+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Can anyone name this player? Or the year? Or even confirm it's definitely City?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Can anyone name this player? Or the year? Or even confirm it's definitely City?

I have to say at first glance it doesn't look like Jimmy Mullen, but unless it has been photoshopped then it should be him. The second photo shows Mullen in a photo with Lee Smelt, and Smelt was only with us for the 84/5 and 85/6 season, and on loan to Exeter for the end of 84/5. I never went away then so don't know the away strip colours. So it could be either 84/5 or 85/6?

Re: Can anyone name this player? Or the year? Or even confirm it's definitely City?

It's definitely from the second half of the 85-86 season. Anyone with programmes from that season may be able to help with exactly when the Allux sponsorship started. I've got a couple but they don't contain any pictures from the Wigan game although they do show us wearing the Allux shirt at home to Rotherham and Plymouth and away to Derby around that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    It's definitely from the second half of the 85-86 season. Anyone with programmes from that season may be able to help with exactly when the Allux sponsorship started. I've got a couple but they don't contain any pictures from the Wigan game although they do show us wearing the Allux shirt at home to Rotherham and Plymouth and away to Derby around that time.
    What colour where the away shorts?

picjmullen.jpg

This is Jimmy Mullen from the same period in a similar,non sponsored shirt.