+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T Sky Sports HD, landline phone and basic internet deals

Re: O/T Sky Sports HD, landline phone and basic internet deals

Could be worth considering getting a decent free view / freesat box , then maybe a NOW tv monthly pass for sky sports at £25. Or pay as you go for sport at the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I don't agree the prices are a rip off. They're only a rip off if you feel you have no other option. You used another option - you left. Sky TV is not an essential. Competition is driving prices up. The next step, I think, will be for an internet based company (similar to Netflix, possibly Amazon) to take over sports rights offering clubs a direct share in profits. Once that happens, Sky will be cooked because they are years behind the curve in this regard. Plus, I think it will be more flexible with people paying on a game by game basis.
    Spot on agree with this 👍

What I dont understand is Sky business model.

They've paid over the odds for sport and now just try to charge as much as they can. Yet more and more people have rumbled them. Its only the most vulnerable, well off, ignorant or lazy that don't negotiate a discount. Whether that cohort is large enough to sustain them I don't know but it pisses me off they continue to charge what they do. They are not helping themselves, people will only put up with it for so long - and I speak as a customer who intends renewing (but only at the right price for me).

Their product is essentially sound but its overpriced and there are now so many other options and theyve done it to themselves by overpaying for the rights

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Well, Openreach.
    Openreach correct they've tied BT's hands behind their back,I forgot that

Sky is a great product but if you aren't careful then your bills spiral out of control. I rang them yesterday and negotiated 25% off my broadband and 20% off my TV for the next 18months, saving almost £300. Tidy, well tidy

If you get a reduced monthly rate, do they tie you in to another 12 - 18 months contract ?

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    If you get a reduced monthly rate, do they tie you in to another 12 - 18 months contract ?
    Yes as far as I was concerned last year

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    12 month for me, which was fine, as i was a good price

Thanks all, some really useful advice

Crazy money ,cancel the lot just pay for broadband, go own the pub and watch the games that are worth seeing, and back up the rest with MOTD highlights

Quote Originally Posted by PerryJason View Post
    Sky is a great product but if you aren't careful then your bills spiral out of control. I rang them yesterday and negotiated 25% off my broadband and 20% off my TV for the next 18months, saving almost £300. Tidy, well tidy
    Just 20%.?

Not a very good negotiater are you?
    Last edited by J R Hartley; 28-04-17 at 05:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    Thanks all, some really useful advice
    Chris you just have to call their bluff.

Don't ask them what they can do for you because that says you dont really want to leave. Just say you want to cancel and you can no longer afford it. The price hikes are far exceeding inflation for a lesser product (no champions league, far more PPV boxing .etc.etc) and sky customers are over paying way too much because of the ridiculous TV deal Sky have agreed with the premier league. Just lay it on thick.

They may offer you some crappy deal first like 6 quid off the box sets or 20% off TV package but just hold firm until they offer at least 50% off the TV package.

You have to be prepared to cancel and then within the 31 days notice period they will be back with a better offer.

Paying the amount you are they will not want to lose your custom even at a 50% reduced TV package.
    Last edited by J R Hartley; 28-04-17 at 06:14.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Come to utility warehouse, you'll get your broadband, gas and electric cheaper with free LED lighbukbs for life ����
    Then go back to SKY and say ' I've left you for broadband and phone what you going to offer me to keep my tv??
    Utility Warehouse the same for me too.Great value for energy,mobile.landline and broadband and then contacted Sky and have the full HD package with multiroom package for £57.