+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welsh ball raffle

Re: Welsh ball raffle

Quote Originally Posted by city1927 View Post
    Good Luck Jimmy. Just really seen the post now and noticed you were doing this. You helped me out in the past with the Bongo. Top Man! Never forgotten that. You really are a star, good luck tomorrow. I hope it all goes well for you and the team. Great Cause.
    Cheers Marc , very kind .

yea, good luck Jimmy

My mate has just run " race to the stones " 100 K in 19 hours, impressive stuff

82 miles done yesterday. Ride was ok until the last 5 miles and 2 ridiculous climbs were thrown in . One or two had to push their bikes up them ( not me )
    In Aberystwyth now getting ready for day 2 , had one or two pints more than I should have last night just to make it that little bit harder . Head is a bit groggy . One or two others will have the same problem I fear ..
    Great group of people lots of laughs and banter . Our very own Scott Young doing it with a damaged Achilles.
    Weather has been fantastic , bring on today's cycle .

I will get Dougie Bellamy to draw the winner of the ball next week . Blue Tone my original choice is in the draw . Wouldn't do if he won it

Good on you Jimmy you're the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I'm in Jim
    Now there's a mental picture I didn't want

Hi Jimmy,
    Good luck to all of you on the ride. I've been to your JustGiving page.
    Neil

Just donated Jimmy. Keep pedaling.

From personal experience can I recommend Crotch Guard. No unpleasant squidgy gloop- just a pleasant protective oil to massage into your gentleman's area.

It's all over , 216 miles with mental hills , each day was harder than the last . One of the most challenging things I have ever attempted . Some of the cyclists had only been pedalling for a couple of months , to attempt and succeed in getting round the whole course was a fantastic achievement . There was around 25 of us with varying degrees of ability , we split into two groups, the fast group of twenty somethings and the rest of us . The camaraderie with all of us was excellent , great patter lots of laughs .
    The scenery ( which the fast group never saw ) was beautiful , saw birds of prey hunting over the fields . The cycling felt fairly safe even in the windy roads of North and Mid Wales , the first time it felt dangerous was as we approached the busy roads of South Wales and the cars started to get a bit closer .
    A massive thank you for all the donations , with your help I have raised over £1200 so far .
    I will get the draw sorted for the ball next week . I will,put a list up to make sure everyone who has donated is in the draw .