What language is that?

Re: That's it for me, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ring_Peace View Post
    FYP
    I'm not fat.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    I had no interest in going today.

When Warnock said he could barely be arsed to get out of out bed after I watched that shite versus Fulham in the FA Cup at 11am or whatever.
    Ah, you mean the game where Warnock gave a debut to someone young enough to still be playing for the Academy? Someone who has been on the bench for the first team more often than not lately?

I'll be disappointed if Harris isn't given a league debut in the next five games, but, if I'm being honest, I've seen very little from the other younger player who has made the squad in recent weeks, Meite, in his Development team appearances to suggest he is ready for Championship football yet.

Bluebirdman Of Alcathays is correct with his reasoning as to why it's different circumstances from two years ago under Slade, but, as mentioned above, I'll still find it disappointing if Warnock keeps on picking the sort of squads he did yesterday - there is an opportunity to at least get one or two of our youngsters who haven't made the first team squad the chance to experience what it entails.

However, speaking as a fairly endangered species on here (i.e someone who goes to home first team games and still posts on this board about City on a pretty regular basis) and a member of a truly endangered species (i.e. someone who posts on here who goes to most home games at Under 23 and Under 18 levels), I can't say that there is anyone (including Mark Harris) whose performances consistently suggest they would be able to cope with first team football at the moment - that's not meant as a criticism of many who have played for the Under 23s in the second half of the season, because they are only just coming to terms with that having spent nearly all of the time playing for the youth team until then.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCPhil View Post
    If Trollope was the reason behind Slade's success, how come the team looked relegation certs when Trollope took the step up?
    Yes , that's the chap .
    Agreed he didn't step up to the responsibility of sole manager .

Unlike Slade who has obviously gone on to an illustrious career in football , I believe Trollope is now plying his wares in a place called Brighton . I believe he is coaching there , if I get time I might google them to see which league they play in ...

To be honest- I don't care.
    I just want to see my team play well and they did today, as they have done for most of the past 4 months.

Also Slade has gone and it really doesn't matter what he did. I thought many fans were unfair to him, but Warnock is a proven winner and has improved us so much since he's been here that I'm really looking forward to next season now and also enjoying most games again and Happy that we have a manager who can motivate players

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    To be honest- I don't care.
    I just want to see my team play well and they did today, as they have done for most of the past 4 months.

Also Slade has gone and it really doesn't matter what he did. I thought many fans were unfair to him, but Warnock is a proven winner and has improved us so much since he's been here that I'm really looking forward to next season now and also enjoying most games again and Happy that we have a manager who can motivate players
    This ^^^
    Looking forward to next season and happy that we are still picking up points. We are now safe (all bar Blackburn winning last 5 games) so I believe now is the time to bring in the youngsters but we do have a moral duty to other clubs in this division, however we have earned that right to now tinker ��

Despite me risking like I'm copying off Bob, Bluebirdman of Alcathays hits the nail right on the head.

There has been sweeping changes through the academy that prove to me that Warnock is very much interested in the future of our club.

I learned only yesterday about sone more releases of players who were thought to be promising but haven't pushed on to the next level.

The difference is that we had players under Slade in their early 20s who were just stagnating and were signing new contracts.

Under Warnock, all these players have now been moved on and we have a bunch of 17 year old playing at u23 level and a bunch of 15 year olds playing at u18 level.

If you want to know more about Warnock's desire and vision for the whole club not just the first team then listen to his pre match press conference before on Friday where he answers a lot of these questions.

By the way, i watched the u18s (or should i say u16s) yesterday and it was a highly entertaining 4-4 draw against Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Fabulous news , will you be leaving this board as well ?
    Dont't be silly Jimmy, how else will she get any attention other than posing silly fishing posts on here.

TOBW report is titled "City shrug off their lethargy and are now all but safe" which suggests we weren't before. There is still time to blood youth players this season.

bought mine last week. some of the comments here are dispicable. plastics.

There's still 5 games left.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I like the way that Warnock has taken us to a higher league finish than Slade managed.
    Do you?

Do like all the promotions that Russ' teams have got? Do you like the job Slade is doing right now?

Not renewing next season, and went today hoping to see Warnock blood some youngsters.

Lambert on the bench.

Whittingham plays (no contract signed).

Manga plays (no contract signed).

Absolutely nothing riding on the game today, and most people seemed to be talking about their upcoming holidays and plans for Easter than the stuff on show.

Decided that, if we're not going to see some kids given a chance, then there is nothing of interest to drag me there for the next few games.

Let me get this right...

You are quitting because we WON and picked a team to WIN?

Are You Mental?

I think NW probably wanted to get the points on the board against a decent Brentford side. Playing youngsters is something we all want to see but webalso want to be ending the season in the top half of the table so we still need the points. It wasn't until this weekend that we were mathematically safe.

He has done OK at playing the youngsters but now we are safe I think we will see some more

Always a funny time of the season though

In the words of the Carpenters, "We've only just begun....."

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I like the way that Warnock has taken us to a higher league finish than Slade managed.
    An almost 'Jirga like' comment there.

