+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 135

Thread: Trump bombs Syrian air fields

  1. #1

    Trump bombs Syrian air fields

    So Assad it seems was responsible for the chemical bomb attack this week (Im not so sure he was based on what he had to gain from doing it - but anyway)

    Assad uses chemical weapons a few years back - O'Bama says it's a red line - but does nothing about it.

    Assad allegedly does it again Trump says it's a red line and launches 58 cruise missiles to attack syrian air fields etc

    Will be interesting to see people's opinions of Trump and OBama after this.

  2. #2

    Re: Trump bombs Syrian air fields

    What happened during the “gas” attack was absolutely appalling. If there is a place of hellfire, then whoever did this wicked act will surely have booked their place there. However, as cruel and uncaring as Assad obviously is, I can’t help feeling that he had nothing to gain by doing this and this may simply be a ruse by these insane jihadists to provoke an attack. But how will it ever be proved? Even if evidence is forthcoming each side will say the other side has faked it.

    Of course, humanly, we all want some sort of instant retribution for what took place especially as innocent children and babies bore the brunt of it. Trump wants to be seen as “action man” and this event has played into his hands. Who knows where this will all end now?

  3. #3

    Re: Trump bombs Syrian air fields

    Any reasoned analysis indicates we are now at war with Russia Syria and possibly Iran.
    I say we because Britain is verbally supporting the USA.

    This is a mistake by the USA and I don't think it was Trumps call either. He will have been told by the Military we are going to do this.

  4. #4

    Re: Trump bombs Syrian air fields

    Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
    The President must get Congressional approval before attacking Syria-big mistake if he does not!
    12:02 AM - 31 Aug 2013

  5. #5

    Re: Trump bombs Syrian air fields

    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Any reasoned analysis indicates we are now at war with Russia Syria and possibly Iran.
    I say we because Britain is verbally supporting the USA.

    This is a mistake by the USA and I don't think it was Trumps call either. He will have been told by the Military we are going to do this.
    I'm not so sure about that. He did say yesterday that the chemical attack had altered his thinking but again I suppose you could say that he was merely waiting for some excuse to attack Assad. What's been done though is quite contrary to what he was saying previously, which was basically he didn't want to get involved in Syria as regime change could lead to a worsening situation e.g. Iraq.

    Whatever, at least some of Assad's military planes have been destroyed, and the runways damaged, so reducing his capacity to bomb (with conventional weapons even) his own people. Looking at the pictures though, considering over 50 cruise missiles were used, the damage looks quite light? Maybe propaganda for Assad by filming only lightly damaged parts of the airfield?

  6. #6

    Re: Trump bombs Syrian air fields

    Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. He did say yesterday that the chemical attack had altered his thinking but again I suppose you could say that he was merely waiting for some excuse to attack Assad. What's been done though is quite contrary to what he was saying previously, which was basically he didn't want to get involved in Syria as regime change could lead to a worsening situation e.g. Iraq.

    Whatever, at least some of Assad's military planes have been destroyed, and the runways damaged, so reducing his capacity to bomb (with conventional weapons even) his own people. Looking at the pictures though, considering over 50 cruise missiles were used, the damage looks quite light? Maybe propaganda for Assad by filming only lightly damaged parts of the airfield?
    What the heck bugs me is that ASSAD is fighting a 6 year civil war in his country.
    As Russia says it is a soveriegn State. Why the hell are we bombing them.
    The chemical attack might just might be rebel propaganda.
    Assad had nothing to gain by a chemical attack. Clearly the rebels have gained already.
    A hundred years ago hundreds of thousands of people were regularly killed in that region and no one batted an eyelid as long as the Suez canal was kept open.

  7. #7

    Re: Trump bombs Syrian air fields

    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    What the heck bugs me is that ASSAD is fighting a 6 year civil war in his country.
    As Russia says it is a soveriegn State. Why the hell are we bombing them.
    The chemical attack might just might be rebel propaganda.
    Assad had nothing to gain by a chemical attack. Clearly the rebels have gained already.
    A hundred years ago hundreds of thousands of people were regularly killed in that region and no one batted an eyelid as long as the Suez canal was kept open.
    When you say propaganda, you mean fake?

