+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Come on guys please

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Come on guys please

I know it's the close season but were are the Cardiff city related topics ?plenty for the dog lover,plane traveller,music lover and pizza eater but nothing relating to what is our core subject ,after all we are Cardiff City Mad.

Re: Come on guys please

Who?

Quote Originally Posted by Since64 View Post
    I know it's the close season but were are the Cardiff city related topics ?plenty for the dog lover,plane traveller,music lover and pizza eater but nothing relating to what is our core subject ,after all we are Cardiff City Mad.
    Was your own car

Sorry but these kind of posts/threads annoy me. Yes, of course we talk a lot of bollocks on here, but instead of waiting for other people to start threads about football, why not start one yourself?

And why try and pass yourself off as Since62?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Sorry but these kind of posts/threads annoy me. Yes, of course we talk a lot of bollocks on here, but instead of waiting for other people to start threads about football, why not start one yourself?
    They may annoy you but he's right. It's hard work when you take time to post a football related thread and you're met with weak attempts at humour (time after time)

In the end people think, what's the point!

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    It's hard work when you take time to post a football related thread and you're met with weak attempts at humour (time after time)
    Thinly veiled 'sick of it if I'm honest' post IMO.

We have a number of players whos contracts are ending. Is Warnock staying?. We are peasants in comparison to others in the league (somehow?), do we have any money at all to spend?.

If these questions were answered then I'd comment on the summer and next year.

Tan hasn't even spoken in months has he?. Is he looking to build a team for promotion? Because that requires investment.

Others clubs have chairmen that regularly comment as if they are fans. Everyone pulling for promotion. I don't think we have that, at all.

Warnock stabilised the team. Sol Bamba was a superb signing. Zahore was a bright spark in an otherwise pretty beige season.

It is quite hard to get extremely excited.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    We have a number of players whos contracts are ending. Is Warnock staying?. We are peasants in comparison to others in the league (somehow?), do we have any money at all to spend?.

If these questions were answered then I'd comment on the summer and next year.

Tan hasn't even spoken in months has he?. Is he looking to build a team for promotion? Because that requires investment.

Others clubs have chairmen that regularly comment as if they are fans. Everyone pulling for promotion. I don't think we have that, at all.

Warnock stabilised the team. Sol Bamba was a superb signing. Zahore was a bright spark in an otherwise pretty beige season.

It is quite hard to get extremely excited.
    I'm enthusiastic about next year only a few good signings away from a decent side.

We haven't had a decent close Sealand proper preparation for a few years now .

With regards to Tan I think he's keeping his head down and allowing his team to manage , let's be fair if he says anything ,he's usually pounced on and insulted anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'm enthusiastic about next year only a few good signings away from a decent side.

We haven't had a decent close Sealand proper preparation for a few years now .

With regards to Tan I think he's keeping his head down and allowing his team to manage , let's be fair if he says anything ,he's usually pounced on and insulted anyway
    Yes that is probably correct

They may annoy you but he's right. It's hard work when you take time to post a football related thread and you're met with weak attempts at humour (time after time)

Tbf, most of your posts are football related. It would be nice to have more of them, but the agenda of this board is set by the posters.

In thinking, you mean?

thats harsh on " weak attempts at humour " on here they are not even that good

In fairness, your own last 10 posts have been about:

Spurs
    Hinterland on TV
    FK Sarjevo
    Dog attack
    Birthday (Gary Bell fair enough)
    Event tickets
    Spare Tickets
    Brexit
    Restaurant in city centre
    Stunning places to visit

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    ^^^this
    Even if there is no news of note, there are plenty of things that one could post related to football. A quiz for example, or some trivia, facts that could branch off to other topics.

I would also wager that there are plenty of footballing threads that the OP has not bothered to contribute to after reading them

You used the word 'guys' and lost all credibility

Quote Originally Posted by PerryJason View Post
    You used the word 'guys' and lost all credibility
    was your mouth out

At half time in the Barnsley game last week, Organ Morgan posted this in the match thread;-

"At halftime, this thread has attracted 487 views and 15 replies. Over at OTIB, Bristol City's most popular forum, their matchday thread has 10,886 views and 438 replies. Okay, there's much more riding on the Preston away game for them but I still think the contrast is startling."

