+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Sky Sports HD, landline phone and basic internet deals

O/T Sky Sports HD, landline phone and basic internet deals

hi all,
    I know this has been discussed before - how much of a better deal should I aim for (currently paying £123/month) for Sky Sports HD, landline phone and basic internet please?

Re: O/T Sky Sports HD, landline phone and basic internet deals

Do you have Virgin in your area? Not Virgins!

Ask for half price and take it from there. I jacked SKY in a few months ago and won't be going back. Screw them as far as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    Do you have Virgin in your area? Not Virgins!
    Pretty sure we do have Virgin - do they do Sky Sports HD?

Be prepared to cancel and wait and expect AT LEAST around £30 pcm off that. If you have no actual intention of leaving it is a game of mexican stand off. if youre prepared to actually cancel then a bit more once its cut off once you rejoin.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    Yep - ring them and ask what they can do. Then as Pearcey3 says do the stand off with them. Say you have been offered x from Virgin and can they match etc. Say you want to leave and expect the calls to make you stay.

i would be expecting 40% of that bill

We're paying £90 for Sky HD (with Sports, Movies, Multiroom)

BT's Fibre is significantly better than Sky ever provided, and Virgin haven't cabled our street, so we went to BT for our broadband (so we get free BT Sports...which is a necessity)

So overall we must be paying well over £100 a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post

BT's Fibre is significantly better than Sky ever provided, and Virgin haven't cabled our street, so we went to BT for our broadband (so we get free BT Sports...which is a necessity)

Im paying £56 for Hd package and multiroom with everything except movies (which I source ahem elsewhere). Ill be pushing for a much cheaper deal in June - I have BT infinity and wouldn't change. Not cheap but fast and reliable

hi all,
    I know this has been discussed before - how much of a better deal should I aim for (currently paying £123/month) for Sky Sports HD, landline phone and basic internet please?
    In March, I cancelled BT played Sky off against them & ended up saving around £45/mth. I've now got a full Sky package including their top broadband package @ £103/mth, I did have to agree an 18 month term

Just read some comments above our experience is totally the opposite, Sky broadband has been light years better than BT (which is why I moved) The £103 is £65 for a full Sky HD pack including movies, including multiroom, £19 line, £11 broadband + £8 talk anytime
    Last edited by Des Parrot; 12-04-17 at 20:42.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    Im paying £56 for Hd package and multiroom with everything except movies (which I source ahem elsewhere). Ill be pushing for a much cheaper deal in June - I have BT infinity and wouldn't change. Not cheap but fast and reliable
    Re broadband. I recently upgraded my BT router to their latest one and it made a world of difference to my wireless broadband.

Sky are crooks, the sooner everyone gets out the better. It's only a matter time hopefully as Sky has been no.1 for about 20 years, too many competitors now for them to charge stupid prices like that.

They did when I was with them just over a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Ask for half price and take it from there. I jacked SKY in a few months ago and won't be going back. Screw them as far as you can.
    My contract with Sky runs out in ten days and, despite receiving a letter from Sky last week saying I can have the same deal for slightly less than half price, I won't be going back to them either - I'm jacking in BT Sport as well as all of the Sky Sports Channels, I've had enough of paying rip off prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post

You're paying far too much. Full Sky package with Sky Q is costing me just £52. UHD sport is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    You're paying far too much. Full Sky package with Sky Q is costing me just £52. UHD sport is amazing.
    Is that with Sky broadband , landline?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    My contract with Sky runs out in ten days and, despite receiving a letter from Sky last week saying I can have the same deal for slightly less than half price, I won't be going back to them either - I'm jacking in BT Sport as well as all of the Sky Sports Channels, I've had enough of paying rip off prices.
    I don't agree the prices are a rip off. They're only a rip off if you feel you have no other option. You used another option - you left. Sky TV is not an essential. Competition is driving prices up. The next step, I think, will be for an internet based company (similar to Netflix, possibly Amazon) to take over sports rights offering clubs a direct share in profits. Once that happens, Sky will be cooked because they are years behind the curve in this regard. Plus, I think it will be more flexible with people paying on a game by game basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Is that with Sky broadband , landline?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    In March, I cancelled BT played Sky off against them & ended up saving around £45/mth. I've now got a full Sky package including their top broadband package @ £103/mth, I did have to agree an 18 month term

Just read some comments above our experience is totally the opposite, Sky broadband has been light years better than BT (which is why I moved) The £103 is £65 for a full Sky HD pack including movies, including multiroom, £19 line, £11 broadband + £8 talk anytime
    Let's get things straight here Sky broadband is BT broadband, as Sky have no broadband infrastructure of their own and use BT's

Come to utility warehouse, you'll get your broadband, gas and electric cheaper with free LED lighbukbs for life 😉👍
    Then go back to SKY and say ' I've left you for broadband and phone what you going to offer me to keep my tv??

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Let's get things straight here Sky broadband is BT broadband, as Sky have no broadband infrastructure of their own and use BT's
    sky do have dedicated sections in the exchange ( not all though ) for BB

at least they used to, if its changed i stand corrected

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    sky do have dedicated sections in the exchange ( not all though ) for BB

at least they used to, if its changed i stand corrected
    They do have broadband racks, installed and maintained by BT , Sky ,Talk Talk etc, are all parasites Virgin and BT are the only people who provide any infrastructure

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I don't agree the prices are a rip off. They're only a rip off if you feel you have no other option. You used another option - you left. Sky TV is not an essential. Competition is driving prices up. The next step, I think, will be for an internet based company (similar to Netflix, possibly Amazon) to take over sports rights offering clubs a direct share in profits. Once that happens, Sky will be cooked because they are years behind the curve in this regard. Plus, I think it will be more flexible with people paying on a game by game basis.
    They are a rip off. You have elderly people probably paying top whack because they have no idea they can negotiate discounted prices. These people are being ripped off. If SKY can discount their charges by 50% it begs the question why they are charging so much in the first place. I was paying something like six times the price of my Netflix subscription for the SKY basic package. Even with the discount it was more than three times as much and I was watching a lot more Netflix than SKY
    Complete rip off and hopefully more and more will switch off.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    They are a rip off. You have elderly people probably paying top whack because they have no idea they can negotiate discounted prices. These people are being ripped off. If SKY can discount their charges by 50% it begs the question why they are charging so much in the first place. I was paying something like six times the price of my Netflix subscription for the SKY basic package. Even with the discount it was more than three times as much and I was watching a lot more Netflix than SKY
    Complete rip off and hopefully more and more will switch off.

THIS^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    BT are the only people who provide any infrastructure
    Well, Openreach.