  8. #8

    Re: Trump bombs Syrian air fields

    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    What the heck bugs me is that ASSAD is fighting a 6 year civil war in his country.
    As Russia says it is a soveriegn State. Why the hell are we bombing them.
    The chemical attack might just might be rebel propaganda.
    Assad had nothing to gain by a chemical attack. Clearly the rebels have gained already.
    A hundred years ago hundreds of thousands of people were regularly killed in that region and no one batted an eyelid as long as the Suez canal was kept open.
    The US has had troops inside Syria for some time which is not disputed by anyone. They are uninvited, or 'invaders' as Assad described them. Of course, being there is against international law, but the corporate media and allies of the US government pretend not to notice their criminal actions. Syria is a postage stamp on any atlas with few resources worth stealing or controlling, and yet it could be the catalyst for another World War.

  9. #9

    Re: Trump bombs Syrian air fields

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    The US has had troops inside Syria for some time which is not disputed by anyone. They are uninvited, or 'invaders' as Assad described them. Of course, being there is against international law, but the corporate media and allies of the US government pretend not to notice their criminal actions. Syria is a postage stamp on any atlas with few resources worth stealing or controlling, and yet it could be the catalyst for another World War.
    There are US troop in Syria fighting or rather helping 'Rebel' Syrian forces fight ISIS.

    Allegedly Assad's planes have been used wholly on attacking ISIS positions - not sure this 100% accurate

    Trump - now needs to do nothing else. No further missiles - just leave it at that - he has shown he is willing to act and as acted.

    The problem we have is that no one can 100% who dropped those chemical bombs. You can make a case for all the sides involved that it could have been them.

    There are 3 things that should or need to happen.
    Defeat ISIS in Syria and Iraq.
    Split Syria up in separate areas - 1. For the official Syria Govt and another area for those opposed to Assad.
    Give Russia what it wants a deep port on the Med

  10. #10

    Re: Trump bombs Syrian air fields

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    The US has had troops inside Syria for some time which is not disputed by anyone. They are uninvited, or 'invaders' as Assad described them. Of course, being there is against international law, but the corporate media and allies of the US government pretend not to notice their criminal actions. Syria is a postage stamp on any atlas with few resources worth stealing or controlling, and yet it could be the catalyst for another World War.
    The USA is a rogue state. Every war they start ends up as a disaster for all concerned except the money men. Syria is all about Israel. They want a big chunk of Syria for the Greater Israel project and they will stop at nothing until they get it. I had hoped that Trump might be different and that he would not be controlled by Israel but I was wrong. Trump is a chump.

  11. #11

    Re: Trump bombs Syrian air fields

    Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    So Assad it seems was responsible for the chemical bomb attack this week (Im not so sure he was based on what he had to gain from doing it - but anyway)

    Assad uses chemical weapons a few years back - O'Bama says it's a red line - but does nothing about it.

    Assad allegedly does it again Trump says it's a red line and launches 58 cruise missiles to attack syrian air fields etc

    Will be interesting to see people's opinions of Trump and OBama after this.
    He's lowered himself to Obamas level with this, poor move IMO.
    We may not know yet where we're going, but we've already left where we've been

  12. #12

    Re: Trump bombs Syrian air fields

    Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    The USA is a rogue state. Every war they start ends up as a disaster for all concerned except the money men. Syria is all about Israel. They want a big chunk of Syria for the Greater Israel project and they will stop at nothing until they get it. I had hoped that Trump might be different and that he would not be controlled by Israel but I was wrong. Trump is a chump.
    They operate outside the law with impunity because they believe they are the law due to having the most military hardware. It's nigh on impossible to find a pro Trump supporter at my usual internet haunts where once they were all fans of his. The corporate media are now cheering him to the rafters for now they know he's compromised himself beyond repair. The Democrats who allegedly wanted to impeach him are also applauding and foregoing the opportunity to get that impeachment with a real reason because he should have consulted Congress before an attack.

  13. #13

    Re: Trump bombs Syrian air fields

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    They operate outside the law with impunity because they believe they are the law due to having the most military hardware. It's nigh on impossible to find a pro Trump supporter at my usual internet haunts where once they were all fans of his. The corporate media are now cheering him to the rafters for now they know he's compromised himself beyond repair. The Democrats who allegedly wanted to impeach him are also applauding and foregoing the opportunity to get that impeachment with a real reason because he should have consulted Congress before an attack.
    It's getting serious now. This is no time to talk about your "usual internet haunts". As you well know the weirdos there are more interested in trumpeting than Trump.

