+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Championship away support

Championship away support

I am not that surprised that Cardiff comes in 3rd from bottom of the Average Away Support 2016-17 League Table - after the years of disconnect and disillusion following the re-brand it may take a while to get the numbers back up home and away.

However I am absolutely shocked to see that the top position is not Leeds!

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...erage-12880863

That chris clown has been telling porkies!

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Re: Championship away support

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I am not that surprised that Cardiff comes in 3rd from bottom of the Average Away Support 2016-17 League Table - after the years of disconnect and disillusion following the re-brand it may take a while to get the numbers back up home and away.

Newcastle will probably be top after they visit the CCS

Blog Entries

That suggests that you actually listen to him Jon.

They will be suicidal on that other web site!!!!!

I know that Tim Peake the British astronaut said the only man made objects visible from space were the Great Wall of China and the convoy of Leeds away coaches.

I would guess we have further to travel than most clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    It'S a lOnG waY fRom MAjoRcA

Newcastle and Villa have only just come down from Premiership, so in the main expectation and fan excitement were high. Leeds Huddersfield and Sheff weds have been challenging nea r the top all season, so they will of course be taking numbers away. The other high-ish flyers are midlands clubs that either do not have far to travel and have many Derby-like games. Rotherham at just over 1k does surprise me though. If we add to that that we have been at championship level for 13 seasons save but 1 in the prem, then the novelty of same clubs over a few seasons wears off on many City fans. New grounds always get a good turn out from city fans - Burton as an example this season; I think we sold our allocation. Being in the bottom half all season doesn't inspire fans to travel either. That said 849 on average is not bad in my opinion.
    Spedger

In my mind there are a number of factors to consider here when looking for an answer e.g.

- The turgid football of last season & the appalling start we made this year where relegation looked a distinct possibility until Warnock came in

- The geography of the division is a big challenge for us where our average travelling distance (& the resultant cost) is one of the longest in the division. Most other teams have a number of rival clubs in close proximity e.g. over a Quarter of the division is based in Lancashire & Yorkshire. This would explain why a club like Rotherham have a higher average than us

- 3 of our longer trips (Preston (415 mile round trip) , Blackburn (430 miles) & Barnsley (415 miles) were midweek games which would have put off a number of our fans?

- The Brighton postponement where people (like me) who were attending the original game could not make the revised date?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    It would be interesting to find a formula that equated away support with mileage travelled and see what the results were then.
    Eg Reading away Is always well supported probably because its less than two hours away, there are so many clubs in the midlands and north who have one to two hour journeys, they're all back home by 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    It would be interesting to find a formula that equated away support with mileage travelled and see what the results were then.
    Eg Reading away Is always well supported probably because its less than two hours away, there are so many clubs in the midlands and north who have one to two hour journeys, they're all back home by 7.
    http://www.thestatszone.com/articles...glish-football

No surprise that we're near the top

849 from a club that is the only one in the city is absolutely fkin appalling.
    Get away with yourself man.

Utterly dog-shite.

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post

Utterly dog-shite.
    Having a pop at other fans not going to games when you're boycotting your own team because you're struggling?

Congratulations, I didn't think it was possible but you now look like an even bigger knut.

P.s you going to stick around and chat this time or just run away like a bitch again?

Utterly dog-shite.
    Are you back supporting your club now they've won a game?

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    They will be suicidal on that other web site!!!!!
    The usual attendance drama queen will no doubt post a thread or two on the subject.

When possible I am going to look at Villa's odds on winning it next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Are you back supporting your club now they've won a game?
    I support my club in good times and bad.
    Seems we have a fair few more do that than you and we have two teams in our city.

I can't say I blame you though watching the thugball that prick Warnock serves up.

Seems we have a fair few more do that than you and we have two teams in our city.

I can't say I blame you though watching the thugball that prick Warnock serves up.
    Still giving your "wholehearted" suport to your manager I assume. I supppse somebody hijacked your Twitter account too?
    Hope you feel just as proud of both your teams in Bristol when the Gas leapfrog you.

Thought you were a military man and you are crying over our physicality.

Maybe if we brought back the wanker cult of smashing up pubs on away trips maybe we'd see a rise.

Not that I ever go away.

If you went through a similar rebrand your attendances would plummet. As they will if you go down.

We all saw you blubbering on Twitter recently

Has mummy picked your toys up now?

I support my club in good times and bad!!!!!

Not quite true though is it Wurzel?

We've all seen your pathetic twitter posts a few weeks back when you stopped going and wished defeat on your own team.

And your pathetic whining about writing a letter to your owner because you were so upset after the Preston game.

And don't even get me started on how you come on here gloating about being in fourth place and then scuttle off with your tail between your legs when you plummet down the league.

Face it man, you're a complete shithouse who cries off when things get tough.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Thought you were a military man and you are crying over our physicality.

Maybe if we brought back the wanker cult of smashing up pubs on away trips maybe we'd see a rise.

Not that I ever go away.

If you went through a similar rebrand your attendances would plummet. As they will if you go down.
    Military man????

Is that his latest bullshit?

Dearly me, he's on a par with Croesy.

Lives in big house - bullshit

High flying investment banker - bullshit

Military man - bullshit

Supports his team through thick and thin - bullshit

Thinks Brizzle will beat Cardiff - bullshit

Thinks people on twitter count as friends - bullshit

Accuses Cardiff fans of throwing flares - bullshit

Banned

Nothing to do with the "re-brand" it's to do with the distance we have to travel.
    Take Aston Villa for example they have 2 clubs right on their doorstep which is bound to boost their average.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Military man????

Is that his latest bullshit?

Dearly me, he's on a par with Croesy.

Lives in big house - bullshit

High flying investment banker - bullshit

Military man - bullshit

Supports his team through thick and thin - bullshit

Thinks Brizzle will beat Cardiff - bullshit

Thinks people on twitter count as friends - bullshit

Accuses Cardiff fans of throwing flares - bullshit
    He is pathetic and only comes on here after the occasional win for his lot.

Every day when I wake up I thank the lord I'm not Jurssett.