+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Come on guys please

Re: Come on guys please

Quote Originally Posted by Ring_Peace View Post
    Mrs Tan. Mrs Warnock. Are the women behind the scenes really important to the modern game and influential in key decisions?

Russell Slade, Paulk Trollope, Neil Warnock...who have the fans warmed to the most?

Short-cutters. A peril to themselves or a menace to society? Discuss.
    Depends.
    Did they cut their own hair short, or did the barber?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCPhil View Post
    Bristol City are playing for survival. We are playing for nothing. Nothing at all. Absolutely zilch. You may be able to make Cardiff v Brentford sound like the match of the century. But it wasn't.

Win against Sheffield Wednesday and we'll go above Barnsley. I mean, what is there to get excited about? No kids playing, so we have nothing to talk about with new faces. Lambert on the bench, yawn yawn yawn.
    Excuses, excuses. I had a look back a few months ago when we were "playing for survival". Typically, a whole game was getting in the region of thirty to forty comments and there was one where the number of views was close to four thousand. So, there were usually about a tenth of the number of replies a Bristol City game thread gets in one half and there might be the occasional match where there may be getting towards a half of the views that the wurszels get in forty five minutes of football.

I sometimes think that the almost complete decline of this messageboard as a place for worthwhile Cardiff City discussion is symptomatic of a general decline in messageboard usage in the face of competition from other social media platforms, but then you look at the links to the boards of clubs like Swansea, the wurzels and Leeds for match threads that have been seen on here in the fairly recent past and they make the numbers this board gets look embarrassing.

You look on *****' board and the number of hits and views the match thread gets look better than this one's, but the one on there for the Brentford game was started five days (!!!) before the match took place and, just as on here, an awful lot of the posting before and during the game comes from the site owner.

Back in the days when this truly was a football messageboard, there used to be fairly common arguments started by someone accusing their fellow City fans of being "fickle". Any historical study of the gates that the club got season by season (or often from game to game over the course of a season) tends to support the theory that Cardiff City fans are more fickle than most and the way this board has gone in recent years only backs it up.

I don't think it's true to the same extent on *****' board, but it seems that on here, rather than posters disappearing from the site as they stop watching the football team it's supposed to be about, it's the people who still watch the side who are leaving! On the other hand, a nucleus whose interest in Cardiff City has declined sharply in the past few years still hang about and, in many ways, now set this Board's agenda - such as it is.
    Last edited by the other bob wilson; 13-04-17 at 09:35.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'm enthusiastic about next year only a few good signings away from a decent side.

We haven't had a decent close Sealand proper preparation for a few years now .

With regards to Tan I think he's keeping his head down and allowing his team to manage , let's be fair if he says anything ,he's usually pounced on and insulted anyway
    Yes that is probably correct

Anybody know a good place to buy guitar strings?

Radio coverage of their matches may be better in Bristol than the efforts Radio Wales serve up. I've stopped listening to the commentary of City matches as they rarely describe the action (admittedly there wasn't much under Slade's tenure) so I can't really have a say on matches I'm not following.

Leo Fortune-West