Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
I'm not entirely sure if people like Tandy quite understood my beef with the way we were being run under Slade in the first place.

As well as having players like O'Sullivan, John, Wharton etc who we could have at least got nominal fees for if they had championship football player on their cv, and playing players like Gabbidon who was about to retire, it was the fact that the club had no long term vision whatsoever. We had someone in Ken Choo with so little football experience deriving and implementing our footballing future with no help or interjection from Slade (who has a wealth of experience).

Slade was just here to keep his job week by week and the long term future of our club was inevitably eroding.

Now we have better systems in place in my opinion. We have real football people in key positions at the club.

Warnock hasn't been threatened by the presence of Craig Bellamy nurturing the youngsters and he ha also been hands on in the restructuring of the youth system.

I truly believe like Warnock that players like O'Sullivan and Wharton were just stagnating at the club and their development as footballers and people was being hindered by just leaving them in their comfort zone. It's like kids who stay on in the 6th form with now intention of doing any work but not wanting to got out into the big bad world.

The wage structure was a mess, the fees for agents have been ridiculous for far too long and player recruitment has been an embarrassment since our promotion year.

I'm far happier with the signings of Hoilett and Bamba than i have been with any other player in the last 3 seasons (apart from Zohore which looked like another disaster for a long time) and these players were signed when the window was shut!

Anybody who was truly happier when Slade was here than they are now needs to get their head read in my opinion.
Agreed.