+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does football still do it for You?

Blog Entries

Re: Does football still do it for You?

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    You know what you can do.

I'm enjoying now, the 'caring' is back, mainly because the team are having a go, the wins from a losing position this season is such a positive statistic. Pre Warnock the lads I go with were treating the football as 90 minutes in the middle of a good day out, sort of like a 'Betty Ford' clinic thing, it kept you off the piss for a couple of hours. Now we look forward to the games more than we have for a good while.

No different for me.
    Love travelling the country with my lad and mates supporting my club.

Can't watch non league stuff, feel like I shouldn't be out there.

City is my 2nd family, love bumping into the same faces at home games and having a joke with my mates and the other guys around me.
    Wales was fun at the Wuros, but has been mostly crap for 20 years. Plenty on the bandwagon now, but I can take it or leave it. Watched for years just through loyalty when the cross were awful and the football worse.Love seeing Bale, he's something special and the team spirit is great to see, but City has been my love week in week out and that has never changed.
    Great to see loads of noisy youngsters at away games these days too.

Looking forward to next season now.

Can’t help but agree with some of the points raised by Des Parrot and Blue Wales. I still can’t quite believe this will be my last season following CCFC. I haven’t attended many games this year and I haven’t renewed my ST for next year, after 39 years of regular attendance.

Can’t put my finger on one single cause but the passion (aka pashun) has definitely gone and I no longer seem to care whether City win or lose, which would have been unthinkable during the NP era!

Another factor is the increasing cost of travelling to the games, which together with the ST cost, comes to about £800 a year. On a fixed pension income that is a significant sum to spend on something that is becoming a bit of a chore, plus the two and a half hour journey each way to the CCS doesn’t help either.

Maybe there is the “age thing” too – perhaps more important priorities now?

Unlike some others on the MB I have never regarded myself as anything other than a source of income for the club, rather than a “valued customer” (that’s a pretty fanciful notion in today’s football world) so that is not a factor.

Finally, maybe the apparent lack of enthusiasm from the players and the absence from the team of the more committed local players like Joe Dwyer and Jason Perry has a more subtle demoralising effect.

With regard football in general I too am not interested in the Premier League – the only time I watched Match of the Day was when City were in that league. Maybe I’ll go support my local non-league team – at £5 a ticket I can manage that!

I still enjoy my football. My club have made a big effort in making it more affordable.
    I also enjoy watching Wales and have done since the days of Gary Speed.
    Having said that the game has lost a bit of its soul. I took my 89 year old dad to Kingsholm a couple of weeks go for the Gloucester v Cardiff game. The club were fantastic moving us to great seats on the halfway line. We were right by the Cardiff Blues replacements bench and during the first half managed to get Matthew Rees to come and have a quick chat with dad and have his photo taken with him.
    It was brilliant.

There was a sense of community at Gloucester.In truth its always been there but has been lost in the corporate world of football.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    No different for me.
    Love travelling the country with my lad and mates supporting my club.

Can't watch non league stuff, feel like I shouldn't be out there.

City is my 2nd family, love bumping into the same faces at home games and having a joke with my mates and the other guys around me.
    Wales was fun at the Wuros, but has been mostly crap for 20 years. Plenty on the bandwagon now, but I can take it or leave it. Watched for years just through loyalty when the cross were awful and the football worse.Love seeing Bale, he's something special and the team spirit is great to see, but City has been my love week in week out and that has never changed.
    Great to see loads of noisy youngsters at away games these days too.

Looking forward to next season now.
    The noisy youngsters were us years ago

First Team

It's the same for me.
    Football is no longer the default sport these days.
    If I am about I will make the effort to watch the City but I now longer go out of my way.
    Don't bother with matches on the tv and the whole Champions League/ international football leaves me cold these days.
    On the other hand I am watching more and more rugby and cricket will take up a fair proportion of my summer sport watching.
    Factor in I am doing two tennis grand slams and the World Athletic championships and football is very much taking a back seat.
    Each unto their own but it's more of a Luke warm interest these days.

I think your right for those who witnessed the 70/80'sport today's game is sterile, you get the odd classic, clubs are so strangled by commercial failure mass attendances at affordable prices is not there, therefore grounds have less intensity and edgy atmosphere, which reflects on less passion and effort on the field .

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    So does anyone spend more time with a different sport
    I been watching loads of NBA recently

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    I been watching loads of NBA recently
    Fox Hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    The noisy youngsters were us years ago
    😂 I'm still noisy now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    �� I'm still noisy now.
    FFFF ing tell me about it, I'm deaf, but you don't half get carried away about refs, from the back of the Ninian stand.

Banned

Don't get me wrong, the away games on the TIT are brilliant.
    But for me , working away from home Mon to Fri the last thing I want to do on a Saturday is travel back to London etc on my precious weekends off.
    I miss the NP days. I miss people pissing on my feet in the old troughs

I still love football as much as i always have done.

I watch more football than ever but I'm still selective in what i watch.

I love listening and watching proper analysis of games like sky provide on mnf.

I watch all Madrid and Barcelona's games and i love seeing players like Iniesta apply their trade.

Watching Cardiff has been difficult over the last few years but slowly but surely the old passion is coming back.

Its not football its CCFC. Id rather watch boxing/ a cricket match even horse racing to most other football games.

Plastic TV fans will never have that buzz when your team wins or the lows on defeat. Those lows make the highs all the better.

I saw a post yesterday from someone who has quit and wont be coming back ( rebrand I think). Said along the lines of not missing the stress. I get that and have felt like that after a weekend has been ruined thinking why did I ever support this club and wish I didnt care. But the reality is I wouldnt have it any other way. Its like a drug following this club.

Yes it does probably because I go with my son and Grandson who are as committed to City as I am.Also go with a cross section of mates who have been around for a long time.The social side is obviously a big factor but City is still the big draw and always will be.