Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
George Ostricher owns Cranes, he does the range of TangleWood guitars which he imports from a factory in South Korea. Mike the manager of Cranes left him last year to go and work at PMT and ever since then Crances realised they couldnt or didnt want to compete.

George is not a daft man though, he owns the Cranes building as well as countless other large buildings in Cardiff - so he wont be destitute any time soon. Last time I spoke to him he was thinking of opening a smaller shop and doing high end products only somewhere else in Cardiff.

A lovely fella and there is an old saying - if George has sold something to you - you have paid too much, if you have sold something to George - he hasn't paid enough for it.

A crafty old devil, that loves his music, he came to Cardiff in the 1940's with his parents from Hungary - and is a self made man.

He once sold me a guitar and a bike in my lunch hour - when all I wanted was a set of drum sticks .........
Blimey, there's a blast from the past. I recall meeting him when he was running a wimpy bar on Westgate St, must be 35 years ago. I remember him as a really nice guy. Clearly a business man, but when he picked your pocket you couldn't help smiling.