    Trumpeting : "When a bald, old man perversely propositions someone younger than him, usually male, to engage in sexual musical acts."

    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=trumpeting

  14. #14

    Re: Trump bombs Syrian air fields

    The chess board changed today. They've moved into an outright admission that the U.S./Atlantasists are in direct war with Syria now. Absolutely no mention of "ISIS" or whatever they've been re-branded to now on the BBC. The BBC has ramped up into full bullshit mode too.

    I can see why folks invested hope in Trump to a degree. But has there ever been a time when the puppet has been exposed so early into their cycle? At least the cognitive dissonance on folk's naive belief in his righteousness should evaporate pretty quickly now.

    If they want to "drain the swamp" in America, the people will have to do it themselves by bringing a third central party in the next election. But then, the banksters will probably seed that movement as a means to controlling it too.

    Shit times.

    Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Will be interesting to see people's opinions of Trump and OBama after this.
    They are both deep state puppets who have been groomed thoughout their lifetimes

    They are also massive sociopathic *****
    Last edited by Blue in the Face; 07-04-17 at 17:02.

  15. #15

    Re: Trump bombs Syrian air fields

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    They operate outside the law with impunity because they believe they are the law due to having the most military hardware. It's nigh on impossible to find a pro Trump supporter at my usual internet haunts where once they were all fans of his. The corporate media are now cheering him to the rafters for now they know he's compromised himself beyond repair. The Democrats who allegedly wanted to impeach him are also applauding and foregoing the opportunity to get that impeachment with a real reason because he should have consulted Congress before an attack.
    Agreed.America's foreign policy time and time again has had disastrous consequences. With the good old British Govt acting as lap-dogs.We need to see the graphic consequences of the bombing in Syria so that people in this country start getting a sharp reality check as to the destruction and pain being heaped upon Syrian people.Whats going on is disgraceful on all sides.

  16. #16

    Re: Trump bombs Syrian air fields

    Kudos to Jeremy Corbyn for his response today and in the past.

  17. #17

    Re: Trump bombs Syrian air fields

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Kudos to Jeremy Corbyn for his response today and in the past.
    Remember back in te day when we were about to join in and Ed Milliband (I think) organised a vote against it and we never did anything about Assad.

    I wonder what would have happened if we had gone ahead - where would we be now ?

    It it have been all over by now ? , would Russia have joined in anyway ?, would ISIS be in a much stronger position with a weakened Assad or would NATO and the Russians and just about every body else gone in and routed ISIS out ?

    You cant this argument really - who do you want out first ISIS or Assad. My hunch would be ISIS and then offer Assad a nice house in Russia on his retirement from chemical warfare.

    Im still not convinced at all it was Assad that dropped that chemical bomb - but it's hard to know who else would have, other than the usual Israeli conspiracy stories.

    And now on top of all this we have a russian carrier positioning itself in the way of the US carrier insinuating it can bring down any cruise missiles that are fired....

  18. #18

    Re: Trump bombs Syrian air fields

    Whoever or how the chemical attack was deployed was inhuman , if as Russia suggests it was a chemical store hit by rebels , why didn't the Russian authorities level criticism at Assad for deploying the attack in the first instance , if these sites existed.

    It seems very strange they reported this excuse so quickly after the attack , and was used as some poor legitimate excuse for the deaths of those poor people dying in agony .

    Guilt still sits with the Assad military machine who have support from Russia, whose agenda is just an attempt to grab a middle eastern base and country,they can control .

    Love or hate Trump, he didn't fire the first shot, which on any viewing was appalling, the USA has held back from invading Syria for many years. Seems a similar situation that applied to Saddam's early Iraq, didn't he gas and poision people ,before the foggy WMD rhetoric took over .

    Welcome to the latest proxy war.

  19. #19

    Re: Trump bombs Syrian air fields

    It's interesting how 'analytical' the posts are in this thread. The general thought process seems to be why on earth would Assad do this at the time when he winning the war and gaining political consensus.

