+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Macheda

Macheda

from an interview with ESPN

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/espn-fc...ited-to-novara

ESPN FC: In the summer of 2014, you were an in-form free agent.

Macheda: Cardiff City, who'd just been relegated from the Premier League, offered me a three-year contract under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. It was a big club and Ole really wanted me. I had offers from three clubs in Serie A -- Palermo and Atalanta for sure -- but I wanted to play in the English leagues where I had been doing well again.

The contract was great, but then I got injured in preseason and missed the first eight games. I scored when I came back on my debut. Then Ole got sacked and the new manager Russell Slade started to get rid of the players on big contracts, who Ole had signed. Russell wanted me to stay and I did OK under him.

Then the back injury returned; a slipped disc pushing on my nerve. The pain was terrible. After an operation I went back but had no chances. A loan to Forest followed, but I wasn't fully fit to play. I started the first three games but was exhausted after 55 minutes. Cardiff paid up my contract in August 2016.

Re: Macheda

If true it might explain a lot ,HE will forever suffer now with a back problem ,as the game is physical .

The bit he needs to fill in is from the point he made his Utd debut against Villa , and to how he dropped so low and quickly after that , and ending up signing for the agents " heaven has come early " cash throw away club Cardiff City , with its irresponsible ,naive managers, pre and post OGS

One of my least liked Cardiff City players ever.

Overweight, arrogant,and no bottle.

He did not do "ok" for us at any stage. He was rubbish.

Lumbered about the pitch.....now and again.....despicable