+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Champions League tonight. What to watch Bayern v Real M or Atletico M v Leicester?

Champions League tonight. What to watch Bayern v Real M or Atletico M v Leicester?

Going to start with the Leicester game; but will keep an eye on the other match - and may well switch over......

Re: Champions League tonight. What to watch Bayern v Real M or Atletico M v Leicester?

Keep us updated like.

Re: Champions League tonight. What to watch Bayern v Real M or Atletico M v Leicester?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Keep us updated like.
    This is a football thread so I'm quite keen to see how it pans out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Going to start with the Leicester game; but will keep an eye on the other match - and may well switch over......
    Pop on fb at half time, I need a word, love.

I'm watching both at the same time but can't wait for the half-time synopsis.

Atletico 1-0 Leicester
    Bayern 1-0 Real Madrid

Half time scores.

Bayern vs Madrid

Very good game so far.

I chose the wrong option, Atletico v Leicester and fell asleep!

I see Bale was substituted after an hour. Wondered was he injured, was it tactical or was he simply rubbish?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I chose the wrong option, Atletico v Leicester and fell asleep!

I see Bale was substituted after an hour. Wondered was he injured, was it tactical or was he simply rubbish?
    He didn't seem to be that involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Just watched highlights, could have been 4 all. They did show Bale have a bullet header saved by Nauer, one of many he made.

Hopefully a Juventus v Real Madrid showpiece for Cardiff, though Monaco v Leicester still a possibility

I kept switching between them and every time there was a goal it was on the other side.

Juventus R Madrid in Cardiff would be amazing as above said.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    More worryingly Marco Asensio who came on for him looks the real deal. He was better than Bale he is 20.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    More worryingly Marco Asensio who came on for him looks the real deal. He was better than Bale he is 20.
    Is that the end of Bales career then?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Is that the end of Bales career then?
    Not just yet. He has 2-3 years of being properly good left.

Unfortunately I think we've seen the best of him. That being his period at spurs where there were amazing moments in every game before he left.

He should switch to a striker in the future I think rather than being so wide all the time.

There are many reasons why he doesn't seem to be showing what he has at RM.
    During the couple of seasons where he was outstanding (where Spurs won nothing), the brief when playing for Spurs was get it to Bale and support him, whereas at Madrid it is get it to Ronaldo.
    Also, there are so many match winners at RM and that is why they have been consistently so good for so long.
    There is only it one ball and it needs to be shared out more for the top players to show what they have. Their style demands that.

I think Bale has a lot more to come and I hope he will get his chance to be the top man. I see this provided he is be patient, when Ronaldo decides he's had enough and they are still winning trophies.