    On the flip side, on Wednesday, the BBC interviewed an American 5 star general. He was asked the same question, why would Assad be doing this now ? His reply was just a minute's rant about how evil he was and he did these things because he could. Absolutely no critique, no 'what if', nothing.

    Whilst no-one knows for sure what happened at this moment in time, it's a tad worrying when USA's top brass sound off like something from Marvel's Captain America..

  20. #20
    First Team Ainsley Harriott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    The People's Republic of Cadoxton
    Posts
    3,883

    Re: Trump bombs Syrian air fields

    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    It's interesting how 'analytical' the posts are in this thread. The general thought process seems to be why on earth would Assad do this at the time when he winning the war and gaining political consensus.

    On the flip side, on Wednesday, the BBC interviewed an American 5 star general. He was asked the same question, why would Assad be doing this now ? His reply was just a minute's rant about how evil he was and he did these things because he could. Absolutely no critique, no 'what if', nothing.

    Whilst no-one knows for sure what happened at this moment in time, it's a tad worrying when USA's top brass sound off like something from Marvel's Captain America..
    Assad's forces, as well as the US & Russia are well on their way to defeating ISIS.

    He's significantly further away from "winning the war" against the rebel factions in Syria (in the areas targeted in the chemical attack).

    The attack was a pretty good way of demoralising the 'enemy' rebels.
    I control the spice. I control the universe.

  21. #21

    Re: Trump bombs Syrian air fields

    The decision to launch this attack AND the authority to do so was made (RENEWED) weeks ago in Washington.
    The decision was this. IF chemical weapons are used we need Presidential authority to strike. We need that authority now.
    The President will have gambled assumed (whatever) that it would not happen AND if it did happen it was a reasonable IF ILLEGAL reaction to strike back.
    They gave the Russians 12 hours to evacuate the area.
    So it was planned and executed within 48 hours.

    I dread the repercussions of this. I'm not scared. I am however CERTAIN this is now so bloody knife edge stuff that it makes the Cuba missile crisis look NOTHING.
    Trump will get the blame now whatever!

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tredegar
    Posts
    3,791

    Re: Trump bombs Syrian air fields

    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    It's interesting how 'analytical' the posts are in this thread. The general thought process seems to be why on earth would Assad do this at the time when he winning the war and gaining political consensus.

    On the flip side, on Wednesday, the BBC interviewed an American 5 star general. He was asked the same question, why would Assad be doing this now ? His reply was just a minute's rant about how evil he was and he did these things because he could. Absolutely no critique, no 'what if', nothing.

    Whilst no-one knows for sure what happened at this moment in time, it's a tad worrying when USA's top brass sound off like something from Marvel's Captain America..

    Americas last 5 star General was Omar Bradley,who died in 1981.

  23. #23

    Re: Trump bombs Syrian air fields

    Has Assad actually got chemical weapons? I thought any chemical weapon capabaility was removed by the OPCW two or three years ago. As posters are saying why would he use chemical weapons now at a time when the war is swinging in his favour? Its incredibly murky and complex and a complete mess.
    Last edited by Pearcey3; 07-04-17 at 21:30.

  24. #24

    Re: Trump bombs Syrian air fields

    Who to believe?

    http://www.ronpaullibertyreport.com/...makes-no-sense

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...sense-to-assad

    And there are those who are saying that Sarin wasn't really used.

    I honestly don't know the real story behind the bombing and America's response to it, but would say that two things occur to me - first, an unexpected admiration for Jeremy Corbyn for not towing what appears to be a very powerful party line (I mean from all UK major parties and other international Governments) and that, while it's possible that history may turn out to say that Trump did the right thing, his unpredictability leaves me feeling very uneasy. As I heard someone say yesterday, this President who was elected on an anti globalism, isolationist ticket has carried out a military action that was more globalist in nature than anything seen by his country in maybe a decade - whether you believe his line about "those beautiful babies" or not, it all smacks to me of someone who acts on a whim too much, such unpredictability can be seen as a positive in some circumstances and jobs, but in the job Trump is doing now, it's got to be seen as very dangerous.