Says it all really doesn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    At half time in the Barnsley game last week, Organ Morgan posted this in the match thread;-

"At halftime, this thread has attracted 487 views and 15 replies. Over at OTIB, Bristol City's most popular forum, their matchday thread has 10,886 views and 438 replies. Okay, there's much more riding on the Preston away game for them but I still think the contrast is startling."

Sad to say this MB has been in decline for some years now , mainly due to the rebrand in my opinion.

Plus we were rather spoiled by the second Golden Age of Cardiff City with cup finals and promotion to the
    Premiershits League.

Life has been a bit tamer since then and people have drifted away from here and the CCS. Easy to see why , really.

OTIB is a far busier site generally than this one. Bit like CCMB used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    OTIB is a far busier site generally than this one. Bit like CCMB used to be.
    Before Tan drove thousands away?

Bristol City are playing for survival. We are playing for nothing. Nothing at all. Absolutely zilch. You may be able to make Cardiff v Brentford sound like the match of the century. But it wasn't.

Win against Sheffield Wednesday and we'll go above Barnsley. I mean, what is there to get excited about? No kids playing, so we have nothing to talk about with new faces. Lambert on the bench, yawn yawn yawn.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCPhil View Post
    Bristol City are playing for survival. We are playing for nothing. Nothing at all. Absolutely zilch. You may be able to make Cardiff v Brentford sound like the match of the century. But it wasn't.

Win against Sheffield Wednesday and we'll go above Barnsley. I mean, what is there to get excited about? No kids playing, so we have nothing to talk about with new faces. Lambert on the bench, yawn yawn yawn.
    Excuses, excuses. I had a look back a few months ago when we were "playing for survival". Typically, a whole game was getting in the region of thirty to forty comments and there was one where the number of views was close to four thousand. So, there were usually about a tenth of the number of replies a Bristol City game thread gets in one half and there might be the occasional match where there may be getting towards a half of the views that the wurszels get in forty five minutes of football.

I sometimes think that the almost complete decline of this messageboard as a place for worthwhile Cardiff City discussion is symptomatic of a general decline in messageboard usage in the face of competition from other social media platforms, but then you look at the links to the boards of clubs like Swansea, the wurzels and Leeds for match threads that have been seen on here in the fairly recent past and they make the numbers this board gets look embarrassing.

You look on *****' board and the number of hits and views the match thread gets look better than this one's, but the one on there for the Brentford game was started five days (!!!) before the match took place and, just as on here, an awful lot of the posting before and during the game comes from the site owner.

Back in the days when this truly was a football messageboard, there used to be fairly common arguments started by someone accusing their fellow City fans of being "fickle". Any historical study of the gates that the club got season by season (or often from game to game over the course of a season) tends to support the theory that Cardiff City fans are more fickle than most and the way this board has gone in recent years only backs it up.

I don't think it's true to the same extent on *****' board, but it seems that on here, rather than posters disappearing from the site as they stop watching the football team it's supposed to be about, it's the people who still watch the side who are leaving! On the other hand, a nucleus whose interest in Cardiff City has declined sharply in the past few years still hang about and, in many ways, now set this Board's agenda - such as it is.
    Last edited by the other bob wilson; 13-04-17 at 09:35.

Radio coverage of their matches may be better in Bristol than the efforts Radio Wales serve up. I've stopped listening to the commentary of City matches as they rarely describe the action (admittedly there wasn't much under Slade's tenure) so I can't really have a say on matches I'm not following.

Mrs Tan. Mrs Warnock. Are the women behind the scenes really important to the modern game and influential in key decisions?

Russell Slade, Paulk Trollope, Neil Warnock...who have the fans warmed to the most?

Short-cutters. A peril to themselves or a menace to society? Discuss.