+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Passenger dragged off overbooked plane

Passenger dragged off overbooked plane

United Airlines had an overbooked plane. They asked for volunteers to take a later flight and resorted to dragging a resisting passenger down the aisle. This is the best summing up of all the different clips I've found:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/aliciamelvi...er-the-airline

It seems as if there should be something more to the story than this but I'm not sure there is. United have already put out a press release pretty much confirming why it happened (someone didn't want to be a volunteer so they were forcibly removed from their seat).

Hope this guy sues and wins bigly.

Re: Passenger dragged off overbooked plane

Perish the thought that stewards will be dragging Cardiff fans out of their pre-booked seats when the Toon Army come to City...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    United Airlines had an overbooked plane. They asked for volunteers to take a later flight and resorted to dragging a resisting passenger down the aisle. This is the best summing up of all the different clips I've found:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/aliciamelvi...er-the-airline

It seems as if there should be something more to the story than this but I'm not sure there is. United have already put out a press release pretty much confirming why it happened (someone didn't want to be a volunteer so they were forcibly removed from their seat).

Hope this guy sues and wins bigly.
    This ^^

I could not play the vids on there so I found it on youtube, that's just crazy.

Airlines should not be allowed to overbook and I hope that guy successfully sues them for millions.

Thanks Mrs r.

I don't think they realise how dumb their press release is. We asked for volunteers but someone refused to leave voluntarily. Well he wasn't a volunteer then, was he?

What's most sickening is that this could have happened to anyone on that plane. Though I guess the whites were probably fairly safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Perish the thought that stewards will be dragging Cardiff fans out of their pre-booked seats when the Toon Army come to City...
    Is it too late to start building an Ark?

International

[QUOTE=lardy;4732706]Thanks Mrs r.

I don't think they realise how dumb their press release is. We asked for volunteers but someone refused to leave voluntarily. Well he wasn't a volunteer then, was he?

What's most sickening is that this could have happened to anyone on that plane. Though I guess the whites were probably fairly safe.

I assumed this was a fishing trip but knowing some of your revious I tend to doubt it?

What exactly were you trying to intimate?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Thanks Mrs r.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Is it too late to start building an Ark?
    He said Toon Army.

the whole overbooking flights is just a stupid idea, but i guess it works, as why have they been doing it for so long

s.prised no-one took the offer though, as they are normally great, i know someone who was asked to be bumped by AA, they took it, as it was the cost of the flight refunded AND the put on the next flight ( next day ) AND another flight anywhere in the world ( to be used within 12 months )

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    the whole overbooking flights is just a stupid idea, but i guess it works, as why have they been doing it for so long

s.prised no-one took the offer though, as they are normally great, i know someone who was asked to be bumped by AA, they took it, as it was the cost of the flight refunded AND the put on the next flight ( next day ) AND another flight anywhere in the world ( to be used within 12 months )
    I think 2 people accepted the offer of $800 to get off but they still needed 2 more.

I don't understand though how this wasn't spotted at check-in? Don't they count in America?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I think 2 people accepted the offer of $800 to get off but they still needed 2 more.

I don't understand though how this wasn't spotted at check-in? Don't they count in America?
    $800 or a $30 million after getting beaten to a pulp. This dude was playing the long game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post

There is probably a 'Trump won somehow' gag going spare there.

That was a bit like when I was dragged out of The Plaza after watching Emmanuelle. I wanted to stay for the next viewing but they said I'd have to pay again. I was happy to do that but then they said my overexcitement was annoying the other punters. As they dragged me out I kept twisting and turning to get a last look at the lovely Sylvia Kristel.

Apparently the $800 these people were offered (well below the $1300 entitled to them by US law if they are "involuntarily" removed from their intended flight) is given to them in American Airlines vouchers...with multiple hoops to jump through (sometimes there are times of the year these vouchers aren't valid, sometimes the balance can't be redeemed in one go - a commentor on Reddit was apparently given $250 of vouchers that were 5 x $50 which were only applicable on a '1 per flight' basis).

Basically they are entitled to $1300 in cash, and so $800 in **** vouchers is a shitty deal.

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    That was a bit like when I was dragged out of The Plaza after watching Emmanuelle. I wanted to stay for the next viewing but they said I'd have to pay again. I was happy to do that but then they said my overexcitement was annoying the other punters. As they dragged me out I kept twisting and turning to get a last look at the lovely Sylvia Kristel.
    She didn't have any tits though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    $800 in **** vouchers is a shitty deal.
    Can you use the vouchers for stone Island and bOoks?

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    Apparently the $800 these people were offered (well below the $1300 entitled to them by US law if they are "involuntarily" removed from their intended flight) is given to them in American Airlines vouchers...with multiple hoops to jump through (sometimes there are times of the year these vouchers aren't valid, sometimes the balance can't be redeemed in one go - a commentor on Reddit was apparently given $250 of vouchers that were 5 x $50 which were only applicable on a '1 per flight' basis).

Basically they are entitled to $1300 in cash, and so $800 in **** vouchers is a shitty deal.
    THE MAIN THING IS THAT WILL BELLAMY AND WARNOCK NEXT SEASON BE.......

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    oNLy 12 LeFT....apparently

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    AA vouchers

I'll have you know $800 in **** vouchers gets you 17 anti-Tan posts stickied, an in-the-know post about an incoming transfer, and a week's timeshare in *****' shed. A fantastic deal.

Police statement.

He fell.....

C9EpST_XYAAbCk-.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Police statement.

He fell.....

C9EpST_XYAAbCk-.jpg
    you would all be moaning if the air Marshall had just shot him

I can see it now " Another Black shot by US police "

they just cannot win

they just cannot win
    Mentalist.

they just cannot win
    Are you colour blind?

they just cannot win
    You've seen the video's yeah?
    What did he do to be forcibly ejected in such a manner in the first place?
    He didn't want to get off the plane and he sure as hell didn't fall, he was dragged out of his fekin seat, much to his dismay and others around him.