+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bamba to miss rest of season

Bamba to miss rest of season

Cardiff manager Neil Warnock says he expects defender Sol Bamba to miss the remainder of the season.

The 32-year-old suffered a groin injury in last week's 0-0 draw at Barnsley.

"We've assessed him now and we think he'll be out for the season," he said.

"He did train yesterday but not fully. The only chance he has in the last couple of games, if any chance.

"At first we thought that he could be out for months."

He continued: It's not severe as we first thought. He was chirpy yesterday."

Meanwhile Lee Peltier could make his first appearance in 10 weeks against Sheffield Wednesday, after an injury which Warnock says has caused him 'agony.'

The 30-year old hasn't played since the end of January after suffering an ankle injury in the 2-0 win over Preston.

"He's training really well. We're having to hold him back a bit. I'm toying with the idea of using him tomorrow on the bench.

"But we've just got to be careful. He had an operation to take away one large bit of bone and two others. He must have been in agony for weeks. But it's good that it's been cleared up."

Warnock also welcomed the news that goalline technology will be used in the Championship next season.

He was Crystal Palace manager in 2009 when Freddie Sears found the net against Bristol City, only for the ball to hit the the stanchion and bounce back into play as the referee failed to spot the goal. Palace went on to lose the game 1-0.

"It's not before time. I've had my disappointments, with Bristol City being my main one. We all celebrated but four people in black didn't see it," he said.

"It can only help referees. I thought it would have been introduced the same time as the Premier League (in 2013) with what's at stake in the Championship."

Re: Bamba to miss rest of season

It's a shame about Bamba but hopefully he will be fit & raring to go for pre-season. Fair play to Bamba he has been excellent & must be one of the best free transfers in the championship this season.

It will be good to see Peltier return to fitness although Jazz has impressed me of late. Having some decent competition for the right back position is a real positive. As for left back, Warnock's comments about Joe Bennett suggest that he is not so sure about him so Bennett certainly has something to prove between now & the end of the season.