+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Masters

The Masters

Anyone watching?
    For some reason, it's not grabbed me much this year but the last day looks like a must see.

Almost the end of the third round and Justin Rose the only Brit in contention, although Westwood has played pretty decently.
    Garcia had a massive break on the13th his ball sticking on the bank above the creek, but does he have what it takes to win a major?
    Rickie Fowler looks like he has come of age and Jordan Speith looks ominously placed.

Loads in contention and looks like another nailbiter last day in store.

Re: The Masters

Me. Slow first couple of days but building up nicely.
    Speith/Rose/Hoffman would be my guess. I'd love Sergio, Rory or Westwood to win it, but Sergio will choke.
    If Rory's putter hots up and Westy gets off to a good start they could give the leaders something to think about.

Sarah Stirk

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Anyone watching?
    For some reason, it's not grabbed me much this year but the last day looks like a must see.

Almost the end of the third round and Justin Rose the only Brit in contention, although Westwood has played pretty decently.
    Garcia had a massive break on the13th his ball sticking on the bank above the creek, but does he have what it takes to win a major?
    Rickie Fowler looks like he has come of age and Jordan Speith looks ominously placed.

Loads in contention and looks like another nailbiter last day in store.
    I'm not a big golf fan, but love the masters. Decided against my usual bet (Speith) and went with a few quid e/w on Rickie at 18/1, gunna be a good nights viewing.

Would really love to see Garcia win in but I can't see it happening.
    Looking at the betting odds and trying to get value for money I think I will have £5 on Adam Scott at 14-1

It should be an absolute cracker this evening. The field is bunched and we'll be looking for somebody to break out of the pack. I've been extremely impressed with Charlie Hoffman holding it together and putting himself in contention. Pre-tournament I backed Justin Rose and Thomas Pieters so this gives the final round an extra bite. I'm not able to take to Jordan Spieth at all but I'm warming to Rickie Fowler. But for me the highlight of this year's Masters is seeing Boom Boom Couples still doing the business. His lazy swing is sensational and I can remember trying to emulate it as a kid.

I want Sergio to win it-but Rose has the momentum and if his putter works he will go very close.His ball striking is phenomenal.

I too would like to see Sergio do it, always good to see a new winner anyway, but his putting so often lets him down.
    So much depends on pin position and the tougher for the rest of the field, the better for him.
    The bookies give nothing away mind, he was 4/1 with Betfred!

As has been mentioned, Adam Scott looks the best value, been steady if not brilliant this year. He has the added benefit over Sergio and Hoffman of having already won it... plus he has Steve Williams on the bag.

Got a few cold ones ready, really looking forward to this now.

Wake me up when it's over.

It'd a strante sport that is round after round, you would have thought they would have mastered it by now .

Wow, that shot that went straight in the hole today- straight in without bouncing, never seen that before.

I love the Masters, but one thing that pisses me off is why the tee off times are so late in the day. The last group don't tee off until 2:45pm local time. That means its gone midnight over here before we find out who the winner is.
    That might be ok for most of you but I'm normally in bed by 11pm and I find staying up that extra hour or so a real struggle.
    Last night I fell asleep in my chair watching it and I woke up at 2am with a stiff neck

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    I love the Masters, but one thing that pisses me off is why the tee off times are so late in the day. The last group don't tee off until 2:45pm local time. That means its gone midnight over here before we find out who the winner is.
    That might be ok for most of you but I'm normally in bed by 11pm and I find staying up that extra hour or so a real struggle.
    Last night I fell asleep in my chair watching it and I woke up at 2am with a stiff neck
    I think it's more about the American viewing public than us Europeans

Just started watching for the first time this week.Rooting for Garcia.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I think it's more about the American viewing public than us Europeans
    I understand that Nick, but what don't make sense to me is the sun sets in Augusta at 7:15pm tonight, and the average round taking 4 hours, that don't leave much time for a play off if it is needed.
    Surely it would make much more sense to have the tee offs times an hour earlier.

Presumably any play off would have to take place tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I recall quite a few play offs in the Masters over the years and being up til stupid o'clock!
    Also recall next day play offs, full 18 holes, not sure why the difference though.

I don't think so mate. I know a few have gone to a play off over the years.
    I know the Masters is the only major to have sudden death in a play off, but if they go even steven for 4 or 5 holes then surely they will lose the light.

love the masters, always remember when Woosie won 1991 was it that long ago come on Sergio, Seve is upstairs cheering you on

I recall quite a few play offs in the Masters over the years and being up til stupid o'clock!
    Also recall next day play offs, full 18 holes, not sure why the difference though.
    Just seen Alien's comment about this going to a sudden death play off. As you ssy other majors have 18 hole play offs and the British Open has a four hole play off. Surprised there is not a uniform approach across all four majors.

Just seen Alien's comment about this going to a sudden death play off. As you ssy other majors have 18 hole play offs and the British Open has a four hole play off. Surprised there is not a uniform approach across all four majors.
    British Open Perarcey? British Open?
    I think you'll find it's THE Open (unless you're on the other side of the pond).
    Get it right young 'un

The way Sergio has started I don't think we need worry about the light. Can he keep it going though?

GO GO Sergi-O, GO GO Sergi-O

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    love the masters, always remember when Woosie won 1991 was it that long ago come on Sergio, Seve is upstairs cheering you on
    I remember it too. Woosie was never the same after winning the Masters though. His form dipped.
    It would be great if Garcia could do it. He is 37 now so is running out of chances. With Seve being 60 today it would be special if Sergio could do it and very emotional.

I too love the Masters. I always know Spring has arrived when its on.

British Open Perarcey? British Open?
    I think you'll find it's THE Open (unless you're on the other side of the pond).
    Get it right young 'un

The way Sergio has started I don't think we need worry about the light. Can he keep it going though?

GO GO Sergi-O, GO GO Sergi-O
    Young un indeed.

Young un indeed.
    😘

Long way to go yet.The final day of the Masters is usually dramatic. Two of my favourites were Nicklaus winning in 1986 with a fantastic final round. He was mid to late 40's at the time. the other was when the White Shark was miles ahead of Faldo but painfully lost the plot and blew it.