+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Premier league relegation predictions.

Premier league relegation predictions.

Assuming most people are writing off Sunderland and Middlesbrough, what about the final relegation place?

I've had it down to a straight fight between hull and the gyppos but now I'm not so sure.

Looking at both teams fixtures I can see plenty of chances to pick up points for both teams.

Hull have got Stoke, Watford, Southampton, Sunderland, palace and Spurs.

Jacks have got Watford, Stoke, Man U, Everton, Sunderland and West Brom.

If both teams pick up a decent tally from those games then there's a real possibility of someone else getting sucked into the last place.

I still think Hulls away form will cost them but as a neutral it'd be nice to see an epic final day with four or five teams fighting for their lives (preferably with Swansea going down thanks to a last minute penalty)

Re: Premier league relegation predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Assuming most people are writing off Sunderland and Middlesbrough, what about the final relegation place?

I've had it down to a straight fight between hull and the gyppos but now I'm not so sure.

Looking at both teams fixtures I can see plenty of chances to pick up points for both teams.

Hull have got Stoke, Watford, Southampton, Sunderland, palace and Spurs.

Jacks have got Watford, Stoke, Man U, Everton, Sunderland and West Brom.

If both teams pick up a decent tally from those games then there's a real possibility of someone else getting sucked into the last place.

I still think Hulls away form will cost them but as a neutral it'd be nice to see an epic final day with four or five teams fighting for their lives (preferably with Swansea going down thanks to a last minute penalty)
    Hull. They'll save Swansea from the drop.

We all want it to be Swansea

I think it will be Palace

I am saying this as I am crap at making predictions so if I tip Swansea its a good bet they'll stay up.

I just want to see the sequel of From a Jack to a King if they go down starring Al Pacino as Brad Bobley, Gonzo the Magnificent as Huw Jenkins, Jackie Chan as Vincent Tan, Charlie Sheen as Martin Morgan, Joan Collins as Morgans wife, Catherine Zeta Jones as Nathan Dyers wife and special guest star Daniel Day Lewis as the leader of the Swansea Trust crying into the camera 'We'll never sell out - we're better than them down the road - we're better than them - its the Swansea Way (Whatever the feck that is) - our directors are only interested in the community not lacing their own pockets' - Oscar winning stuff I reckon

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Hull. They'll save Swansea from the drop.
    Thr next two games are going to be crucial for both.

Stoke and Watford are games that they both need to get 3 or 4 points from. More so for Swansea as they've then got Everton and Man U.

Whatever happens it's a no lose situation for me. If the gyppos go down then great. If not then they'll have another long miserable season next year before they inevitably come back down.

Palace will win tonight I think.

Selhurst will be rocking.

I imagine Ramsey will be thrown in at the deep end as a convenient scapegoat. That is why he regularly rushed back from injury I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Palace will win tonight I think.

Selhurst will be rocking.

I imagine Ramsey will be thrown in at the deep end as a convenient scapegoat. That is why he regularly rushed back from injury I believe.
    Always hard to know what you get with Palace.

They've been utter shite at times this season then they go and beat Chelsea away.

They've got a horrendous run in but old buffalo head knows how to keep teams up so they'll probably be ok.

I want Swansea to stay up as I don't want their fans coming to our ground nor for that matter the few of our supporters who are living in the past visiting theirs and staining our now decent reputation.

I did this: http://www.worldfootball.net/table_c...remier-league/ and I've got Swansea going down by 2 points

I think a lot depends on how quick they can get Llorente fully fit because he's so important to them.

I'm going to predict that Swansea don't win any of their next 4 games. I think they'll struggle against Stoke, even if Stoke are in a dip in form, while Watford are ok at home. Man Utd are hoping to get the last Champions' League place while Everton are the form team of 2017. If they get 2 points from Stoke and Watford they'll have done well. If they win both they'll probably stay up.

Hull's home form has been excellent lately and that should continue against Watford and Sunderland.

Palace have 4 home games in the next 5. Their improvement in form should see them get something against Leicester, maybe something against Arsenal and a win over Burnley.

Form has to be considered, too. Swansea have scored 2 in their last 5 and won 1 point. Palace, despite slipping up at Southampton, have some momentum. Hull should win at least 2 of their home games which may be enough should Swansea not win in their next 4.

I can see a situation where the Jacks get cut adrift if they don't win either of their next 2 games. With Man Utd and Everton to follow, that might be the end of them. They could well win their last two games, but by then it might not matter.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    I think a lot depends on how quick they can get Llorente fully fit because he's so important to them.
    It is, though teams will start to expect Swansea to get the ball out wide to bombard the box with crosses.

I think Swansea will drop, given that you'd expect Hull to beat Sunderland at home on the last day, and meaning Swansea have at least a five point gap to overhaul. The next above Hull, Palace, are effectively four points in front of Swansea with two games in hand right now. I fancy Stoke to plummet, as they're in awful form and playing exclusively teams around them for the run-in (Hull home, Swansea away, West Ham home, Bournemouth away)

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I did this: http://www.worldfootball.net/table_c...remier-league/ and I've got Swansea going down by 2 points
    Palace down by 3 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Palace down by 3 points.
    They do have a horrible run in so that wouldn't surprise me

A lot of it hinges on how Palace get on against Arsenal tonight

Going on Palace in the first half tonight there's no way they will go down.

Palace down by 3 points.
    oh dear

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    oh dear

It looks like the Swans to me but hope Hull go down

Palace down by 3 points.

It's now a two horse race.

Next four games:
    Hull City
    Stoke (a)
    Watford (h)
    Southampton (a)
    Sunderland (h)

Swansea Town
    Watford (a)
    Stoke (h)
    Man United (a)
    Everton (h)

I'd much rather be in Hull's shoes. If Hull manage better than Swansea over this period, then the Jacks will need to overhaul probably a 4+ point deficit (including goal difference).

Palace win tonight will give them massive boost. Arsene is surely done for now mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Palace win tonight will give them massive boost. Arsene is surely done for now mind!
    He'll blame Ramsey all their fans do even when he's injured

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    oh dear
    Yikes. Palace for Europe!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It's now a two horse race.

Next four games:
    Hull City
    Stoke (a)
    Watford (h)
    Southampton (a)
    Sunderland (h)

Swansea Town
    Watford (a)
    Stoke (h)
    Man United (a)
    Everton (h)

I'd much rather be in Hull's shoes. If Hull manage better than Swansea over this period, then the Jacks will need to overhaul probably a 4+ point deficit (including goal difference).
    Both Hull City and Swansea City have winnable home games. Hull have the momentum. Swansea down by 3 points.

Both Hull City and Swansea City have winnable home games. Hull have the momentum. Swansea down by 3 points.
    Argh. They'll be in Europe now