that it's a City with a village mentality, and it's surprising how most often comment 'yes, your dead right.'

They especially have a dislike for everything 'south Wales', an irrational trait which goes back almost a century when a lot of us went over the channel in search of employment.

I generalise, of course, but in the main give the the Jack, Swansea, and our Welsh cousins any day over the Bristolians..
    I'm early 40s and I share exactly the same sentiments as you

I would laugh for a good week if they went down, but the consolation if they don't is another 6 points next season and visiting the 'Thrice Weekly laugh at the Wurzels' thread regularly.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post

Oddly might be good to Welsh footy too. They have a quite a few Welshies in their DVP squad who may be good enough for league one football next season.

I want whatever gives Jursset the most pain - the odious little cretin.

Relegation for Bristol City and a late Rovers surge followed by promotion would be ideal.

I've nothing against Bristol itself. I lived there for 6 years and for the most part the people were fine.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I want whatever gives Jursset the most pain - the odious little cretin.

Relegation for Bristol City and a late Rovers surge followed by promotion would be ideal.

I've nothing against Bristol itself. I lived there for 6 years and for the most part the people were fine.
    Bristol C to go down with games remaining would be great.

Are you me by any chance?

Like the OP, I see Bristol City, not Swansea, as our real rivals. I can't stand them, but I like local derbies and I don't see us having one if the jacks stay up and the wurzels go down. Mind you, I don't hate the wurzels as much as I used to because, after decades when a draw against them was a result to be celebrated, we have had a few years where we've become something of a bogey club for them - I wouldn't be distraught at them going down by any means, but I'd prefer us to be playing them and Swansea in next season's Championship.

Yes.

Yes and I want a live action of Jursset's face when it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Like the OP, I see Bristol City, not Swansea, as our real rivals. I can't stand them, but I like local derbies and I don't see us having one if the jacks stay up and the wurzels go down. Mind you, I don't hate the wurzels as much as I used to because, after decades when a draw against them was a result to be celebrated, we have had a few years where we've become something of a bogey club for them - I wouldn't be distraught at them going down by any means, but I'd prefer us to be playing them and Swansea in next season's Championship.
    Yeah agree with that, would prefer interesting fixtures than playing above them in a different league.

we would lose our annual 6 points of them though

tough choice, but yea, fook em, send em down