+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Yesterday's Game Gives Hope

Yesterday's Game Gives Hope

Watching yesterday's first half had me pondering how far behind we were with tactics, movement and ability to win the critical second ball battle .

Second half was a different matter and to win a game like that confirmed my possitve thoughts for next year .

We don't need wholesale changes as we have the nucleus of a decent squad .

Sorry didn't think Whittingham was MOM, part of me thinks it was a swansong decision to award it.

Need something different in midfield pacy box to box lad .

Something wide as I think Harris will go , he's good but perhaps not the wage that's been asked for .

Manga ditto in relation to wages , however he does have great skill when he plays, let's be honest how many games will we get ,if he stays, we need week in and out players in this league as we don't have a like for like positional squad .

Richards / Bennett were good yesterday, the keeper is class , love to sign him .

Re: Yesterday's Game Gives Hope

Midfield has to be the priority.The ginger lad for them covered more ground than our midfield on his own and was no mean player either.We lack energy and pace in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN View Post
    Midfield has to be the priority.The ginger lad for them covered more ground than our midfield on his own and was no mean player either.We lack energy and pace in midfield.
    Woods stands out because of his hair colour, but he's another of those lower division players (ex Shrewsbury) that my friends and I have talked about in recent years (e.g. Mawson, Washington, Winnall and Hourihane) as players who could have been bought for a few hundred grand a year or two ago and done a better job for us than many who cost four and five times as much did - others who got a mention were Bentley, Sawyers and Dean who were in the Brentford team yesterday and all signed for them on free transfers or Bosmans.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Woods stands out because of his hair colour, but he's another of those lower division players (ex Shrewsbury) that my friends and I have talked about in recent years (e.g. Mawson, Washington, Winnall and Hourihane) as players who could have been bought for a few hundred grand a year or two ago and done a better job for us than many who cost four and five times as much did - others who got a mention were Bentley, Sawyers and Dean who were in the Brentford team yesterday and all signed for them on free transfers or Bosmans.
    Ian Gibson's Pencil was banging on about Woods for years when he was at Shrewsbury and CCFC Casual spoke about Sawyers years ago when he was playing for Walsall.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I have often wondered if a noticeable characteristic (hair colour/style, stature etc) is an advantage for players who want to be noticed by bigger clubs. Having black hair and a surname beginning with B at City was so common in the days of Boland, Brayson, Brazier et al.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I have often wondered if a noticeable characteristic (hair colour/style, stature etc) is an advantage for players who want to be noticed by bigger clubs. Having black hair and a surname beginning with B at City was so common in the days of Boland, Brayson, Brazier et al.
    Ya, who is that blond headed tw^t at Derby

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Robbie Savage, he's retired now.

Gosh this thread started with a football topic , and ended up in a bloody hair saloon .

Will Hughes?

Stephen Quinn only died his hair that colour to ensure TBG wouldn't mis his dirty, cheating, irritating behaviour on a football pitch.

It worked too!

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Gosh this thread started with a football topic , and ended up in a bloody hair saloon .
    Of course it did. Get your priorities right!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Will Hughes?

Stephen Quinn only DIED his hair that colour to ensure TBG wouldn't mis his dirty, cheating, irritating behaviour on a football pitch.

It worked too!

That's up there with escape goat

That's up there with escape goat
    You mean it's alive?

(OK - fair cop. I've done an Eric when I should have done a Lloyd or Nathan. )