+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Does football still do it for You?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Does football still do it for You?

No different for me.
    Love travelling the country with my lad and mates supporting my club.

Can't watch non league stuff, feel like I shouldn't be out there.

City is my 2nd family, love bumping into the same faces at home games and having a joke with my mates and the other guys around me.
    Wales was fun at the Wuros, but has been mostly crap for 20 years. Plenty on the bandwagon now, but I can take it or leave it. Watched for years just through loyalty when the cross were awful and the football worse.Love seeing Bale, he's something special and the team spirit is great to see, but City has been my love week in week out and that has never changed.
    Great to see loads of noisy youngsters at away games these days too.

Looking forward to next season now.

Can’t help but agree with some of the points raised by Des Parrot and Blue Wales. I still can’t quite believe this will be my last season following CCFC. I haven’t attended many games this year and I haven’t renewed my ST for next year, after 39 years of regular attendance.

Can’t put my finger on one single cause but the passion (aka pashun) has definitely gone and I no longer seem to care whether City win or lose, which would have been unthinkable during the NP era!

Another factor is the increasing cost of travelling to the games, which together with the ST cost, comes to about £800 a year. On a fixed pension income that is a significant sum to spend on something that is becoming a bit of a chore, plus the two and a half hour journey each way to the CCS doesn’t help either.

Maybe there is the “age thing” too – perhaps more important priorities now?

Unlike some others on the MB I have never regarded myself as anything other than a source of income for the club, rather than a “valued customer” (that’s a pretty fanciful notion in today’s football world) so that is not a factor.

Finally, maybe the apparent lack of enthusiasm from the players and the absence from the team of the more committed local players like Joe Dwyer and Jason Perry has a more subtle demoralising effect.

With regard football in general I too am not interested in the Premier League – the only time I watched Match of the Day was when City were in that league. Maybe I’ll go support my local non-league team – at £5 a ticket I can manage that!

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    No different for me.
    Love travelling the country with my lad and mates supporting my club.

Can't watch non league stuff, feel like I shouldn't be out there.

City is my 2nd family, love bumping into the same faces at home games and having a joke with my mates and the other guys around me.
    Wales was fun at the Wuros, but has been mostly crap for 20 years. Plenty on the bandwagon now, but I can take it or leave it. Watched for years just through loyalty when the cross were awful and the football worse.Love seeing Bale, he's something special and the team spirit is great to see, but City has been my love week in week out and that has never changed.
    Great to see loads of noisy youngsters at away games these days too.

Looking forward to next season now.
    The noisy youngsters were us years ago