  25. #25

    Re: Trump bombs Syrian air fields

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Who to believe?

    http://www.ronpaullibertyreport.com/...makes-no-sense

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...sense-to-assad

    And there are those who are saying that Sarin wasn't really used.

    I honestly don't know the real story behind the bombing and America's response to it, but would say that two things occur to me - first, an unexpected admiration for Jeremy Corbyn for not towing what appears to be a very powerful party line (I mean from all UK major parties and other international Governments) and that, while it's possible that history may turn out to say that Trump did the right thing, his unpredictability leaves me feeling very uneasy. As I heard someone say yesterday, this President who was elected on an anti globalism, isolationist ticket has carried out a military action that was more globalist in nature than anything seen by his country in maybe a decade - whether you believe his line about "those beautiful babies" or not, it all smacks to me of someone who acts on a whim too much, such unpredictability can be seen as a positive in some circumstances and jobs, but in the job Trump is doing now, it's got to be seen as very dangerous.
    I dont think it was a whim at all, that attack would have been planned and ready'd weeks in advance of this, more like they were waiting for an excuse. the old adage my enemies enemy is my friend, but in this case - they are all 'bad people' Assad 10 times worse than Saddam , ISIS even worse than Assad. But in realty we need to get rid of ISIS first - which Iraq / Syria , Kurds, Turkey etc - seem to be doing ok at.

    The UN seem to be ineffective. As for 'who dun it' all fingers point to Assad - but that seems nonsense at the same time.

    Madness

  26. #26

    Re: Trump bombs Syrian air fields

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Who to believe?

    http://www.ronpaullibertyreport.com/...makes-no-sense

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...sense-to-assad

    And there are those who are saying that Sarin wasn't really used.

    I honestly don't know the real story behind the bombing and America's response to it, but would say that two things occur to me - first, an unexpected admiration for Jeremy Corbyn for not towing what appears to be a very powerful party line (I mean from all UK major parties and other international Governments) and that, while it's possible that history may turn out to say that Trump did the right thing, his unpredictability leaves me feeling very uneasy. As I heard someone say yesterday, this President who was elected on an anti globalism, isolationist ticket has carried out a military action that was more globalist in nature than anything seen by his country in maybe a decade - whether you believe his line about "those beautiful babies" or not, it all smacks to me of someone who acts on a whim too much, such unpredictability can be seen as a positive in some circumstances and jobs, but in the job Trump is doing now, it's got to be seen as very dangerous.
    Good on Ron Paul. Shame on the Guardian. Can't extend my admiration for Corbyn here. I had a look to see what JC said after seeing Pearcy's post. JC is playing half-hearted wimp version of flying the peace flag to keep his brand going. Anything short of crying "false flag" is at best weakness, at worse allegence with the Neo-cons/Globalist-Trotskyites.

    I finished reading "Strategic Vision" by Zbigniew Brzezinski a couple of weeks ago which as helped me understand all this and the grand global chessboard. Don't get me wrong, I loathe Brzezinski, but he and Kissinger have long been the leading think tank voices on Atlantasist globablism.

    Part of me understands the globalists. They have to put their paranoid psychos in charge of military decisions who will always cry for full spectrum dominance because they know the Ruskies, Chines, Indian, Pakistanis etc have their own psychos in charge of their military complexes.

    The least depressing version of this escalated war is that it's about putting a choke-hold on vital global trade routes and putting a choke hold on the Global central banking reach (which China has started to make moves in negating in recent months). But I just can't believe it's only about that. There are other motivations at play. None of them in the realms of what I believe to be righteous.

  27. #27

    Re: Trump bombs Syrian air fields

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Good on Ron Paul. Shame on the Guardian. Can't extend my admiration for Corbyn here. I had a look to see what JC said after seeing Pearcy's post. JC is playing half-hearted wimp version of flying the peace flag to keep his brand going. Anything short of crying "false flag" is at best weakness, at worse allegence with the Neo-cons/Globalist-Trotskyites.

    I finished reading "Strategic Vision" by Zbigniew Brzezinski a couple of weeks ago which as helped me understand all this and the grand global chessboard. Don't get me wrong, I loathe Brzezinski, but he and Kissinger have long been the leading think tank voices on Atlantasist globablism.

