+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Passenger dragged off overbooked plane

Re: Passenger dragged off overbooked plane

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Mentalist.
    Please tell me I'm not being whooshed by mat here, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Mentalist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Are you colour blind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    You've seen the video's yeah?
    What did he do to be forcibly ejected in such a manner in the first place?
    He didn't want to get off the plane and he sure as hell didn't fall, he was dragged out of his fekin seat, much to his dismay and others around him.
    3 in one go cracking stuff

I only needed Lardy to be on tonight and he would have bitten aswell

Please tell me I'm not being whooshed by mat here, please.
    it wasnt a serious post, afterall, he wasnt black and i thought i would bring in a shooting just to attract more

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    it wasnt a serious post, afterall, he wasnt black and i thought i would bring in a shooting just to attract more
    The fact that I have to question myself and you when replying to a post is an ongoing concern though..

on a serious note though, read online earlier that he was a doctor and has patients to see, so he was allowed back on the plane

all stemmed from UA having Cabin crew that needed to be elsewhere in the morning and they needed the space, they only needed to be a 5 hour drive away, but the CC preferred to fly rather than take a cab

The fact that I have to question myself and you when replying to a post is an ongoing concern though..
    no concern for me, you really shouldnt take stuff posted on MB's too seriously

no concern for me, you really shouldnt take stuff posted on MB's too seriously
    Generally I don't, but between reading about this and a murder/suicide in a feking primary school today I'm ready for the apocalypse.
    Full Mad Max, leather trousers,shotgun,dodge charger and a dog.
    That'll do me.

on a serious note though, read online earlier that he was a doctor and has patients to see, so he was allowed back on the plane

all stemmed from UA having Cabin crew that needed to be elsewhere in the morning and they needed the space, they only needed to be a 5 hour drive away, but the CC preferred to fly rather than take a cab
    According to the Internet (which I'm led to believe is infallible), even Ryanair has private jets available in case of crew emergencies such as these...

Generally I don't, but between reading about this and a murder/suicide in a feking primary school today I'm ready for the apocalypse.
    Full Mad Max, leather trousers,shotgun,dodge charger and a dog.
    That'll do me.
    schools are always going to be a soft touch San Bernardino hasnt had the best of luck recently either

schools are always going to be a soft touch San Bernardino hasnt had the best of luck recently either
    Yep,just reading that an 8yo who was shot has died.

If Arsenal were owned by United Airlines then they might have hit on a way to finally get rid of Wenger.

I'm confused, he already had a seat didn't he? This is not how musical chairs works

Not Easyjet then.

Turns out the passenger was at fault all along, if the pilot asks you to leave the aircraft you have no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Philbccfc View Post
    Turns out the passenger was at fault all along, if the pilot asks you to leave the aircraft you have no choice.
    On what grounds did he (specifically) have to leave?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    On what grounds did he (specifically) have to leave?
    Was listening to travel experts talking about this on the radio and apparently it is the right of the airline to ask anyone to alight the plane and NO REASON has to be given.

Weird, I know , but that's what they said.

Here it is:--

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/...GrY?li=BBoPWjQ
    Last edited by BLUETIT; 11-04-17 at 17:25.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Was listening to travel experts talking about this on the radio and apparently it is the right of the airline to ask anyone to alight the plane and NO REASON has to be given.

Weird, I know , but that's what they said.

Here it is:--

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/...GrY?li=BBoPWjQ
    its a fail-safe built into the T&C's

you could have a passenger being abusive ( yet abusive is a personal thing, to some it might be rude, to others its abusive ) or a passenger who is " drunk ", where is the line in being drunk ? ? ? it differs in people opinions

yet that doesnt excuse the " overbooking "

I would be furious too if I was given no choice but to leave a 'plane - on the tarmac ! - for the reason of 'no reason except we can' .

For goodness sake, the lack of space was a result of their own poor management.

However we have not seen all of the story - there may be more to it - there may not be.

If they were going around asking for volunteers and this guy started to air his views and opinions very strongly, then I can see how that would be hugely unhelpful and how it could quickly escalate.

I wonder what the Staff would/could do if everyone simply kept an entirely calm stance and issued a polite but firm 'no thanks'.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    I would be furious too if I was given no choice but to leave a 'plane - on the tarmac ! - for the reason of 'no reason except we can' .

For goodness sake, the lack of space was a result of their own poor management.

However we have not seen all of the story - there may be more to it - there may not be.

If they were going around asking for volunteers and this guy started to air his views and opinions very strongly, then I can see how that would be hugely unhelpful and how it could quickly escalate.

I wonder what the Staff would/could do if everyone simply kept an entirely calm stance and issued a polite but firm 'no thanks'.
    They did the offer bit already, this was after they picked people at random to get off. That is their procedure, overbook the flight and then force people who have paid for a ticket to get off so they can ferry their staff instead. Once they don't get off it is time to call the police and have them beat the shit out of the guy.

I know someone whose daughter is a flight dispatcher, apparently 'random' actually means 'person who has paid least for their ticket'.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post

Bingo, thats what reports are now saying, the guy was very vocal even before he was asked to leave

Bingo, thats what reports are now saying, the guy was very vocal even before he was asked to leave
    He wasn't boasting to everyone about how much he had paid for his holiday was he?

I would be too, what kind of stupid do you need to be to seat an entire plane and then tell people that some of them can't fly and will have to get off?

I believe I am right in saying that overbooking flights is common practice airlines bank on passengers being unable to travel for one reason or another. If this is your system then when it backfires your reaction should be more professional than dragging someone off the plane, but if that is the way you go then you deserve a weight of negative publicity and a big compensation claim to be paid out.

I wonder why it wasn't one of the hundreds of white people on that plane? And why the only Asian guy you can see sitting in that section?

Or is that an amazing coincidence?