+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: An article that sums up exactly how I feel.

An article that sums up exactly how I feel.

Re: An article that sums up exactly how I feel.

"If you’re planning to meet friends in the pub tonight, be warned: many of them will know everything"

;)

That is a deeply disturbing article.

I had only just got used to the idea that the Fabian Society was pulling all the strings.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Bob, have you read this? - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sapiens-Hum.../dp/1846558239

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    That is a deeply disturbing article.

I had only just got used to the idea that the Fabian Society was pulling all the strings.
    The CFR/globalists are derived from the Fabian's/Round table. It should take you less than a minute or two to verify that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    No, but I may well do so.

Blue in the Face

Good read. Thanks. I think she's describing being "gaslit" as most of us surely are.

My only problem with it is the championing of "unknown knowns / unknowns". From a civilian perspective the phrase is useful as to why we shouldn't deal jump to certainties (as I often do). But from a political standpoint it's a seriously dangerous philosophy.

The book she cites "adventures in the screen trade" is just wonderful. A nice, cynically hilarious departure from all this ugliness. Albeit into the ugliness of Hollywood.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    "If you’re planning to meet friends in the pub tonight, be warned: many of them will know everything"

;)
    Yes that line stuck out and made me think I know that feeling and I've been that idiot at the same time.

About to read Paul Mason's latest book which has had very mixed reviews. Here's his take on the Syria situation. Is he right to conlude what he does? Or is he that guy in the pub....

"Could Britain ever fight a just war in Syria alongside Trump?" - Paul Mason
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...st-war-kremlin

There's one or two who know everything who have contributed to the Syria thread overnight - trouble is, it's hard to work out how they can all be right.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There's one or two who know everything who have contributed to the Syria thread overnight - trouble is, it's hard to work out how they can all be right.
    I think Trump is up to something, he is suddenly pivoting. The Chinese seem as though they are willing to to play along too. I wonder who else is involved?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I think Trump is up to something, he is suddenly pivoting. The Chinese seem as though they are willing to to play along too. I wonder who else is involved?
    I wonder what caused that?

He said they hit it off during their first discussion. Mr. Trump said he told his Chinese counterpart he believed Beijing could easily take care of the North Korea threat. Mr. Xi then explained the history of China and Korea, Mr. Trump said.

“After listening for 10 minutes, I realized it’s not so easy,” Mr. Trump recounted. “I felt pretty strongly that they had a tremendous power” over North Korea,” he said. “But it’s not what you would think.”
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-s...rea-1492027556

He's doing a Kinssinger,think it's called triangular politics .