    Part of me understands the globalists. They have to put their paranoid psychos in charge of military decisions who will always cry for full spectrum dominance because they know the Ruskies, Chines, Indian, Pakistanis etc have their own psychos in charge of their military complexes.

    The least depressing version of this escalated war is that it's about putting a choke-hold on vital global trade routes and putting a choke hold on the Global central banking reach (which China has started to make moves in negating in recent months). But I just can't believe it's only about that. There are other motivations at play. None of them in the realms of what I believe to be righteous.
    Pipeline politics? There is a huge stash of natural gas that they need to route from Qatar to Europe via Syria.

  28. #28

    Re: Trump bombs Syrian air fields

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Pipeline politics? There is a huge stash of natural gas that they need to route from Qatar to Europe via Syria.
    Yes, they want it to weaken the Russian dominance of the European market. To that end they created ISIS.

  29. #29

    Re: Trump bombs Syrian air fields

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Yes, they want it to weaken the Russian dominance of the European market. To that end they created ISIS.
    Organ - who is the'they' that created ISIS ? .

    As for Corbyn - He is now de facto appeasing the chemical bombing of children in my book - shame on him.

    He is ok for chemical weapons to be used without any response !!!!

    Even the Lib Dem pip squeak leader said what Trump had done was correct.....

    Corbyn is just perpetual protest looking for a march

  30. #30

    Re: Trump bombs Syrian air fields

    Who's they? Saudi Arabia and Qatar. H. Clinton said as much in a leaked Wikileaks email (that was studiously ignored by corporate media) so did Joe Biden publicly. Video of him uttering those remarks will be easy to locate.

    This Daily Mail article from 2013 goes much farther. http://web.archive.org/web/201301292...ame-Assad.html

    What's nearly as good as the story is the readers' comments at its end. The ones found by clicking Best Rated

  31. #31

    Re: Trump bombs Syrian air fields

    Totally regret my post above. What the hell do I know? Makes me realise my own ignorance that I would write or say such a thing in an emotional frenzy with that much certainty. We have one surface layer of news and journalism for public consumption. Then there the endless levels of events going behind the scenes that us civilians will never know about. Perhaps it's absurd to come to conclusions about anything until way after the fact with multitudes of books written.

    TOBW's is bang on in that he's well measured in his post. Maybe Corbyn is righteous in his restraint after all but I have no idea what information he's privy to. Maybe he's weak as ninianclark says. I RE-read the Guardian article and still don't really understand the possit as to why Assad would take this strategy. But then one or the primary tactics of Sun Tzu is to confuse your enemy.

    There are multiple ideas we can take on the Trump administration strategy. The idea that dominates with me is that he weakened his negotiation position with his olive branching and now needed to demonstrate his leverage. Like a hybrid of The Art of the Deal and The Art of War. Though I'm basing this on no knowledge of anything. Whatsoever.

    The other element to all this is the psychological warfare and all this playing out on a global, public stage. We now have for the first time espionage for public consumption. It's almost become a form of toxic entertainment. And it's eating away at trust in all governments.

    But then maybe that miss-trust is well placed as all I can see are bad guys on all sides of this war.
    Last edited by Blue in the Face; 09-04-17 at 15:00.

  32. #32

    Re: Trump bombs Syrian air fields

    Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Organ - who is the'they' that created ISIS ? .

    As for Corbyn - He is now de facto appeasing the chemical bombing of children in my book - shame on him.

    He is ok for chemical weapons to be used without any response !!!!

    Even the Lib Dem pip squeak leader said what Trump had done was correct.....

    Corbyn is just perpetual protest looking for a march
    So bombing is always the answer isn't it. After all it worked so well in Iraq and Libya. The same mistakes are being made over and over again. Good for Corbyn not being weak.

  33. #33

    Re: Trump bombs Syrian air fields

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Totally regret my post above. What the hell do I know? Makes me realise my own ignorance that I would write or say such a thing in an emotional frenzy with that much certainty. We have one surface layer of news and journalism for public consumption. Then there the endless levels of events going behind the scenes that us civilians will never know about. Perhaps it's absurd to come to conclusions about anything until way after the fact with multitudes of books written.

