+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Does football still do it for You?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Does football still do it for You?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    "commercial" football ... no, I cannot believe how quickly (after 40+ years of addiction) that I've gone off it. I don't even know City's fixtures.

Grass roots / non-league, I'm loving it, abusive crowds, no seats, getting a reaction from a referee or opposition player, knowing the players by their first names. There's something real about it that I'd lost since the move from NP. Oh! and I'm saving around £3,000 / season
    The good thing about many non-league games is the fact that the people in the crowd can act as adults and have a drink togthether as opposed to be separated by Police and stewards. When I was an occasional steward at Welling United, not only did some opposing fans look forward to meeting each other twice a season but they would stay over in each other's homes too.

Re: Does football still do it for You?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The good thing about many non-league games is the fact that the people in the crowd can act as adults and have a drink togthether as opposed to be separated by Police and stewards. When I was an occasional steward at Welling United, not only did some opposing fans look forward to meeting each other twice a season but they would stay over in each other's homes too.
    Been away with Merthyr a few times and what a difference,welcomed into the clubhouse before the game,sit with opposition fans during the game,and best of all a blood and thunder old fashioned game with no cheats rolling around like they've been shot,then Hereford turn up to spoil it