+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Cardiff v Swansea derby double?

The Cardiff v Swansea derby double?

How serious do you take it?
    If they came down and we did the double over them would you be more happier with the 6pts or doing the derby double that's never happened?
    Same other way around would you be more pissed off dropping 6pts to them or because they did the double?

Re: The Cardiff v Swansea derby double?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    How serious do you take it?
    If they came down and we did the double over them would you be more happier with the 6pts or doing the derby double that's never happened?
    Same other way around would you be more pissed off dropping 6pts to them or because they did the double?
    Beating them means everything to me.
    The only time the 6 points would be more important would be if it meant the difference between going up or staying up.

For some reason though, the joy of beating them doesn't come anywhere near the feeling of misery when losing to them.

Even for someone who views the wurzels as the true enemy because we never really started playing Swansea much until I'd been watching City for about fifteen years, the double means an awful lot to me because neither side has managed to do it so far.

Yep, breaking that amazing sequence would offer top bragging rights.

I'd rather not have it in our fixture as it will distracts from our promotion push

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'd rather not have it in our fixture as it will distracts from our promotion push
    You have misspelt championship winning push

We did it in wartime games, I'm claiming 'the double'!

I`d take the double over them, if they come down , over promotion to the greedy league to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Even for someone who views the wurzels as the true enemy because we never really started playing Swansea much until I'd been watching City for about fifteen years, the double means an awful lot to me because neither side has managed to do it so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Yep, breaking that amazing sequence would offer top bragging rights.

\\\\\\\ditto to both quotes.

Would love to see us take the 6 points!

Honestly believe if/when they get relegated they would implode, all their better players would leave and would spend all next season in a relegation battle.

It would be great to relegate them at Easter 2018 and send them back to where they belong in Division One

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post

For some reason though, the joy of beating them doesn't come anywhere near the feeling of misery when losing to them.
    So true

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Beating them means everything to me.
    The only time the 6 points would be more important would be if it meant the difference between going up or staying up.

The only time when that wasn't true, was when Chops scored in injury time. That was a bit special.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    The only time when that wasn't true, was when Chops scored in injury time. That was a bit special.
    When Pike scored is up there to

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    When Pike scored is up there to
    That was possibly the most enjoyment i have ever experienced from football.

Quote Originally Posted by protex blue View Post
    Would love to see us take the 6 points!

Honestly believe if/when they get relegated they would implode, all their better players would leave and would spend all next season in a relegation battle.

It would be great to relegate them at Easter 2018 and send them back to where they belong in Division One
    I initially worried that they'd be too strong for us but I agree. The malaise at going down would probably cause carnage on and off the pitch whereas we're accustomed to this division, plus we have Warnock so I'd fancy our chances.

As for the double, it's not ever been done for a reason and so I could see us winning there but them winning here.