    TOBW's is bang on in that he's well measured in his post. Maybe Corbyn is righteous in his restraint after all but I have no idea what information he's privy to. Maybe he's weak as ninianclark says. I RE-read the Guardian article and still don't really understand the possit as to why Assad would take this strategy. But then one or the primary tactics of Sun Tzu is to confuse your enemy.

    There are multiple ideas we can take on the Trump administration strategy. The idea that dominates with me is that he weakened his negotiation position with his olive branching and now needed to demonstrate his leverage. Like a hybrid of The Art of the Deal and The Art of War. Though I'm basing this on no knowledge of anything. Whatsoever.

    The other element to all this is the psychological warfare and all this playing out on a global, public stage. We now have for the first time espionage for public consumption. It's almost become a form of toxic entertainment. And it's eating away at trust in all governments.

    But then maybe that miss-trust is well placed as all I can see are bad guys on all sides of this war.

    On Radio 4 or 5 earlier today they had on a Russian (maybe ex) ambassador and they were talking about this very issue - why would Assad. The Russian's opinion was that it was the rebels who did it to their own, in the hope that the West would blame Assad and retaliate - which is exactly what happened - and exactly what the 'rebels' wanted - an attack on Assad and his capability.

    So ok - I can understand that - and I can also understand that they are as bad as the rest of in doing horrible things to each other. If Assad was on the side of the West - then we would probably take a different view - like Russia is.

    To put it bluntly - NO ONE knows who did it. And depending on your view point - one side is right - the other wrong.

    What we do know is that someone dropped chemical mobs on children, we just dont know who.

    Trump would be better off building a wall around Syria and then Iraq - and they can keep on killing each other until there are none left.

  34. #34

    Re: Trump bombs Syrian air fields

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Totally regret my post above. What the hell do I know? Makes me realise my own ignorance that I would write or say such a thing in an emotional frenzy with that much certainty. We have one surface layer of news and journalism for public consumption. Then there the endless levels of events going behind the scenes that us civilians will never know about. Perhaps it's absurd to come to conclusions about anything until way after the fact with multitudes of books written.

    TOBW's is bang on in that he's well measured in his post. Maybe Corbyn is righteous in his restraint after all but I have no idea what information he's privy to. Maybe he's weak as ninianclark says. I RE-read the Guardian article and still don't really understand the possit as to why Assad would take this strategy. But then one or the primary tactics of Sun Tzu is to confuse your enemy.

    There are multiple ideas we can take on the Trump administration strategy. The idea that dominates with me is that he weakened his negotiation position with his olive branching and now needed to demonstrate his leverage. Like a hybrid of The Art of the Deal and The Art of War. Though I'm basing this on no knowledge of anything. Whatsoever.

    The other element to all this is the psychological warfare and all this playing out on a global, public stage. We now have for the first time espionage for public consumption. It's almost become a form of toxic entertainment. And it's eating away at trust in all governments.

    But then maybe that miss-trust is well placed as all I can see are bad guys on all sides of this war.
    Thats a more measured post. Weak politicians trying to bomb Syria so that they can be seen as strong. What I would like to know is what we are trying to achieve in all of this. Is it just defeating Isis or are we now looking at forcing regime change too?I certainly hope it is not the latter. Forcing regime change only results in factions emerging and the country disintegrating. Contrary to what has been said Corbyn is being strong taking a stand against the poltical flow. He was right to do so over Iraq. He will be proven right in respect to Syria.

  35. #35

    Re: Trump bombs Syrian air fields

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Thats a more measured post. Weak politicians trying to bomb Syria so that they can be seen as strong. What I would like to know is what we are trying to achieve in all of this. Is it just defeating Isis or are we now looking at forcing regime change too?I certainly hope it is not the latter. Forcing regime change only results in factions emerging and the country disintegrating. Contrary to what has been said Corbyn is being strong taking a stand against the poltical flow. He was right to do so over Iraq. He will be proven right in respect to Syria.
    Am I missing something here, no bombings or intervention was decided upon by the last commons vote , Obama and congress ,the result being many atrocities have occured since those decesions . Mr Assad has not really succumbed to the non intervention option and appears to be a nasty piece of work , getting arrogant by the day backed by his Russian paymasters .

    Where was the criticisms and judgment surrounding the actions of Assad / Russia , or is it easy to have a go at Trump and those who have backed this intervention .