Recent quote from Warnock.
    Seems reasonable.

"They’ll (academy) tell us, can so and so come and train with us. There’s one or two good lads who aren’t out place and are full of confidence.
    "I’ll be disappointed if I can’t give Mark Harris a game before the end of the season, it's just trying to pick the game and at the same time making decisions on other players.
    "I would've liked Rhys to have a good run too but that’s gone now. I don't envisage anyone else coming through this season but you never know next year. Young lads go away as kids and come back as men in the summer, that's my experience as a manager."

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Recent quote from Warnock.
    Seems reasonable.

"They’ll (academy) tell us, can so and so come and train with us. There’s one or two good lads who aren’t out place and are full of confidence.
    "I’ll be disappointed if I can’t give Mark Harris a game before the end of the season, it's just trying to pick the game and at the same time making decisions on other players.
    "I would've liked Rhys to have a good run too but that’s gone now. I don't envisage anyone else coming through this season but you never know next year. Young lads go away as kids and come back as men in the summer, that's my experience as a manager."
    Very reasonable.I posed the question which youngsters earlier in the thread.Only Jimmy the Jock came up with a name.Fact is that apart from Harris and Healey and I don't know about Meite no one is ready.Blooding players for the sake of it is just stupid.If they are out of their depth would do more damage than good.

Ffs warnock is using these last few games experimenting to see who is good enough who can play with whom etc etc why waste these games, at this moment he knows along with bellamy what youngsters are ready to be given the chance to step up, plenty of time to blood youngsters, he is preparing for next season, what is the matter with some fans can't you see what he is trying to do?

Not renewing next season, and went today hoping to see Warnock blood some youngsters.

Lambert on the bench.

Whittingham plays (no contract signed).

Manga plays (no contract signed).

Absolutely nothing riding on the game today, and most people seemed to be talking about their upcoming holidays and plans for Easter than the stuff on show.

Decided that, if we're not going to see some kids given a chance, then there is nothing of interest to drag me there for the next few games.
    Blimey if that is all that it takes for you to lose interest, then you should have seen some of the dross that we have had to put up with in the past!

I'm not sure that fans with your attitude are ones that we actually need.

Not renewing ST for next season because Warnock didn't play a few kids? (not even sure exactly what kids are on the verge at the moment anyway?)

I'm not entirely sure if people like Tandy quite understood my beef with the way we were being run under Slade in the first place.

As well as having players like O'Sullivan, John, Wharton etc who we could have at least got nominal fees for if they had championship football player on their cv, and playing players like Gabbidon who was about to retire, it was the fact that the club had no long term vision whatsoever. We had someone in Ken Choo with so little football experience deriving and implementing our footballing future with no help or interjection from Slade (who has a wealth of experience).

Slade was just here to keep his job week by week and the long term future of our club was inevitably eroding.

Now we have better systems in place in my opinion. We have real football people in key positions at the club.

Warnock hasn't been threatened by the presence of Craig Bellamy nurturing the youngsters and he ha also been hands on in the restructuring of the youth system.

I truly believe like Warnock that players like O'Sullivan and Wharton were just stagnating at the club and their development as footballers and people was being hindered by just leaving them in their comfort zone. It's like kids who stay on in the 6th form with now intention of doing any work but not wanting to got out into the big bad world.

The wage structure was a mess, the fees for agents have been ridiculous for far too long and player recruitment has been an embarrassment since our promotion year.

I'm far happier with the signings of Hoilett and Bamba than i have been with any other player in the last 3 seasons (apart from Zohore which looked like another disaster for a long time) and these players were signed when the window was shut!

Anybody who was truly happier when Slade was here than they are now needs to get their head read in my opinion.

Blog Entries

I'm going back next season.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I'm not entirely sure if people like Tandy quite understood my beef with the way we were being run under Slade in the first place.

As well as having players like O'Sullivan, John, Wharton etc who we could have at least got nominal fees for if they had championship football player on their cv, and playing players like Gabbidon who was about to retire, it was the fact that the club had no long term vision whatsoever. We had someone in Ken Choo with so little football experience deriving and implementing our footballing future with no help or interjection from Slade (who has a wealth of experience).

Slade was just here to keep his job week by week and the long term future of our club was inevitably eroding.

Now we have better systems in place in my opinion. We have real football people in key positions at the club.

Warnock hasn't been threatened by the presence of Craig Bellamy nurturing the youngsters and he ha also been hands on in the restructuring of the youth system.

I truly believe like Warnock that players like O'Sullivan and Wharton were just stagnating at the club and their development as footballers and people was being hindered by just leaving them in their comfort zone. It's like kids who stay on in the 6th form with now intention of doing any work but not wanting to got out into the big bad world.

The wage structure was a mess, the fees for agents have been ridiculous for far too long and player recruitment has been an embarrassment since our promotion year.

I'm far happier with the signings of Hoilett and Bamba than i have been with any other player in the last 3 seasons (apart from Zohore which looked like another disaster for a long time) and these players were signed when the window was shut!

Anybody who was truly happier when Slade was here than they are now needs to get their head read in my opinion.
    Agreed.