Another reason why I was pleased about us winning yesterday was that it meant that what I was going to say in my blog piece about the ref and lino on the Ninian Stand side of the ground (I was too far away from the one on the Grandstand side to be able to judge how good or bad he was) would not come across as sore grapes.

As it turned out, I rabbited on too much about other things (as usual!) and I decided not to mention them. However, that doesn't mean that my attitude towards them had mellowed overnight - I still think they were both awful, particularly the ref who consistently applied different criteria when adjudging potential fouls by either side.

I get annoyed if a City player gets booked for the sort of thing which earned Hoilett his yellow card normally because it's so pointless, but I could completely understand the player's frustration in this case because referee Darren Bond was so inconsistent in his decision making - he's refereed us three times before (in our home games against Fulham and Brighton last season and Sheffield Wednesday this season) and I can't say he made much impression on me one way or another, so maybe yesterday was just a bad day for him, but I thought he was dreadful.