    I would hope that whatever happens in Syria and beyond comment and ctitism should be proportional not selective .

    Does the left , level criticism at Russia, or is it an anti USA thing along ..??

  36. #36

    Re: Trump bombs Syrian air fields

    Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    On Radio 4 or 5 earlier today they had on a Russian (maybe ex) ambassador and they were talking about this very issue - why would Assad. The Russian's opinion was that it was the rebels who did it to their own, in the hope that the West would blame Assad and retaliate - which is exactly what happened - and exactly what the 'rebels' wanted - an attack on Assad and his capability.

    So ok - I can understand that - and I can also understand that they are as bad as the rest of in doing horrible things to each other. If Assad was on the side of the West - then we would probably take a different view - like Russia is.

    To put it bluntly - NO ONE knows who did it. And depending on your view point - one side is right - the other wrong.

    What we do know is that someone dropped chemical mobs on children, we just dont know who.

    Trump would be better off building a wall around Syria and then Iraq - and they can keep on killing each other until there are none left.
    We don't know anything of the sort. Here's a series of photos that corporate media try to fool us with. https://twitter.com/HosamDakhakhni/s...01559716909056

  37. #37

    Re: Trump bombs Syrian air fields

    Hmm. USA entered WW I on April 6, 1917. http://www.americaslibrary.gov/jb/ja...azz_wwi_1.html

    Exactly 100 years later to the day, they attack Syria.

    Isaiah 17 Biblical prophecy: 'See, Damascus will no longer be a city but will become a heap of ruins.'


  38. #38

    Re: Trump bombs Syrian air fields

    BBC dropped a bollock interviewing an ex UK ambassador to Syria. He seems quite angry and worried about all the fakery is leading to.


  39. #39

    Re: Trump bombs Syrian air fields

    This story published at 5pm today. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7675031.html

    Russia and Iran warn US they will 'respond with force' if red lines crossed in Syria again
    Threat comes after UK Defence Secretary demands Vladimir Putin rein in President Bashar al-Assad...

  40. #40

    Re: Trump bombs Syrian air fields

    Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    To put it bluntly - NO ONE knows who did it. And depending on your view point - one side is right - the other wrong.
    Right. The other factors rarely considered or even understood are the many covert ops, black ops and counter intelligence happenings going on underneath the subterfuge. Who knows who did what? Which state/collective? Or even private bodies?

    There are also a ton of arguments out there about covert ops in the region that goes back to the end of the Ottoman Empire. There quite a few historians who make the case that the Soviets were drawn into the Afghanistan quagmire in the late 70s by covert CIA black ops. Partly with the intention of weakening the Soviet military, which it did. Rivaling European/U.S militaries have tactically drawn each other into quagmires in the region and in so doing helped form the hornets nest.

    The reason I've taken up a anti-globalist stance is I see globalism equals war. The question I'm asking myself now is? Has the industrial complex now won? Forcing the US military into decisive surge-esque operations? With the aim of breaking up Syria into micro-(puppet) states down the line.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Thats a more measured post. Weak politicians trying to bomb Syria so that they can be seen as strong. What I would like to know is what we are trying to achieve in all of this. Is it just defeating Isis or are we now looking at forcing regime change too?I certainly hope it is not the latter. Forcing regime change only results in factions emerging and the country disintegrating. Contrary to what has been said Corbyn is being strong taking a stand against the poltical flow. He was right to do so over Iraq. He will be proven right in respect to Syria.
    As much as we want to end intervention there, you can't help feeling like we've just past a tipping point now.

    I'm all for voices of peace, but there needs to be bolder, more revelatory voices out there that seek to excavate "truth". Too many of the peace crying politicians come across as rabbits in the headlights. Or simply shills. But then maybe Jack Nicholson was right in that movie when he said "you can't handle the truth!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    This story published at 5pm today. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7675031.html

    Russia and Iran warn US they will 'respond with force' if red lines crossed in Syria again
    Threat comes after UK Defence Secretary demands Vladimir Putin rein in President Bashar al-Assad...
    Here's the most bat-shit crazy aliens controlling our minds from the moon level of conspiracy theory I've got based on no evidence or any reading (other than Orwell) - Is the US - Russia dialectic fake?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •