+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our back 4 today

Our back 4 today

I thought overall they were excellent.
    The 2 full backs seem to be improving every week.
    Morrison was superb - winning loads of headers and putting him body on the line time and again. Only minor thing is I'd like to see him get tighter to his man. He seems afraid of getting turned.
    Manga mostly looked cool and composed, although once or twice got caught napping- the one time being the wrong side of his man, which is one of his biggest flaws. It could easily have cost us.

Overall against a very good attacking side it was an excellent defensive performance

Re: Our back 4 today

The two full backs have looked like different players recently. Jazz has looked solid as a rock in the last few games whilst also having composure on the ball (with his right foot)
    Bennett is the other way around. He offers a lot going forward but has become much better defensively.

I agree Tim. The player that has surprised me the most is Jazz Richards as I didn't think that much of his defending earlier in the season but he now looks far more solid. It will be interesting to see who Warnock picks when Peltier is fit but in my mind Jazz is the better of the two as he offers far more going forward.

Manga did have a couple of lapses but is a quality player at this level & I would love him to stay if we can agree a sensible contract with him.

It does feel like defence is the last department we need to look at strengthening in the summer. Of those presently at the club, Declan John would seem the most likely candidate to find himself on the move. Personally I've seen nothing to suggest that he can push on at the City as either an attacking left back or more advanced. In Peltier, Bennett and Jazz we have 3 quality Championship full backs and with Connolly seemingly able to play anywhere across the back 4 I feel we are well stocked in defence. I have wondered whether Connolly may be a player who seeks a move away if he cannot be guaranteed a starting position by Warnock. What happens with Bruno Manga will have a direct impact on Connolly's future with the City I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I thought overall they were excellent.
    The 2 full backs seem to be improving every week.
    Morrison was superb - winning loads of headers and putting him body on the line time and again. Only minor thing is I'd like to see him get tighter to his man. He seems afraid of getting turned.
    Manga mostly looked cool and composed, although once or twice got caught napping- the one time being the wrong side of his man, which is one of his biggest flaws. It could easily have cost us.

Overall against a very good attacking side it was an excellent defensive performance
    And yet our clean sheet record is dreadful - don't think there was much wrong with the defending for their goal mind, it was more down to good play by Brentford than poor play by us.

You're right about Manga almost costing us in the second half, but, overall, he did well I thought. If he stays and you add Bamba, Peltier and Connolly to the others who played at the back yesterday, I'd be happy to go into next season with those seven to choose from - get the right keeper in and I can see our goals against record being a lot better next season..

Not phased about our defence-midfield should be top priority and another front man to play around Zohore,