+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone name this player? Or the year? Or even confirm it's definitely City?

Can anyone name this player? Or the year? Or even confirm it's definitely City?

Re: Can anyone name this player? Or the year? Or even confirm it's definitely City?

Looks like Robbie James

Re: Can anyone name this player? Or the year? Or even confirm it's definitely City?

Dont think it's a Cardiff shirt

Were we sponsored by Allah?

Jimmy Mullen ?

Mullen played between 82 and 84

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Mullen played between 82 and 84
    He played longer than that. He was definitely with us for the 85-86 season. And that sponsor rings a bell. Welsh Cup maybe?

Ramsey

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Jimmy Mullen ?
    Definitely. Was on holiday with the Mrs in Bulgaria about 8 yrs ago, wearing a city top in our hotel bar. This fella pulls up a chair and it was indeed our former Capt Jimmy Mullen. Top bloke, absolutely loved his time at the City told me some great stories involving the Bennett Brothers!

My first though was Jimmy Mullen, but is that even a Cardiff shirt? If so I 've never seen it before.

I believe this photo has come from a Wigan Athletic source, so Welsh Cup is probably out. Surely someone here would remember if we had this sponsor. Agreed, it looks like Jimmy Mullen

Quote Originally Posted by beef View Post
    I believe this photo has come from a Wigan Athletic source, so Welsh Cup is probably out. Surely someone here would remember if we had this sponsor. Agreed, it looks like Jimmy Mullen
    Looks like Mullen to me as well

The list Vimana posted shows we were never sponsored by the company shown in the photo (Allux?) and I'm 99% sure that's not a City kit. According to a source from Google, pinstripe shirts were considered "de rigueur" in 82/83. so that makes sense if it is Jimmy Mullen, but City's change kit that season when they got promoted from the old Division Three was all yellow. I'm also far from convinced that the player in the picture is Mullen - see the photo of him in the feature on City captains below

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/incomin...ptains-9263126

Is that really a City badge in the picture as well?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The list Vimana posted shows we were never sponsored by the company shown in the photo (Allux?) and I'm 99% sure that's not a City kit. According to a source from Google, pinstripe shirts were considered "de rigueur" in 82/83. so that makes sense if it is Jimmy Mullen, but City's change kit that season when they got promoted from the old Division Three was all yellow. I'm also far from convinced that the player in the picture is Mullen - see the photo of him in the feature on City captains below

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/incomin...ptains-9263126

Is that really a City badge in the picture as well?
    Chris Marustik

You can just make out that it's an Admiral shirt.
    We only had Admiral shirts between 85 and 88 when we sponsored by either Airways Cymru or Buckleys Brewery.

Doesnt look like a City kit to me.

Dont recognise the player and doesnt look like any of the players mentioned on this thread to me.

The badge don't look right on the shirt, I reckon it's been photo shopped, or whatever they call it.

Looking at it again, I'm not even sure it is a city badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Since64 View Post
    Chris Marustik
    A possibility, but this photo of Marustik playing for us doesn't seem too like the guy in the picture in the OP.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33905620

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A possibility, but this photo of Marustik playing for us doesn't seem too like the guy in the picture in the OP.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33905620
    I'm guessing to be fair but that's the name that popped into my head ,it's not Clive Charles or one of the Bennett boys that's for sure if that's any help

It's not a City badge.

i thought it looked like a walsall badge,

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    i thought it looked like a walsall badge,
    Good call